You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Micro Madness Promotion

Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
Good Morning,

I wanted to post our official line on the Micro Madness promotion after a couple of discussions yesterday about it.

Firstly I appreciate that the actions of some, left some others at a disadvantage. This can be put down to an oversight on our part when planning the promotion. It appears that the draw of the prize has made it attractive enough for people to use any means to get an advantage. For that I apologise.

After a review yesterday it became clear that the actions being taken to gain an advantage in this promotion were not only detrimental to others in the promotion but also to the games on the site. We therefore have stepped in issued warnings to those involved. I acknowledge that some of you will say we should have done this earlier, or from the start but the fact is that we didn't expect these actions to be taken.

All points up until the warnings were issued will stand but any further play along these lines will result in the players being removed from the promotion and potentially having their account closed.

Comments

• Options
    BigHawk89BigHawk89 Member Posts: 627
    I think it's a pretty weak stance. The players in question are already way in front on the leaderboard which is unfair to other players who have been putting long hours and not using "grey" areas. I think banning these players would be too harsh but I think they should have been removed from this week's leaderboard. This would also put off people in future trying to take an unfair advantage in promos.
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    I don't know what's happened. Can someone tell me please, so that I don't do it.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    SR23 said:

I don't know what's happened. Can someone tell me please, so that I don't do it.

Go away & have a cold shower.

PS - welcome back. Where you been?
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    So will the jump start promo be coming back in play now?
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Tikay10 said:

SR23 said:

How did you know I have cold showers? Don't think I've mentioned it...

I've been away partying. Stayed up pretty much all weekend, felt rough as houses on Monday morning, turned the cold tap on the shower all the way up and...well, you can probably guess the rest but the roughness evaporated.
  • Options
    SR23 said:

Tikay10 said:

SR23 said:

How did you know I have cold showers?
    Don't think I've mentioned it...

I've been away partying. Stayed up pretty much all weekend, felt rough as houses on Monday morning, turned the cold tap on the shower all the way up and...well, you can probably guess the rest but the roughness evaporated.

Back in the day, you used to keep a Diary.

Was rad, too.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

So will the jump start promo be coming back in play now?

Good question.

It has not been reinstated yet, but is being considered. It's quite possible.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    BigHawk89 said:

I think it's a pretty weak stance. The players in question are already way in front on the leaderboard which is unfair to other players who have been putting long hours and not using "grey" areas. I think banning these players would be too harsh but I think they should have been removed from this week's leaderboard. This would also put off people in future trying to take an unfair advantage in promos.

Interesting view.

I've been away visiting , so not been in a position to play .

I'll be back home in a few hours and in a position to put some volume in as im off work till Monday.

I'll probably still have a crack at accumulating some points, but it's definitely unfortunate how this whole episode has panned out through nobodies fault really, it's very awkward for sky who want to do things fairly, shame.
  • Options
    marlsssmarlsss Member Posts: 26
    Sky_SamT said:

Good Morning,

I wanted to post our official line on the Micro Madness promotion after a couple of discussions yesterday about it.

Firstly I appreciate that the actions of some, left some others at a disadvantage. This can be put down to an oversight on our part when planning the promotion. It appears that the draw of the prize has made it attractive enough for people to use any means to get an advantage. For that I apologise.

After a review yesterday it became clear that the actions being taken to gain an advantage in this promotion were not only detrimental to others in the promotion but also to the games on the site. We therefore have stepped in issued warnings to those involved. I acknowledge that some of you will say we should have done this earlier, or from the start but the fact is that we didn't expect these actions to be taken.

All points up until the warnings were issued will stand but any further play along these lines will result in the players being removed from the promotion and potentially having their account closed.

