You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SPT Glasgow

2»

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855
    Type your comment
    Thechase said:

The alea glasgow facebook page event says that direct buyin through the sky poker site is unavailable. I was going to register through the site, will i have any problems when i turn up to the alea Tommorow? Will there be someone that can check i have bought in?

Hi @Thechase

Direct Buy-In via Sky Poker has been open all week but it closed this afternoon, as names etc needed to be sent across to the Venue.

Direct buy-in at the venue remains available, of course.

I'm a little confused by your last sentence. Have you already bought in? If so, yes, we'll be there from early afternoon, just bring some ID please.

If you have not bought in, you can buy in at the venue.

I expect to be at the venue from around 2pm, just come see me if there are any issues, I'm the middle-aged cool looking dude.
  • ROL-ROCKSROL-ROCKS Member Posts: 14
    In the event schedule it states that the day 2 starting stack is 25,000.

Now this says to me that if all I have left at the end of day 1 is a small blind of 1,000 then I can look forward to joining the final day with much improved stack of 25,000.

Surely this can't be right.
    edited October 2018
    ROL-ROCKS said:

In the event schedule it states that the day 2 starting stack is 25,000.

Now this says to me that if all I have left at the end of day 1 is a small blind of 1,000 then I can look forward to joining the final day with much improved stack of 25,000.

Surely this can't be right.

@ROL-ROCKS

No, it's not right. In fact, it's a bit of a set up error when the Promo Page was produced.

It states EXACTLY this.....

Players are allowed one re-entry per flight, and can play both flights. Players have the option to take their biggest stack through to

Day 2. Starting stack: 25,000

When in fact it should state this;

Players are allowed one re-entry per flight, and can play both flights. Players have the option to take their biggest stack through to Day 2.

Starting stack: 25,000

Note the difference - EXACTLY the same words, but with the line break in the correct place.

So no, your starting stack for Day 2 is whatever you carry forward (if any) from Day 1.

Somehow, I'm reminded of this......

edited October 2018
    By the way, that Eats, Shoots & Leaves is a cracking read.

It's a non-fiction book - the only type worth reading imo - purely on the correct use of punctuation. So it has a whole chapter on the correct use of exclamation marks. Sadly, very few folks seem to have read it.

Ditto question marks. Our forum is regularly populated by thread titles which ask a question but have no question mark, of which there have been several this week alone. Drives me nuts.

Then there are those who use DOUBLE question marks or exclamation marks. What's that all about? Don't even start me on that.

I've no idea why these things make me so grumpy & tetchy, but they do.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    ^^^^

Sounds like an awesome read!!!!
    Type your comment

^^^^

Sounds like an awesome read!!!!

Certainly is. Here you go;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eats,_Shoots_&_Leaves
    Thanks for the quick reply Tikay.
    Being scottish,english is my second language so this sort of grammar is very confusing. :smile:
    Type your comment
    ROL-ROCKS said:

Thanks for the quick reply Tikay.
    Being scottish,english is my second language so this sort of grammar is very confusing. :smile:

No worries bud. The way it appeared on the page was a little confusing, I grant you that.

Scottish, you say? How did Scotland do against Israel last night? 4-0, 5-0, that sort of thing one imagines?
    Yep and that was after 2 ends.We are talking about curling here. :smile:
    Type your comment
    ROL-ROCKS said:

Yep and that was after 2 ends.We are talking about curling here. :smile:

Ha, excellent answer, wp, wp.