You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Reminder to Team PLO8

13»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,048
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

Of the 17 runners, it was noticeable to me how few of the PLO8 regulars played it.

Here's the full field - how many of these would you consider part of the regular PLO8 guys here?

beefy777

hfdbull29
    Noddy99
    GGjoker
    Jessieak
    safc71
    lex907
    Djinnrummy (Jen Mason)
    _Mr_G_
    RSPCA12
    tomgoodun
    pomfrittes (in on a freebie)
    Conorshay1
    Whizzy
    Melty
    Catsnap
    Sidv79

It really depends what you mean by regulars. If we are talking about PLO8 MTTs (and the biggest are 2 £5.50 daily), then safc, tomgoodun, pommy, conor, whizzy, catsnap and sidv are all regulars. That is 7 "regular PLO8 guys" (and I may have missed some)-think you are either a bit out of date or a bit harsh here, teekster.

I had the best reason for not playing-didn't have £33 in my account :(

Best I play a bit better this week....

Phil
    Well I've been careful not to criticise anyone for not playing it (I don't play it either) but my point was absolutely not to criticise them for not playing, not at all. I was simply trying to probe the reasons they never played it.

7 of the Sky Poker population of PLO8 BH MTT players is, I would say, a small %, maybe 15% or 20%?

I'm certainly not criticising them though, I'm just trying to discover WHY those 80% or 85% don't play it.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,523
    I didnt play because the dealer seems to have issues dealing the correct amount of cards.
  • Options
    loolololloloololollo Member Posts: 929
    edited December 2017
    I played the first 2 weeks, but not yesterday. There is a lot more to think about when playing PLO (imo) and decision making takes longer than in regular Hold 'em games. Due to the lack of the time bank option on Sky I sometimes find it difficult to keep up with when multitabling.

Therefore in future, if I did wish to play Omaha, I'd probably play on a different site.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,743
    I did play but I'd like to give my take on it going forward if that's ok.
    The only reason I played was because I had managed a good result in it previously and saw the numbers were lacking,
    It is out of my comfort zone buy-in wise so if it stays at this amount I prob won't be playing it much, if it was £22 I would be more inclined to play it regularly, although having said that Sunday is not my regular night for playing.
    So in summary, I just posted nonsense 😉
  • Options
    conorshay1conorshay1 Member Posts: 139
    I missed the first 2 games, have made the last 2 ,trying to show support for it, although like others have said, a bit out of my comfort zone,maybe 22 would be better, maybe 400 guarantee, enjoyable game though which am gladis being endorsed in the ukops
  • Options

I missed the first 2 games, have made the last 2 ,trying to show support for it, although like others have said, a bit out of my comfort zone,maybe 22 would be better, maybe 400 guarantee, enjoyable game though which am gladis being endorsed in the ukops

Morning @conorshay1

Hope you had a good Xmas.

I'm not being pedantic, but for the record, the UKOPS PLO8 event is a "regular" (some might say "proper") PLO8 game, NOT a Bounty Hunter.
  • Options
    conorshay1conorshay1 Member Posts: 139
    hi tikay hope your well, xmas is going well , I'm happy with either , but I do prefer non b/h so happy ,games improving so hopefully going to partake in a few this time round , see you there :)
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Tikay10 said:

I now understand that the schedules & Guarantees will remain "as is" on Xmas Eve.

However....

Xmas Day & New Years Eve schedules WILL be curtailed & amended.

So the PLO8 thing on New Years Eve MAY have a reduced Guarantee, or even not run that night.

If & when I hear, I'll let you know.

@Tikay10 - I see the £33 is on the schedule in all it's glory tonight with the £500 guarantee.

Would be nice if it had been scrapped for tonight as it is NYE. If it is a long term success then great, if not then so be it. However, I would hate to see it flounder due to getting a poor turnout on NYE...

Slim chance of me being able to play this tonight.
  • Options

^^^^

This will NOT run tonight, for obvious reasons, it's now been removed from the Lobby.

All being well it will return next Sunday.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^

This will NOT run tonight, for obvious reasons, it's now been removed from the Lobby.

All being well it will return next Sunday.

Great stuff Tikay.

Gives it a fighting chance at least :)

Happy New Year when it comes folks!