You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

extra chips and bountys when starting a comp

Comments

• Options
    mukta1818mukta1818 Member Posts: 30
    lol what a crock of shite your talking u need to give your head a wobble
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,315
    edited October 2018
    Type your comment
    mukta1818 said:

you aint advised me nothing im telling you how it is im not a novice i play everyday on here im sure i know how it works u cant have a tournament start with people with all different stacks what would be the point then the **** who has money would buy him self the win everytime and not use his skill it wouldnt be fair would it silly

@mukta1818

Well I don't make the rules, and maybe it is not fair, but that's how it is. In many Rebuy Tournaments, here & on other sites, also "Live", you can rebuy immediately.

Sky Poker don't have that many rebuys, but if you go on to the world's biggest online poker site - PokerStars - they have a lot of Rebuys, & in all of them, you can rebuy before the first hand is dealt. Them's the rules, & it's been standard for as many years as I can remember.

• Options
    i played the 5k mini and the other tournament was couple days ago and ive never seen anyone but the guy in question with a bigger starting stack why is that ? because you all start the same no advantage
  • Options
    answer me this then why when i contacted customer service about my issue why would they refund me the first time when i stated what was happening surly they would know if i was right or not
  • Options
    mukta1818 said:

i played the 5k mini and the other tournament was couple days ago and ive never seen anyone but the guy in question with a bigger starting stack why is that ? because you all start the same no advantage

Tonight's Mini (Saturday night, that is) was an unlimited Rebuy. The lobby stated;

There are unlimited rebuys for 2000 chips with no fee attached for the first 70 minutes
  • Options
    Type your comment
    mukta1818 said:

answer me this then why when i contacted customer service about my issue why would they refund me the first time when i stated what was happening surly they would know if i was right or not

I can only assume they made a mistake, or you somehow confused them, or maybe they were just trying to be extra helpful.

I'd keep schtum about it if I were you. ;)
  • Options
    mukta1818 said:

lol what a crock of shite your talking u need to give your head a wobble

That might just be the nicest insult I've had in years, I've been up since 6am & am dog-tired but that did make me laugh, wp Sir.

"Give my head a wobble", love it.

Shall we call it a draw now?
  • Options
    why try justify what fake sky poker are doing they was in the wrong they refunded me it happened again and they basically called me a lier thats why i wont use this site again and i was clearly warning others who might of spotted the same thing so dnt try butter it up it is what it is i asked for a refund and they said no so now they can jogg on
  • Options
    Type your comment
    mukta1818 said:

why try justify what fake sky poker are doing they was in the wrong they refunded me it happened again and they basically called me a lier thats why i wont use this site again and i was clearly warning others who might of spotted the same thing so dnt try butter it up it is what it is i asked for a refund and they said no so now they can jogg on

Goodnight @mukta1818
  • Options
    well they aint getting there money back anyway even if i was in the wrong and im glad i brought a smile to your face makes it all worth while and just admitt im right what im saying and then we can call it a draw
  • Options
    Type your comment
    mukta1818 said:

well they aint getting there money back anyway even if i was in the wrong and im glad i brought a smile to your face makes it all worth while and just admitt im right what im saying and then we can call it a draw

Nope, if they refunded you, good luck to you, it's yours to keep.

You are incorrect as myself and the other guys already stated, but yeah, I'm happy to call it a draw.
  • Options
    Type your comment
    mukta1818 said:

so your telling me that i enter a comp for 5.50 and get 2k starting stack and then i can hit this button staight away and get another 2k is that what your really telling me? heres a clue REBUY MEANS WHEN YOU LOSE YOUR CHIPS YOU CAN BUY BACK IN FOR THE STARTING STACK and yes some are unlimited rebuys but you cant just hit the button unlimited times and keep building your chips up are you for real

Yes.

That's the situation with rebuys on most Online poker sites.

You cannot just keep "hitting the rebuy button" though, you can only take a subsequent rebuy if your stack falls below starting stack.

The Tournament lobbies always explain this, so always best to check first.

• Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited October 2018
    Wow some people, you just can’t help them.

Also you can’t add on once you go one chip over your starting stack.
  • Options
    GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 383
    Think Tikay has hopefully cleared it up for you, but here are examples from a couple of lobbies.

The first is from a £11 UKOPS event where you can only rebuy once you have lost all your chips:

UKOPS 03 £5,000 Guaranteed Mini Bounty Hunter. Total prize pool is split equally between cash prizes and player bounties! 3000 chips and 10 min blinds. Late registration for 1 hour 40 mins. Rebuys are available if you bust during first 10 levels.

This second one is from the £3.30 Reload which you played last night:

£1,000 Gtd Reload. A Rebuy Bounty Hunter tournament. Unlimited re-buys for 45 minutes with no fee attached, one add-on allowed for 5000 chips during the 3 minute add-on break which follows the end of late registration which will be open for 45 minutes

So in the first example you can only rebuy when you bust, but in the reload example you can rebuy when you have either starting stack or below. I always rebuy straight away as then have double the stack of anyone that doesn't rebuy immediately.
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    oh dear hes not getting it tk
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    this is why i love this forum <3
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,355
    gpc70 said:

oh dear hes not getting it tk

Unlucky on your 4th place finish tonight.
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    cheers mumsie bad run at present 4th in a fr were 3 geta seat about sums it up
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    Just read this...not only the funniest complaint i've read for a while, the poor grammar and this knife in this draw certainly needs sharpening
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    just off for a jogg