You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

is poker a fix online

goldfish81goldfish81 Member Posts: 4
the reason i ask this is in the past week the river card as killed me in the game as i am speaking i had ak suited went all in preflop was called by a player with 45 and hits a four on the river this has happend a few times now in the last week the players who call dont even speake whithch leads me to belive they are commputerized players added to the tables please can i hear your comments on this ty

Comments

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    I really need to stop reading poker forums. It's depressing.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    What comments would you like?
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Hi gf, it's very frustrating when we have the best hand and someone rivers us, but these things happen a lot in poker.

It's not fixed, just part of the game.

The vast majority of players don't chat in the chat box.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462

the reason i ask this is in the past week the river card as killed me in the game as i am speaking i had ak suited went all in preflop was called by a player with 45 and hits a four on the river this has happend a few times now in the last week

Variance is a thing. It keeps bad players coming back because they still win (in the short term) some of the time. Be grateful for it, because in the long term, if you keep getting AK in against 54 preflop, you'll win a lot of money.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    ^^^^^^^

But what about Goldfishes AK?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171
    edited March 2018
    ^^^^^

POTY contender by The Pingu
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,541
    Please don't ridicule newbie's they put their money in and entitled to question r.n.g. if they lose. If you think the Tax man is cheating you would you question it.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    goldon said:

Please don't ridicule newbie's they put their money in and entitled to question r.n.g. if they lose. If you think the Tax man is cheating you would you question it.

The op hasn’t been ridiculed, Pingu made an excellent post highlighting all the common factors.
    Questioning the r.n.g. just highlights a persons failings, it isn’t the same as the tax man “ cheating you” Tax is paid as a percentage of earnings ( income tax), r.n.g is a random number generator, if you could explain what they have in common please could you enlighten me, in legible English language.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    please could you enlighten me, in legible English language.

Yes, some players like Larson answer constructively may=be you could .
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    goldon said:

please could you enlighten me, in legible English language.

Yes, some players like Larson answer constructively may=be you could .

So others need to respond in legible language but you can spout random stuff?
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    Some regs are chatbox warriors

cpfc_2010: nh
    02:01MattBates: you sir, have been Batesed
    cpfc_2010: lololol
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    edited March 2018
    You have to play a lot of hands before variance is evened out and we all have a bad beat memory which makes us think we only have bad luck, check out your hand history I am sure you have won hands when the odds were against you. When I first started playing I was absolutely convinced AA did not win 80% of the time against lower pairs so to prove it for 2 or 3 weeks every time I saw AA win I made a note and when a lower pair beat AA I made a note. Looked at the results and guess what AA only won about 80% of the time, what I have found is the more you learn and practice the luckier you get keep at it don't play for silly amounts use bankroll management keep learning and you will have an enjoyable past time that just maybe will make you some money not many hobbies/past times give you that.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

goldon said:

The op hasn’t been ridiculed, Pingu made an excellent post highlighting all the common factors.
    Questioning the r.n.g. just highlights a persons failings, it isn’t the same as the tax man “ cheating you” Tax is paid as a percentage of earnings ( income tax), r.n.g is a random number generator, if you could explain what they have in common please could you enlighten me, in legible English language.
    He said , She said, by now O.P probably run away to blow his brains out.

We'll keep a welcome on the Forum.

I can't give advice to newbie players (on how to play) as I play for fun, not reward. I'm the guy with 45 allin call any two anytime, so wouldn't want my advice. However he wont want negative comments or ridicule either. He's not the first with this sort of post nor will he be the last so reason I asked for sticky in beats&brag with all the positive posts to refer this type of poster to ,save all the negative comments they get now. I don't care if you like my comments I've been here long enough to know who the good guys are and ask them to support new disillusioned players coming on here with this type of question. fwiw
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    goldon said:

tomgoodun said:

goldon said:

I can't give advice to newbie players (on how to play) as I play for fun, not reward. I'm the guy with 45 allin call any two anytime, so wouldn't want my advice. However he wont want negative comments or ridicule either. He's not the first with this sort of post nor will he be the last so reason I asked for sticky in beats&brag with all the positive posts to refer this type of poster to ,save all the negative comments they get now. I don't care if you like my comments I've been here long enough to know who the good guys are and ask them to support new disillusioned players coming on here with this type of question. fwiw
    Goldon, the saviour of Sky Poker

• Options
    marlsssmarlsss Member Posts: 26
    Just part of the game Goldfish81

AK will crack KK, QQ will crack AA and so on.It can be frustrating but it evens itself out eventually. Hang in there

On the chat part i wouldnt read too much into it, can be hard to keep up with the play and chat
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    goldon said:

tomgoodun said:

goldon said:

Who in your world is a “ Good Guy” ? The ones who question the rng cos they suffered a bad beat? Or the ones who try to explain what variance is? Do you acknowledge variance? You don’t need to play for money winnings to offer advice on that topic, you seem content with stirring the pot every time this “riggged” nonsense crops up, perhaps as a “ person who has been here a long time” you could explaining n the rng isn’t at fault , or do you think it actually is?
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited March 2018
    tomgoodun said:

Who in your world is a “ Good Guy” ? The ones who question the rng cos they suffered a bad beat? Or the ones who try to explain what variance is? Do you acknowledge variance? You don’t need to play for money winnings to offer advice on that topic, you seem content with stirring the pot every time this “riggged” nonsense crops up, perhaps as a “ person who has been here a long time” you could explaining n the rng isn’t at fault , or do you think it actually is?

Don't spend the energy, Tom. It's pointless.

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    Hey goldfish

Come and join our tables- we talk rubbish, occasionally wind up but don't diss anyone, have a good laugh and as a relativenewbie myself, enjoy the chat as much as the game and wouldn't have met such nice peeps at Brighton/Manchester without it...Hanson, Misty, IrishRose,Sidv79, EssexPhil to name but a few.... The only robots I've encountered is the repetive, precision like elbow movement when beer is in the vicinity...join us and at least you'll enjoy it when you just get what we all get at times; bad beats
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Id say yes. I play poker online to get my fix!