You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

On a scale from Liv Boree to Phil Helmuth, rate your happiness playing poker...

oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
edited January 2018 in Poker Chat
Rate your happiness and help fill in some blanks....

1. Liv Boree, or Orford
3.Catch22
6. JJbinks
7.Doylebrun
10.Phil Helmuth
Hendrix62}
May cheer up
stokefc }

20. Craigcu12 and Oynutter

No-one can ever be as happy as Liv Boree, except Orford, obviously, but can your general happiness help your game?

if so, can happiness improve just by thinking about it?

Comments

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,151
    At this moment in time I am somewhere between 11 and 12.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    im with jimi its been like watching Stoke for me abismal
  • Options
    CATCH-22CATCH-22 Member Posts: 270
    as i just won an mtt (a rare event ) feel like im just under Liv
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,026
    CATCH-22 said:

Many people would be happy at that thought....

PS-between 11 and 12 is known as "Jac" :)

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,151
    CATCH-22 said:

this sounds like a double win to me :wink:
  • Options
    Cheered me up a tiny bit already :| -- This might actually make a difference, believing you are happy, even if you are a miserable flopwit nutcase!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,370
    I only read as far as
    1. Liv Boree

Take a look at Liv talking poker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw2PcomuYGU
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Thanks Mumsie, Keep meaning to watch that, wow, getting happier now :)

Where are you on the scale?
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    I'd put myself at 10. I'm very much like phil helmuth get so annoyed over the bad times. I would have been 100 a couple of month ago
  • Options
    LOL, no-one could be at 100, not even you :) -- Hopefully we have turned a corner with a new year-- Good luck Craig!--- new year, new temperament eh
  • Options
    Play the 200gtd craig, would like to watch your game. gl
  • Options
    CATCH-22CATCH-22 Member Posts: 270
    plyed cople tourneys 2 night feel like im definitly slippin bit under liv now
  • Options
    Aye, you might be a bit drunk tho, not very patient in the 200grt there, might have to revise you ul mate--gl tomorrow!
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    I'm around 65 " old and grumpy " or its technical name "a Tikay " with apologies to the old wise one.
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited January 2018
    DoyleBrun said:

I'm around 65 " old and grumpy " or its technical name "a Tikay " with apologies to the old wise one.

You didn't look that grumpy when I saw you at SPT. If anyone knows an old and grumpy man it's me, I've a very good friend who's got a husband extremely grumpy and one of my previous support workers was so grumpy I called him grumpy old g...

You looked as grumpy as I Iook happy on poker
  • Options
    Hi Doyle, Did you watch the video with Liv on this page? -- The young people today! -- Did it slightly improve your happiness, or did it make you even more grumpy? --- Is there anything you could do to make you less grumpy at the tables?
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

CATCH-22 said:

Many people would be happy at that thought....

PS-between 11 and 12 is known as "Jac" :)

Hi Essexphil, where are you on the scale?
  • Options
    oynutter said:

Hi Doyle, Did you watch the video with Liv on this page? -- The young people today! -- Did it slightly improve your happiness, or did it make you even more grumpy? --- Is there anything you could do to make you less grumpy at the tables?

Watched the video pretty good, the way to make me less grumpy at the tables is LET ME WIN which does not happen enough. Serious now I am a winning player but the amount I win is very small and that is at cash, unfortunately I like tournament poker more which can be very frustrating as its not often I get near a final table or win I would say for most people this is the same. For around 97% of the time I am happy at poker the rest of the time its when poker seems to be out to get you. Craig I don't know who you saw but have not been to an SPT yet could of been Doylebruns with the s have tried to satt' to no avail yet. Well rungood you two perhaps I'm not as grumpy as I thought.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Hi Doyle, Tournament poker can be very frustrating at times, especially when we get to the latter stages, then stumble. Looking at why this happens could change your attitude to tournaments. I see from sharkscope that you make it to the cash places a good percentage of games you play, and it seems to be just a small tweak in your game in the latter stages of tournaments could totally transform your tournament games. I am very interested in finding out what you think about your play in the latter stages, when blinds get bigger, do you tighten up, loosen up, make more moves, or less? -- As I say, just a small tweak is the difference between making final tables and nearly making them, it seems you are so close to getting there. Have you tried going to the lobby and watching final tables? Go to sharkscope and see who is the best and worst players on that table, see how they differ and note their different styles.
    DoyleBrun said:

oynutter said:

• Options
    Have played a bit looser just lately won one 3rd in another and final table bubbled one in last month which is good for me even if they were mini tournaments. Have also gone out early in T's when being aggressive where before would of put brakes on, I will try and do what you say and watch someone also watching twitch at moment. With a bit of effort feel a big win is in me my big win is in the 100's cheers for the help.