You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Mini UKOPS - what happened on Day SEVEN?

2»

Comments

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,789
  • avixavix Member Posts: 16
    Tikay10 said:

Quite a mixed bag there, and I'm afraid I don't know any of them, but I watched a little of it & it looked to me that @avix might just be the pick of the bunch. Maybe he tries harder.

And on that forced & obscure pun, which you need to be pretty old to get, we shall move swiftly on.

I'm afraid that even I am not old enough to get the pun.

Thanks for the updates, I've only recently started playing on Sky, the forum looks to be a great (and friendly) resource.

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,701
    Type your comment
    avix said:

Tikay10 said:

Quite a mixed bag there, and I'm afraid I don't know any of them, but I watched a little of it & it looked to me that @avix might just be the pick of the bunch. Maybe he tries harder.

And on that forced & obscure pun, which you need to be pretty old to get, we shall move swiftly on.

I'm afraid that even I am not old enough to get the pun.

Thanks for the updates, I've only recently started playing on Sky, the forum looks to be a great (and friendly) resource.

Thanks @avix

Best result ever for me is when, as a result of these "reports" (I use the term loosely) someone comes on the Forum & posts for the first time.

The "pun"?

See the post above yours, by @mumsie. Back in the 70's, Hertz Car Rental were far & away the biggest car rental firm in the world, but then along came a daring ad campaign by Avis, who turned conventional wisdom (at the time) on it's head by saying "yeah, but because we are only 2nd biggest, we have to try harder".
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,103
    Great reviews Tikay. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading these as well as the main UKPPS two weeks ago...gripping stuff
  • peter27peter27 Member Posts: 1,634
    Tikay10 said:

Over in Macau, in a F3 race, there was one of the most horrific accidents you could ever wish (not) to see....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDTqCjTOjeA

The driver, a 17 year old German lady, fractured her spine, & is having surgery right now.

Of course we wish her well, fingers crossed for a full recovery.

It's motor racing though. Accidents are going to happen, & the drivers know that, & are not forced to race. Many of them earn top dollar, too.

Should we feel sympathy for them when things go badly wrong? A fella working on a building site who meets with an accident is surely just as deserving of our thoughts?

Thankfully, and amazingly, it seems like everyone involved will be basically okay (although that could still change). While the incident looked dramatic, the car flying through the air for so long actually reduces the magnitude of the impact. I could go into more detail, but I don't want to bore people!

Should we feel sympathy? Of course.

If a "fella" on a building site meets with an accident, then they should get an equal level of sympathy from those who know about it. It's just that the amount of people who know about it are significantly less.