You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What happened yesterday? - Day 1 of UKOPS

Comments

• miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 134
    Good to see the gtd’s get smashed...that railtard is a beast
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Good write ups, wp @IrishRose on the win! I guess congratulations to @LmfaoAllin and @railtard11 too!
  • BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,210
    A great read as always - am sure everyone who reads it agrees, but not everyone will think to post on thread to say so. ☺
  • HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 898
    Tikay10 said:

UKOPS 05, £55 entry £4,000 BH

I’ve waited a good while to be able to say “well done @IrishRose UKOPS champ” but the time has come so huge congrats to Rose who will be an immensely popular winner. She turns up at almost every SPT no matter where it is, even Vegas, & tries her heart out.

She might not be Justin Bonomo, buy my word she’s a trier, so well done Rose, chuffed to bits for you.

@5ausages was 3rd, @alancarr12 5th & @limp2lose rounded off the Final table.

@devil-tear final table bubbled, with @kapowblamz 10th, @Scotty77 12th , @thesaw 16th & @itsover4u 17th.

Rose is no stranger to big cashes, mind, this was after she collected a whopping £6,300. Anyone care to name the location & occasion?

Well done Rose.

SPT Manchester beginning this year I think ? ...well done rose lovely lady
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,746
    Nice write-up Tikay. I know this is so much trickier since Sharkscope went dark so I, like many others, really appreciate you continuing to put in the effort.

I'm also pretty chuffed to have done well enough already to have got a mention - getting at least one Tikay shout-out was my pre Ukops goal so, win or lose, it's all gravy from here on :).
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,438
    yesroy said:

It was good to see this sort of coverage of Sky Poker UPOPS again since they stopped the TV shows and I enjoyed this read but you tailed off and made it seem like it was a hassle for you to do and a hassle for me to read. At one point you said it was splurge - I am not familiar with this expression but I have assumed it is an excretion of some kind.

It might have been hassle for you to type, but I can assure you it is appreciated and I enjoyed most of the article.

Perhaps to save time next time you should not include the current events coverage, propaganda and memes but I suppose without watching the tables or recording some hands to gif them in the thread you can't do much more than list the winners and some places and it would be a short and terrible read.

Noroy.
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    Another avid reader checking in............
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,115
    Tikay10 said:

I’ve waited a good while to be able to say “well done @IrishRose UKOPS champ” but the time has come so huge congrats to Rose who will be an immensely popular winner. She turns up at almost every SPT no matter where it is, even Vegas, & tries her heart out.

She might not be Justin Bonomo, buy my word she’s a trier, so well done Rose, chuffed to bits for you.

@devil-tear final table bubbled, with @kapowblamz 10th, @Scotty77 12th , @thesaw 16th & @itsover4u 17th.

Rose is no stranger to big cashes, mind, this was after she collected a whopping £6,300. Anyone care to name the location & occasion?

Well done Rose.

Manchester SPT
    By the way a massive well done to Rose for taking down UKOPS 5
  • SUPERSNEDDSUPERSNEDD Member Posts: 910
    Great start to UKOPS which is always a one not to be missed. Keep the write ups coming.

Snedds
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    Brrrrrrr said:

A great read as always - am sure everyone who reads it agrees, but not everyone will think to post on thread to say so. ☺

Agreed.
    I enjoyed it but I am certainly not going to post on here to say so.
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,139
    edited October 2018
    Tikay10 said:

Good morning.

Before we get started on Friday, I posed a question on the write-up for Thursday, featuring this photograph;

2 readers replied, a good response rate considering only about 5 folks read the whole thing.

So shout-outs to @Angmar2626 & @MAXALLY, both of whom were correct, as yes, it was Patrick Leonard at the BITB grindhouse, it was Patrick far right, & it was also entangled with the current Party Poker/Bankroll Supply debate on 2+2. Quite a scary story in some ways, though much of the thread is complete tosh. Patrick is a sensationally good poker player, but maybe not so good at touchy-feely stuff, and it would never have occurred to him how disturbing that photo was to recreational players. “grind houses” are ten a penny of course, but really, if you are a high profile poker player, it’s probably not wise to send those sort of messages to recreationals.

Somehow, I can't help but feel it'll be a while before a Staking House publishes one of those photos again.

