You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Manchester - Live Update

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    DollieDollie Member Posts: 706
    A great weekend, always nice to meet up with "old" and "new" faces. Thanks to Sky team and the venue for putting on such a good "show". Congrats to all who cashed, especially Rose and Malcolm.
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    Congrats to rose and all who cashed thank you Tikay for all your hard work time for you to rest for a while xxx
  • Options
    j3onoj3ono Member Posts: 2,072
    Wp all the runner and rides, everyone that cashed :)
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Well played Rose you did TPT proud well done everyone I'm sure you all had a great time, special well done to Bad Jumper Man sorry don't know your real name I'm sure if we meet I'll say hello Mr. Bad Jumper. When it comes to Nottingham if I don't Satt in I will buy in sod it we'll live on baked beans just for one month, well done Tikay and the Sky team excellent coverage tell the "Bell End" you want a week off to recover.
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    This SPT was great, I might have had a poor time in the tournament and on cash tables but the social side of the SPt made up for than massively. I look forward to the SPT nottingham

A very well done to those who cashed out in the SPT
  • Options
    mildsteal0mildsteal0 Member Posts: 45
    Well what can I say had a fantastic weekend in Manchester for us poker players dreaming of hitting it big in a comp this was living the dream
    A massive thanks to all the sky poker team for all they did must have been a long weekend for them with 3long days of poker for them to sort out although markhad the best of it reaching final table
    thanks to doug the tourney director and all the staff for all there help even though when I asked when playing heads up can we skip this level because with the blinds40k_80k and 800 ante it was hard work to keep sorting out every hand when online you just click a button its
    much easier he had never been asked that before
    great to see sky poker players and put faces to there screen names Irishrose was great on final table kept saying iam having the time of my life and what am I doing here
    also a big thanks to my mate Adam Thomas who came down when it got near the end just to talk tac-tics although most poker players know it it was good to hear from a friend
    well hope to see you at Nottingham if I qualify online back to work tomorrow dreaming of another big win
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    IrishRose said:

Just wanted to post a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you for the awesome weekend in Manchester and the FANTASTIC rail on here. Had such a great time in Manchester even before cashing in the tournament - but must admit the cash was not unwelcome :blush:

If anyone has never played a Sky SPT game before - please put it on your bucket list - they're truely a live poker game like no others. How poor Tikay is still standing after all the hard work they put into the SPT I have no idea - he has much more energy than I do (must be those lattes!).

Might be a bit sleepy this evening due to lack of sleep so easy chips on offer for those of you on any tables I might be playing.

IrishRose said:

Just wanted to post a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you for the awesome weekend in Manchester and the FANTASTIC rail on here. Had such a great time in Manchester even before cashing in the tournament - but must admit the cash was not unwelcome :blush:

If anyone has never played a Sky SPT game before - please put it on your bucket list - they're truely a live poker game like no others. How poor Tikay is still standing after all the hard work they put into the SPT I have no idea - he has much more energy than I do (must be those lattes!).

Might be a bit sleepy this evening due to lack of sleep so easy chips on offer for those of you on any tables I might be playing.

IrishRose said:

Well what can I say had a fantastic weekend in Manchester for us poker players dreaming of hitting it big in a comp this was living the dream
    A massive thanks to all the sky poker team for all they did must have been a long weekend for them with 3long days of poker for them to sort out although markhad the best of it reaching final table
    thanks to doug the tourney director and all the staff for all there help even though when I asked when playing heads up can we skip this level because with the blinds40k_80k and 800 ante it was hard work to keep sorting out every hand when online you just click a button its
    much easier he had never been asked that before
    great to see sky poker players and put faces to there screen names Irishrose was great on final table kept saying iam having the time of my life and what am I doing here
    also a big thanks to my mate Adam Thomas who came down when it got near the end just to talk tac-tics although most poker players know it it was good to hear from a friend
    well hope to see you at Nottingham if I qualify online back to work tomorrow dreaming of another big win

Great play blue and roseeeee, especially!

Thanks TK to you and the team for another great tourney! Already making plans for Nigel, sorrry next one!

