You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

NFL 2018 thread

13»

Comments

• MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,299
    ruddy **** - More cheerleaders than players and how come no-one sings the national anthem

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,665

Shamelessly stolen from another Forum, but this is extraordinary;

Quarterbacks 25 and under are 1-42 all-time in regular season games played in Gillette Stadium.

The only one to win? Kapernick 2012

meanwhile

The Redskins are 1-1 in their last 2 games, 2-2 in their last 4 and 3-3 in their last 6.

They're 5-5 in their last 10, 6-6 in their last 12, 7-7 in their last 14.

They're 10-10 in their last 20.

They're 16-16-1 in their last 33.

They're 18-18-1 in their last 37.
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Tikay10 said:

MP33 said:

ps - i thought with it raining and been slippy they might not score as many goals/touchdowns but i,m sure the bookies have already factored that into there prices

Best to ask @EvilPingu but if I were betting I'd take the Overs. You want the line to be no more than 50.5 though.

Rain is not a problem, it's wind that lowers the scoring probability, & the Raiders have a shocking defence.

But ignore me, @EvilPingu is your man. Or Ambo.
    Missed this, haven't logged in for a few days :\

Rain is negligible unless it gets to being waterlogged generally. Been bitten way too many times backing unders because there's a light shower, usually thinking I'm a genius when the bookies already dropped the line accordingly only for it to make next to no difference anyway.

It probably affects kicking more than anything. Kickers tend to lose a few yards if they can't get the same acceleration in their run up or the same confidence in planting their standing foot.

Once you get to the point where the footballs become slick and the QB struggles to grip while throwing the football, that's when rain starts to really affect the points line. NFL QBs do practice throwing with a wet ball and will have probs had some experience at some point growing up too, but it does make a difference regardless. Good luck throwing a ball 50 yards down the field with the same accuracy when the ball is wet, if you can still throw the ball 50 yards to begin with.

+1 to our 'D' being absolutely shocking btw :( Although I'm definitely signing myself up to the Arden Key fan club.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,665

Some sort of record, @EvilPingu?

LA Rams 54-51 Kansas City Chiefs

Is spread betting on points still available on NFL? If so, under backers must have had a mare.
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Tikay10 said:

Some sort of record, @EvilPingu?

LA Rams 54-51 Kansas City Chiefs

Is spread betting on points still available on NFL? If so, under backers must have had a mare.

- Most points by a losing team (Previous was 49, the Saints and Giants played out a 52-49 game a few years back with a last second FG to win it for the Saints.
    - Most points on Monday Night Football
    - 3rd highest scoring game of all time with 105 total points. The two above it on that list are a 58-48 game between the Bengals and Browns in 2004, and a 72-41 game between between the Redskins and Giants in 1966. Interesting fact about the Giants/Redskins game: The kickers on either side, Charlie and Pete Gogolak, were brothers.

Under backers must've got killed on the spread, however the line was exceptionally high at o/u 63.5 when I looked. Not as much as that 58-48 game though. The line in that game was 37.5. Ouch.
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,115
    Brilliant game to watch for the neutrals after all the 'shock results' on Sunday that killed so many accas
  • BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,210
    If certainly was a great game and I think both sides along with the New Orleans Saints must be the favourites for the Super Bowl.
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,366
    Brrrrrrr said:

If certainly was a great game and I think both sides along with the New Orleans Saints must be the favourites for the Super Bowl.

+1