I often go for leader board promos on Party and typically there are 15 or 20 so players that go for 10 packages $5.3K Millions Online Packages each week, so often see the same guys on the same tables and on the Final Tables. Some of the play I have experienced does make a grind house make sense. And yes, Patrick Leonard is one of the 15 to 20 that usually goes for the promo.

P.S. I have stopped going for them after finishing 11th last time after 18 hour days for a week. Always thought that "some" not "all" of the players would share an account, as I played awful at times due to tiredness. So obviously would be so much easier with two people sharing an account. Something I would never do even if my opponents do.

This picture makes me feel that it may happen even more than I suspected. I am fairly sure my 11th place would have been a top ten without these places.

Sad to see, I must be pretty naive as I didn't think these places existed on this scale.

Shame.
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,139
    edited October 2018
    Tikay10 said:

Well done Rose.

Awesome @IrishRose , and of course this was at SPT Manchester earlier this year, where I was on the same table as her for a good while on day two. She outlasted me that's for sure.

Really pleased for you Rose. Thoroughly deserved and is in fact one of the most improved players on Sky over the last year imo.

But most important of all, is that she's a thoroughly decent, kind and genuine person. So nice when the good guys win.

Well done Rosie! xx
    Tikay10 said:

We’ve been following the World Series Baseball (well I have…) so we’d best carry on, & last night saw the Dodgers pull 1 back to reduce the deficit in the 7 game series to 1-2.

It’s quite clever how the Americans monetise sport. Baseball, NBA & Ice Hockey’s Stanley Cup all climax their season with a best of 7 affair. Best of 7 means lots & lots of lovely gate money & TV income. I’m struggling to think of any major British Sport that ends the season with a best of 7, our nearest equivalent I can think of is the play-offs in football. Can you think of any?

Anyway, I’m rather hoping the Dodgers pull level in the next game, purely on the spurious grounds that I actually drove past the Dodger Stadium, on the outskirts of Los Angeles, 2 years ago. Does the USA do great stadiums? Just a bit.

Eat your heart out Barnsley FC.

Dodgers 6 - 9 Red Sox- so the Sox win Game 4 to take a 3-1 lead with one more to play in LA then back to Boston for the last 2 (if need be)

• K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    There’s some all in sats later @Tikay10 to get into the Gold £8000 Bh which probs need removijg
  • GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 384
    Excellent write up @Tikay10 and well done to all the winners, especially @IrishRose
  • Red-DogRed-Dog Member Posts: 7
    Excellent waffle & splurge!!
    x
  • edrichedrich Member Posts: 1,904
    Thanks for the updates Tikay.

Will be joining in tonight while watching the F1.

I think it's a safe bet that there won't be much baseball going on in this stadium tonight,

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,621

UKOPS 03, £11 entry, £5,000 BH

This was the Mini, and this was the night’s star performer, knocking the Guarantee right out of the park.

Winner was @supersibb, with @ISULDURRKK 2nd & @Tsarina 5th.

12th was @TheDart, 13th @GregUK , 14th @MRBURNS4 & 15th @lyonsbob06 , with @day4eire76 266th. Spare a thought for @Tea4three who was, in horse racing parlance, tailed off.

yesroy said:

It was good to see this sort of coverage of Sky Poker UPOPS again since they stopped the TV shows and I enjoyed this read but you tailed off and made it seem like it was a hassle for you to do and a hassle for me to read. At one point you said it was splurge - I am not familiar with this expression but I have assumed it is an excretion of some kind.

It might have been hassle for you to type, but I can assure you it is appreciated and I enjoyed most of the article.

Perhaps to save time next time you should not include the current events coverage, propaganda and memes but I suppose without watching the tables or recording some hands to gif them in the thread you can't do much more than list the winners and some places and it would be a short and terrible read.

Hi @yesroy

Not a hassle to write at all, no, I enjoyed it, & splurge was just self-deprecating, after all, it's hardly going to in a Purlitzer Prize, is it? ;)

Your final para nails it really, just an attempt to (try to) make it mildly interesting.

Now, a question for you, if I may.

Are you the same gentleman or Lady who used to post a lot of stuff on @goldon's "Why?" thread?
  • yesroyyesroy Member Posts: 79
    Yes that's right.