Great to see appropriate action has been taken to put an end to this happening in the future.With these actions now in place any future offending players have the threat of their accounts being closed.Will the Jump Start bonus now be reinstated?
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    This all leaves a bad taste/smell - especially given the strength of community and given sky poker is primarily aimed at recreational players - I've seen the pluses and minuses of certain cliques in poker - how can we be assured there are no other player collaborative edges been taken here on site? I've always assumed and indeed applauded the integrity of site especially under excellent leadership of Tikay - and besides they would never risk anything untoward given the overall brand and Sky's Poker's relative small piece of pie and I've used all these arguments to defend Sky Poker when we get the usual nonsense...however the players, and it would only need to be a tiny minority as with all issues, COULD be a different case...as I said, this all leaves a bit of a stink
  • Options
    TheMadMonkTheMadMonk Member Posts: 291
    Was it sky who picked up on this happening, ?
    Or was it only discovered after being reported by players?
  • Options
    LnarinOOLnarinOO Member Posts: 545
    very poor imo that sky would allow this to happen and not ban those who have cheated..I also noticed blatant cheating in the first week and now not surprised its impossible for anyone trying to do things properly wont get close to the top.. after investing so much time and effort to take part in the leagues i feel let down by sky and their decisions. I had planned myself to go for top spot but as things are so unfair will not continue to play the league. good luck to anyone trying to compete fairly.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    I too am a little disappointed with how this has been handled by Sky. Although it is not collusion in the traditional sense, it could certainly be deemed as 'promotion collusion', which is bang out of order and certainly not something that Sky themselves would have wanted to see happen, let alone those honest players who were giving this a go in the correct manner.

The terms and conditions of the Micro Madness promo contain the following clause:

25. Sky Poker reserve the right to remove any customers who we deem are abusing the spirit of the promotion. Sky Poker management decisions on this are final.

This team play is a clear violation of the above clause and it would have been preferable to see Sky send out a stronger message by excluding those responsible for such actions. They certainly had clear grounds for taking such measures in my opinion.

Moving forward, I think it would be good to see Sky clearly add a clause about 'team play' to future promotions of this nature. I also believe this could and should be amended in the T & C's of those already running.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited April 2018

I too am a little disappointed with how this has been handled by Sky. Although it is not collusion in the traditional sense, it could certainly be deemed as 'promotion collusion', which is bang out of order and certainly not something that Sky themselves would have wanted to see happen, let alone those honest players who were giving this a go in the correct manner.

The terms and conditions of the Micro Madness promo contain the following clause:

25. Sky Poker reserve the right to remove any customers who we deem are abusing the spirit of the promotion. Sky Poker management decisions on this are final.

This team play is a clear violation of the above clause and it would have been preferable to see Sky send out a stronger message by excluding those responsible for such actions. They certainly had clear grounds for taking such measures in my opinion.

Moving forward, I think it would be good to see Sky clearly add a clause about 'team play' to future promotions of this nature. I also believe this could and should be amended in the T & C's of those already running.

Could be wrong but I think that part has just been added to the T&Cs.

I think parts of 15.1 and 15.2 probably provided Sky with the scope to act if they had wanted to.
  • Options
    bb8888bb8888 Member Posts: 1

Without doubt it was an 'angle' by the offending players who have not broken any rules
    but looked to take advantage of Sky's TOS.

All poker players look for value and to think out of the box to gain an edge. It's just personal integrity and ethics which separate 'scummy' tactics and smart ethical tactics.

Sky's response has been lack luster and doesn't discourage future attempted angling in
    promotions.

I feel sorry for the players who have grinded 12hrs+ 7 days a week who in normal
    circumstances would of had a fair/good chance of being at the top of the leaderboard.

If the offending players are truly remorseful then they should discontinue this weeks
    promotion and attempt Week 3 leaderboard on a level playing field.

*disclaimer I am not involved in leaderboard 1 race at all so it's not sour grapes.

My personal opinion is that if the same events occurred on Pstars or Ppoker the resolution would be more satisfactory.

Sky is effectively punishing players who play by the rules and not even giving a tickle on the wrist to the offenders

• Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    edited April 2018
    Once again I apologise for the fact that our decision was never going to please everybody. It was a situation where it was impossible to do so.

From the outset we did not expect people to angle at the promotion in the way they did. That is our oversight and we have to live with the consequences of that. These players did not break the rules of the promotion or our general terms and conditions. It is therefore difficult for us to punish their actions by removing them from the promotion.

We have learnt a lesson about the set up and rules of our promotions from here on. It is a great shame if this episode has put people off participating in such promotions, especially when the end prize is such a good one.
  • Options
    RyanC7RyanC7 Member Posts: 355
    Corrr.. I see your dilemma. I agree that you can’t please everybody and that this is such a tough decision.

Displease 2 cheaters, or displease 500+ loyal customers. Corrrr tricky decision criteria.

Flip a coin?
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Who you classing as the 2 cheaters? Their must be 4 if we was wanting them removed?