You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** MAY 2018 NAPS THREAD **

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    edited May 2018
    I think it's a very tough decision, (very much 50/50) 'coz even the 6th race is quite open despite it being a small field.

In the 1st race A MOMENTOFMADNESS (drawn 1 too) and EL ASTRONAUTE (drawn 9) are 2 of the fastest breaking horses I've seen, and both trainers are in fantastic form. I will be napping EL ASTRONAUTE whatever despite the draw, as he stayed on very well at Pontefract (very stiff 5furlong) and think he will last home better. But there are 3 or 4 others incl. the 2 Tom Dascombe horses that are drawn well too.

I think it is do-able, especially with the form of you & the Team, :) but may take quite a few perms, and certainly a few quid. :/

GOOD LUCK if you do go for it

EDIT:.....took me at least 30mins to compose LOL :D
  • Options
    As per the above post......

1.50: EL ASTRONAUTE

(on sheet)
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    Cheers for the reply Mist. I'm going to leave it as a NO-GO.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4fW3INzu1z_Sb9zlPKZBG0B1uuui935_8hQYp-3NWc/edit#gid=0

Here's the link all. Column L:

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    I am out all day tomorrow at the Malvern Spring flower show.
    Will make my selections tonight.
    Came very close today.
    I think it is doable.
    Probably wait for it to build up.
    Always shocks in these early days.
    Good luck for tomorrow.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,316
    well done everybody who had a good day
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,316
    3.00 ANOTHER BATT on sheet

Now this will win

1.50 Taverner
  • Options
    mkgunnermkgunner Member Posts: 3,032
    3.35: DURETTO

on sheet
  • Options
    4.35:GHOST WATCH
    ON SHEET
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    wynne1938 said:

ON SHEET

Hi Wynne.

There was a problem when you entered your selection that caused the formatting to go wrong. (The size of your row becomes double everyone else's)

I managed to fix it last time it happened, but it took a long time to find the problem.

I will try and fix it again, however going forward can you be cautious of this as it is causing me a lot of work.

Obviously we all have update access to the sheet, so we need to be mindful to not corrupt the data, formulas or formatting.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    OK, I have had to "re-build" your row Wynne. Hopefully I haven't corrupted any data in the process. Also, just a small thing, you know me and my OCD, please can you make sure there is a space between the colon and the name of the horse.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    MISTY4ME said:

(on sheet)

I do like this horse Mist, but following on from your earlier post, it's the draw that concerns me. IF he breaks well and gets to the rail in front without expending too much energy, and Jason Hart gets the fractions right, then he'd have a great chance. There'll be others trying to do the same, so it's a big IF though imo.

Clearly goes well at the track, and ran well at Pontefract last time out. But was drawn 1 when winning this last year. Inside draw and he'd be my selection too.

GL!
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

wynne1938 said:

ON SHEET

Hi Wynne.

There was a problem when you entered your selection that caused the formatting to go wrong. (The size of your row becomes double everyone else's)

I managed to fix it last time it happened, but it took a long time to find the problem.

I will try and fix it again, however going forward can you be cautious of this as it is causing me a lot of work.

Obviously we all have update access to the sheet, so we need to be mindful to not corrupt the data, formulas or formatting.

Cheers,

G
    Sorry, I am not sure how this occurs.
    I know I made an error on my entry,then deleted it and made a reentry which caused the double row.
  • Options
    SnufferSnuffer Member Posts: 3,057
    4.05: YNYS MON - On Sheet
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

MISTY4ME said:

(on sheet)

I do like this horse Mist, but following on from your earlier post, it's the draw that concerns me. IF he breaks well and gets to the rail in front without expending too much energy, and Jason Hart gets the fractions right, then he'd have a great chance. There'll be others trying to do the same, so it's a big IF though imo.

Clearly goes well at the track, and ran well at Pontefract last time out. But was drawn 1 when winning this last year. Inside draw and he'd be my selection too.

GL!
    EL ASTRONAUTE always breaks very fast and even though he is in 9, I can see him being alongside or just behind A MOMENTOFMADNESS after 50 yards (hopefully) Nice to see DOCTOR SARDONICUS in stall 2 is a NR as well :) .... though price is suffering :/

I really like JOHN QUINN as a trainer (esp. when his horses are in form) so I've followed
    EL ASTRONAUTE for a couple of Seasons now.

GOOD LUCK TODAY B)
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    4.05: YNYS MON (ON SHEET).
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    3.35: DANEHILL KODIAC - ON SHEET
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    4.05: Lady Kinsale

On sheet
  • Options
    4.05: YNYS MON (On Sheet)
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

StayOrGo said:

wynne1938 said:

ON SHEET

Hi Wynne.

Cheers,

G
    Sorry, I am not sure how this occurs.
    I know I made an error on my entry,then deleted it and made a reentry which caused the double row.
    Perhaps if you make a mistake, use the backspace button and remove the characters one at a time, rather than the delete key to amend?
  • Options
    vaigret said:

3.00 ANOTHER BATT on sheet

Now this will win

1.50 Taverner

Nice one V, picked the right one of your choices this time. :=)