You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Reminder to Team PLO8

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,048

It's Sunday, so tonight sees the weekly £33 PLO8 BH affair.

Numbers dropped last week, though it (just about) covered.

Makes no odds to me as it's not my bag - think I'd rather listen to Christmas Carols then play it - but I know the PLO8 boys, led by MarkyGoOn&On&On, are keen for it to stay on the roster.

You can register via this link;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=32085670&guid=bca65b7c-2323-4d77-a4e6-f438a0a33acb

Note it has 1 entry already - Uncle Pommy - though he won his entry, God knows how.

Comments

• Options

Who wants to hazard a guess at how many runners it will get tonight?

I'll go for 16. Hope I'm wrong though.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    25 goodluck
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    I will go for 26.

I won't make it tonight as I will have my Santa hat on and be visiting family members to deliver Christmas presents. I will 100% make it next Sunday though, even although it falls on Xmas eve (I have just sought and received permission from the other half :D ).

Will be interesting (am slightly concerned) to see how the game does the following 2 weeks which fall on the evenings of Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
  • Options

I'm starting to think, as others already suggested, that maybe £33 is a bit steep for the majority of Team PLO8 here.

20 DYM's ran last night at £3 & £5, but not a single game ran at £10 or £15.

Anyway, time will tell.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I'm starting to think, as others already suggested, that maybe £33 is a bit steep for the majority of Team PLO8 here.

20 DYM's ran last night at £3 & £5, but not a single game ran at £10 or £15.

Anyway, time will tell.

If it were a £1k guarantee then I couldn't agree more. As is, I am not sure. As you say time will tell. For a nightly I think it would be too much but hopefully as it is weekly it can keep ticking over.

The next 2 weeks will be a real challenge though. The following 2 weeks of Sunday games probably could not be at a worse time. If it can hit the guarantee those 2 nights it would be a really positive sign.

Also curious how the Sunday NLHE games will do on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
  • Options
    ^^^

I'm not even sure it will run on New Years Eve. Xmas generally is a good time for Online Poker Traffic, but New Years Eve might be a stretch.

James will make a decision, & if I were in his shoes, it might be better to drop it that week.

Anyway, we shall see.
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited December 2017
    dear @Tikay10

i am intrigued when you say it's not your bag. i would have thought that it is almost perfect for you. i guess that the BH element changes things slightly, but are you not a high skill player who can easily make the adjustment?

yours,
    baffled.

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,339
    Sadly I can't make it this evening, other half has booked cinema tickets for the new Star Wars thing. Oh joy!

20 players will not be otherwise inconvenienced I hope.
  • Options
    Dear Mr Baffled,

"high skilled player"? I'm guessing you've not seen my results this week. Yikes.

I'm just not a fan of BH's personally, but I have no problem with those that do, good luck to them, each to their own. I played a PLO8 BH once, & most players just limped or peeled into every hand, even when sat with 5 or 6 Bigs. Ugh. That's bingo, not poker, hoping our number gets called.

I also happen to think that PLO & PLO8, including 5 & 6 card versions, are the best, & most skilled versions of poker, & they don't deserve to be messed about by mucking about with the format. It's THE most beautiful game when played traditionally.

If I could choose one job in life to do all day every day it would be a full time pro PLO or PLO8 player. But spare me the bells & whistles please, I'm a purist.

Course, it'd be handy if I could even beat the game at micro-stakes, which right now seems to be a struggle.....
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,829
    I agree with Tony on a couple of points, firstly that £33 is too steep for most of the PLO8 playing group. Secondly I for one do not like bounty hunters.
    would you get 50+ players at £11 ? or 25+ at £22 ? I do not know.
    I think the first week had a few non PLO8 players giving it a go. How many of them returned for week two I am unsure.
    I would love to see a once a month £1000 game but, although we have a nice number of ploppers here, most, are small stake players and I do not see enough people would stump up the money.
    Nick
  • Options
    gerardirlgerardirl Member Posts: 1,299
    Yeh same as you two for the BHs I played 6 or 7 plo8 mtts last week and enjoyed them when I have the time to play, and one BH, wont be playing BH mtts again for plo8. I feel I have very little edge over players in the BH's if they are plo8.
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,542
  • Options

17 runners last night, so whilst it's not exactly setting the world on fire, it is covering. Just.
  • Options

Of the 17 runners, it was noticeable to me how few of the PLO8 regulars played it.

Here's the full field - how many of these would you consider part of the regular PLO8 guys here?

beefy777

hfdbull29

Noddy99

GGjoker

Jessieak

safc71

lex907

Djinnrummy (Jen Mason)

_Mr_G_

RSPCA12

tomgoodun

pomfrittes (in on a freebie)

Conorshay1

Whizzy

Melty

Catsnap

Sidv79
  • Options

Seems to me that not many of the PLO8 regulars played it.

Why would that be?

Cost looks like the issue to me, though I'm only guessing. Some don't play because it's a BH, me included, but we are in a very small minority.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

17 runners last night, so whilst it's not exactly setting the world on fire, it is covering. Just.

Yup, it would be nice if numbers were higher but 3 guarantees hit in a row at this time of year is not too bad.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    markycash said:

Tikay10 said:

Yup, it would be nice if numbers were higher but 3 guarantees hit in a row at this time of year is not too bad.
    Is this time of year (on a Sunday) not extremely popular for online poker?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Tikay10 said:

Seems to me that not many of the PLO8 regulars played it.

Why would that be?

Cost looks like the issue to me, though I'm only guessing. Some don't play because it's a BH, me included, but we are in a very small minority.

It would be good if people could explain why they aren't playing, reminds me when we had a £22 deepstack in the schedule after lots of moaning and then lots who said they wanted deepstacks didn't play. If there was lots of people saying diff buy in or non bh would work then I am sure sky would listen. It is not like they would be upsetting large amounts of people if it was changed given it had 17 runners.
  • Options
    ^^^^

Very good post.

So come on guys, if you are a PLO8 regular & did NOT play that £33 jobbie on a Sunday, why not?

Cost? Wrong night of the week? Don't like BH's?
  • Options

Me?

I'm not a BH fan.

Also, not sure I'd want to pay £33 for ANY event that only got, say, 17 or 18 runners.