You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Top 3

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,196

Fair play to Grumpy Jack @Jac35 , this is turning into a really interesting thread.

For the forum to thrive, be vibrant, & attract new blood (as it has recently) we need a constant flow of these new threads.

Never worry if you start one & it bombs - nobody notices. Start a good one & everyone remembers.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Tikay10 said:

MynaFrett said:

I had an (overly long) addition to this posted but went back in to edit a single word (really wasn't worth it) and the whole thing seems to have disappeared :s

Sorry about that Myna.

For reasons of which I can't even begin to guess, the post had moved across to the "Spam Box". I have now "released it".

I check the Spam Box, at a minimum, twice a day - 6am & 6pm - & often find a completely innocuous posts in there. The good news is that ticking "NOT SPAM" against the User's name seems to indemnify the user from future visits to the Naughty Room.

It's really puzzling what puts these random posts in Spam - I've yet to see one that had anything sinister in it.

Even weirder, in the Spam Box, where suspicious Posts are temporarily quarantined, I can see WHO wrote it, but I cannot see the Content. The only way to see the Content is to release it from the Spam Box onto the Forum.

Joseph Heller would be proud.

I think there may be a glitch in the system with regards to editing posts. I made a post a couple of days back which went up fine. Almost immediately I noticed I'd misspelled a completely innocuous word so I went back in to correct it and then the whole thing got sent straight off to quarantine.
  • Options
    ^^^^^

Yes, that looks to be the case - but I wonder why that is?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Top 3 diaries

tikay
    Lambert180
    hhamza
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    ^^^^

Methinks Mr Bates is being somewhat ironic......
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    Methinks Mr Bates is still sulking about something
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Oh Lord. What have I said, or not said, this time?
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Oh Lord. What have I said, or not said, this time?
    Not you :)
  • Options
    Top 3 Jacksons
    Michael Jackson
    Samuel L Jackson
    Janet Jackson
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Top 3 Bates:

Kathy Bates
    Norman Bates
    Master Bates
  • Options
    Top 3 Paul's on skypoker
    solack
    lambert180
    bobafett11

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,530
    The answer is probably Jeff Buckley.
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    I agree with @Tikay10, @MynaFrett - tremendous post.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,284
    MattBates said:

Top 3 Jacksons
    Michael Jackson
    Samuel L Jackson
    Janet Jackson

Harsh, you have to include Paul Jackson surely? The poker player one obviously, not our one.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,284
    You are being very cruel, would @Jac35 even get into @MattBates 'top 3 Paul Jacksons on Sky Poker' list?
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    Jac
    Enut said:

You are being very cruel, would @Jac35 even get into @MattBates 'top 3 Paul Jacksons on Sky Poker' list?

@Jac35 is Paul Jackson? as in the famous Ivey hand?
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Tikay10 said:

Did you know that @EvilPingu has an encyclopaedic knowledge of NFL? Ask him any random question about NFL generally, or a player, and you'll get 1,000 words of fascinating prose from him. If he places bets on NFL, he must make a fortune.

I wish :neutral:

I was on Kareem Hunt first TD scorer for the first few games of the season until the rookie of the year and MVP hype sent the prices through the floor.

It was a great spot - Except I was cheering for my team's biggest rivals and I won a grand total of £0.
  • Options
    EvilPingu said:

Tikay10 said:

Did you know that @EvilPingu has an encyclopaedic knowledge of NFL? Ask him any random question about NFL generally, or a player, and you'll get 1,000 words of fascinating prose from him. If he places bets on NFL, he must make a fortune.

I was on Kareem Hunt first TD scorer for the first few games of the season until the rookie of the year and MVP hype sent the prices through the floor.

It was a great spot - Except I was cheering for my team's biggest rivals and I won a grand total of £0.
    Who's gonna win Super Bowl?

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited January 2018
    Tikay10 said:

EvilPingu said:

Tikay10 said:

Who's gonna win Super Bowl?

Realistically, it's hard to bet against New England ever. They're favourites the AFC (again) and they've run good (again) because the Chiefs lost last week, so they've got a ridic soft divisional game where they're favourites by 2 touchdowns. Not sure I'll be staying up til 5am to watch that one tomorrow.

I'm hoping the Jags upset the Steelers this weekend and get a shot at the Patriots. I think the Jags are just a more fun matchup than the Steelers/Patriots for the millionth time because they're someone different, and their defense matches up better against the Pats offense schematically - The defense can stop Brady, and the Pats D will focus on shutting down Fournette, so the question then becomes whether Bortles can play well enough and score enough points to win a game 20-17 or something when he has to be the main guy.

NFC is more interesting, as I think any of the four teams have a shot. Main question for me is how Case Keenum handles the pressure of being in the playoffs. We've seen Brian Hoyer get to the playoffs (!) with the Texans and totally fall apart, and we've seen Carson Palmer's meltdown in the NFC Championship game in recent years. His defense will take some of the pressure off, and I like the guy a lot, so I'm hoping he does well. But it's anyone's guess how he copes with playoff pressure tbh.

I think the Falcons probably beat the Eagles without Carson Wentz. Foles is a decent backup to have but 4/6 Falcons looks a bit on the long side to me this weekend.

IMO: Superbowl will be Patriots/Vikings. Sorry for being that guy who tips the favourite lol. Although in keeping with the "Top 3" theme of the thread, my top 3 most wanted Superbowls this year would be:

1) Jags v Vikings. Hard to cheer against either team this year, neither team has won a Superbowl before, two of the best defenses in the game, and the Vikings playing a Superbowl at home too would be fun. If the Jags make the Superbowl, they have to beat the Pats and Steelers to get there. Two feel good stories but ultimately one has to triumph over the other. Risk of being like the Bills game in the wildcard round where it feels like 14-17 points will win the game, so probably not as fun for the neutrals, but I like good defense.

2) Patriots v Falcons. 28-3 rematch :D

3) Jags v Saints. Brees/Ingram/Kamara vs that defense. Yes please :D I nearly picked Pats/Saints instead for the QB matchup here. I'd be happy with either.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Excellent write up Andy, enjoyed reading that.

I've had a few bets at varying prices for Vikings to win Super Bowl, & also for them to win the NFC.

Not from my knowledge, I should add - the bets were suggested on the basis of "value" by Mr Ambo.