MP

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171

Hi Malcolm,

Congrats on a wonderful result. You could have played for another 2 days & still not won, I fancy, as Bad Jumper - who is a smashing bloke, really good fun - had his name on this one. It just happens that way sometimes.

Just a word on this;

with the blinds40k_80k and 800 ante it was hard work to keep sorting out every hand

I was a bit pre-occupied running back & forth & struggling to keep pace with reporting the bust-outs, but if I had the time & had noticed - I did not - I would have told the Dealer/TD/Doug that when Heads Up in these things, Antes are abolished.

Might be worth knowing for the next time you get HU "live".
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    TK, please thank all of the team for another well organised and fun event!

2nd tourney for me and meeting names, Irishrose,DarkA, LMFAOallin and many more made it even more fun!,,

Roll on the next one....

MP
  • Options
    madprof said:

TK, please thank all of the team for another well organised and fun event!

2nd tourney for me and meeting names, Irishrose,DarkA, LMFAOallin and many more made it even more fun!,,

Roll on the next one....

MP

Thanks Prof, & yes, I'll pass that on. In fact, I already did, when I spoke (written spoke....) with Sam, aka Mr B End this morning.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    just caught up , fantastic updates well done all
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    Just wanted to post on here a huge thank you to Tikay and the team, Doug the card room manager and all the members of the Sky Forum who attended and made it such a great occassion. For a full update on the weekend see my thread.
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited February 2018
    Fantastic turn out as always. Well done to all the sky team for keeping everyone's spirits going through the long 3 days. Well done to everyone who cashed especially Rose. Wont go into what was said but I knew she would cash. Was nice to meet everyone again and to meet new faces such as AKAscotty, mildsteal and trebor69 even though didnt know it was them at the time. Awesome event again hosted by Doug and the dealers
    Thanks once again for making me feel so welcome and part of the family, which I will always class as my 1st family. For Rspca12 for being the baller that he is, travelling back from cashing in the millions in Germany to jump straight into the SPT and everyone else who made this weekend so fun and special. Congratulations to you all, as without everyone's support and smashing the guarantee there wouldn't be any SPTs. Love to you all. D.Angel xx
  • Options

Fantastic turn out as always. Well done to all the sky team for keeping everyone's spirits going through the long 3 days. Well done to everyone who cashed especially Rose. Wont go into what was said but I knew she would cash. Was nice to meet everyone again and to meet new faces such as scotty77, mildsteal and trebor69 even though didnt know it was them at the time. Awesome event again hosted by Doug and the dealers
    Thanks once again for making me feel so welcome and part of the family, which I will always class as my 1st family. For Rspca12 for being the baller that he is, travelling back from cashing in the millions in Germany to jump straight into the SPT and everyone else who made this weekend so fun and special. Congratulations to you all, as without everyone's support and smashing the guarantee there wouldn't be any SPTs. Love to you all. D.Angel xx

Nice Post, Donna.

Just in case anyone gets confused, it was not @scotty77, I'm assuming it was @AKAscotty you were thinking of.
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    @68Trebor was at your table on bubble...so pleased to see you go deep, played a great game, thought Doug was top class and all his team, and the sky team.
    Not too pleased to see some players sitting at tables wearing other players sky name
    patches, they may have thought it a bit of fun, but in my opinion its not in the spirit of Sky. Once again well done everyone that cashed....and just all that managed to attend and make it such a great weekend.
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    Tikay10 said:

Fantastic turn out as always. Well done to all the sky team for keeping everyone's spirits going through the long 3 days. Well done to everyone who cashed especially Rose. Wont go into what was said but I knew she would cash. Was nice to meet everyone again and to meet new faces such as scotty77, mildsteal and trebor69 even though didnt know it was them at the time. Awesome event again hosted by Doug and the dealers

Nice Post, Donna.

Just in case anyone gets confused, it was not @scotty77, I'm assuming it was @AKAscotty you were thinking of.
    Yep meant AKAscotty so have amended my post, knew it was scotty something. Hope you get some rest @Tikay10 you deserve it.