You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

this site is **** fixed

bogeyman75bogeyman75 Member Posts: 2
edited December 2021 in Strategy

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,201
    Actually it isn't you have a great day now.

Yours in poker
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462

I need one of these signs, can someone send me some money on Paypal so I can buy some cardboard please?
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,169

m,

These internet abbreviations are becoming increasingly difficult to understand :#
  • Options
    eagleeyezzeagleeyezz Member Posts: 8
    I'm starting to feel the same as bogeyman75! This last 7or 8 days ive lost on the river card 90% of my hands, why is this? I have led either flop or pre flop and nearly every time ive led all the way to the river and then BOOM I get beat on the last card. I'm talking about having a straight and they hit a full house or flush or I have a full house and they hit a higher one or 4 of a kind. Its not a problem getting beat but nearly always on the river is getting really hard to take! Sky you should look into this because I'm not exaggerating.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,037
    2 quick points.

1. It is natural to remember the bad beats and forget the suckouts. No-one loses to the river card 90% of the time. We all have times when it feels like it.

2. The **** in the thread title-is it "finally"? :)
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

I'm starting to feel the same as bogeyman75! This last 7or 8 days ive lost on the river card 90% of my hands, why is this? I have led either flop or pre flop and nearly every time ive led all the way to the river and then BOOM I get beat on the last card. I'm talking about having a straight and they hit a full house or flush or I have a full house and they hit a higher one or 4 of a kind. Its not a problem getting beat but nearly always on the river is getting really hard to take! Sky you should look into this because I'm not exaggerating.

Hi Bogeyman75
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,523
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,727
    edited July 2018

Hi @eagleeyezz

Not exaggerating? I bet you are.......

First up, mathematically, if you have, say, 2-2 v villain's A-K, for every card that falls on the board, the chances of your hand remaining ahead reduce. It's simple maths.

So many players pluck this figure out of the air, & it's almost always either 90% or 99%. I'm inclined to believe this is not true. "Quite often", yes, 90%, no. It's the way our mind works. We remember the painful beats & forget the occasions when we outdraw others. We just do, it's human nature. And sometimes it's because we play the hand badly. If we check it down because the board looks scary, then of course our chances of holding lessen. Whereas if we bet, we protect our vulnerable hand.

You say you "lost 90% of your hands on the river" the last 7 or 8 days.

Here's the deal then - produce the evidence - hand numbers or Tournament names & dates - & I'll ask the Office to check if you are correct. And if you are, I'll arrange a Free MTT Entry for you. And if you are wrong, you have to post some Hand Histories, & I'll ask some of the better players to review how you played the hand so that you can improve your game.

Can't say fairer than that.

I can say it's definitely - I almost wrote "90% sure".......... - NOT anything to do with the RNG or the software. It's just how poker works.

You might also try playing PLO, or even 5 card PLO, where the best hand pre-flop is meaningless really. In PLO, for example, we can flop the absolute nuts, but the correct play is to fold to any bet. Could you do that?

As someone who has played poker (badly) for a very long time, I completely understand your frustration by the way. However, finger pointing, or blaming the site, won't help us one bit. We have to 1) learn to understand better how poker works, & 2) try to improve how we play. Use the Forum to do both, lots of helpful folk here. Just coming on here & saying "90% of my hands lose on the river" is not going to help because it's not true, & all it does is open you up to cruel jibes.

Come on, work with us & we'll help improve your understanding of poker, & how you can play it better.

Over to you.

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    TK, I've told you a million times..stop exaggerating the math!
  • Options
    HUTCH_121HUTCH_121 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, dont post on here very often, though allways read threads with interest, so here goes, Anyone who thinks poker on the internet is fixed simply has not played enough live poker.
  • Options
    HUTCH_121 said:

Hi, dont post on here very often, though allways read threads with interest, so here goes, Anyone who thinks poker on the internet is fixed simply has not played enough live poker.

Hi @HUTCH_121

Almost certainly true.

• Options
    j3onoj3ono Member Posts: 2,072
    Must be true I won an mtt last night :blush:
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    Well it's definitely possible (particularly if you've played as much poker as I have) to (over a small sample size) go behind on the river 90% of the time. Of course a lot depends on how many outs the opponent had too - if they had lots of outs, then there's a chance of this but if they didn't have many outs then it's highly improbable even over a short sample size to be losing on the river 90% of the time.

But yeah, whatever the % of you losing on the river it's just variance. I've had some brutal variance in PLO over the years I've played it where I have ended up losing flips (or slightly ahead) scenarios 90% of the time. But then I've also had times where it feels like I'm winning those spots 90% of the time. That's just poker, and variance.
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Have said it before will say it again when I first started playing poker I kept seeing AA get cracked all the time and was convinced it did not win 80% of the time so for the next two weeks wrote down if they won or lost when I saw them at showdown. Guess what AA won around 80% of the time I know its frustrating when your rivered but it happens, work on your game learn the odds of different hands and your "luck" will change.
  • Options

Well it's definitely possible (particularly if you've played as much poker as I have) to (over a small sample size) go behind on the river 90% of the time. Of course a lot depends on how many outs the opponent had too - if they had lots of outs, then there's a chance of this but if they didn't have many outs then it's highly improbable even over a short sample size to be losing on the river 90% of the time.

But yeah, whatever the % of you losing on the river it's just variance. I've had some brutal variance in PLO over the years I've played it where I have ended up losing flips (or slightly ahead) scenarios 90% of the time. But then I've also had times where it feels like I'm winning those spots 90% of the time. That's just poker, and variance.

They never remember those times though. Just the downside, never the upside.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,523
    Why would you complain if you're on the up side................ Oh! Dear keep winning again getting fed up with it. ! This site is fixed. Venting is permitted .... if not .... its fixed.
  • Options
    VasigilVasigil Member Posts: 14
    The ones making the money are the poker websites. Why do you think they're outside any decent jurisdiction? Anyone remember, Absolute Poker? and Ultimate Bet? Oh and that other one where the bosses started taking the players money which was deposited and started buying supercars and going on cocaine and call girl benders? Snorting lines off the **** and tities of really hot women?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,376
    Vasigil said:

The ones making the money are the poker websites. Why do you think they're outside any decent jurisdiction? Anyone remember, Absolute Poker? and Ultimate Bet? Oh and that other one where the bosses started taking the players money which was deposited and started buying supercars and going on cocaine and call girl benders? Snorting lines off the **** and tities of really hot women?

And the not so hot women got some fun eventually by dying their hair blonde.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,169
    You learn something every day on this forum. Poker businesses (websites) make money. I always thought all these businesses ran at a loss, offering their services just for the love of it.
    I'm in shock.