You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What happened yesterday? - Day 1 of UKOPS

13»

Comments

• LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,213
    MattBates said:

Good write ups, wp @IrishRose on the win! I guess congratulations to @LmfaoAllin and @railtard11 too!

Thanks @MattBates, high praise indeed, and so heart felt too.

Structure seems to suit my game and skill level, so cant take too much credit.

But if someone were to win it twice, now that really would be quite something.

Great write ups, as always, TK.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,185

MattBates said:

Good write ups, wp @IrishRose on the win! I guess congratulations to @LmfaoAllin and @railtard11 too!

Thanks @MattBates, high praise indeed, and so heart felt too.

Structure seems to suit my game and skill level, so cant take too much credit.

But if someone were to win it twice, now that really would be quite something.

Great write ups, as always, TK.
    Too much bragging from someone who can barely stay awake after 4 beers
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    StayOrGo said:

Tikay10 said:

Good morning.

Before we get started on Friday, I posed a question on the write-up for Thursday, featuring this photograph;

2 readers replied, a good response rate considering only about 5 folks read the whole thing.

So shout-outs to @Angmar2626 & @MAXALLY, both of whom were correct, as yes, it was Patrick Leonard at the BITB grindhouse, it was Patrick far right, & it was also entangled with the current Party Poker/Bankroll Supply debate on 2+2. Quite a scary story in some ways, though much of the thread is complete tosh. Patrick is a sensationally good poker player, but maybe not so good at touchy-feely stuff, and it would never have occurred to him how disturbing that photo was to recreational players. “grind houses” are ten a penny of course, but really, if you are a high profile poker player, it’s probably not wise to send those sort of messages to recreationals.

Somehow, I can't help but feel it'll be a while before a Staking House publishes one of those photos again.

I often go for leader board promos on Party and typically there are 15 or 20 so players that go for 10 packages $5.3K Millions Online Packages each week, so often see the same guys on the same tables and on the Final Tables. Some of the play I have experienced does make a grind house make sense. And yes, Patrick Leonard is one of the 15 to 20 that usually goes for the promo.

P.S. I have stopped going for them after finishing 11th last time after 18 hour days for a week. Always thought that "some" not "all" of the players would share an account, as I played awful at times due to tiredness. So obviously would be so much easier with two people sharing an account. Something I would never do even if my opponents do.

This picture makes me feel that it may happen even more than I suspected. I am fairly sure my 11th place would have been a top ten without these places.

Sad to see, I must be pretty naive as I didn't think these places existed on this scale.

Shame.
    Are you sure he goes for those promos? He has gone on record saying none of his guys, and I assume he means him too, go for the promos (think he said one guy did once)
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,139
    edited October 2018
    I thought he did tbh, certainly play enough against him when I'm going for them. But looking at the results, you are right, he probably doesn't, as to whether his "guys" do, I wouldn't know without knowing their aliases, but it's pretty much the same guys contesting the seats week on week.

I think they get tournament dollars this time for multiple seats, which is as good as cash. (previously they were for Punta Cana and they had to sell extra ones.)

I guess if he says they don't go for them, then they probably don't, but maybe similar set ups elsewhere do.