You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Favourite pie?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273
edited March 2019 in The Rail
Was intrigued how much comment another thread received on the topic of pies.

What's your favourite, & least favourite, pie?

Only one winner in the "favourite" category, of course - pork pies. Full of goodness, them. If I ever knew I was about to have "last meal", it'd be a pork pie.

Least favourite? Has to be leek & potato. Anything with leek in it needs banning, leeks are the food of the devil.

Look at this beauty - I'm salivating just looking at it.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

These are pretty freaking good, too.....

• EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462

Closely followed by chicken and mushroom, then mince and onion with gravy.
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Not a lot of meat in the first one...def not a yorkshire pork pie .
    Can't quite get over the fact that some people would actually like to eat pork pies warm :( ...cold is how they should be eaten
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    My favourite- pie in YOUR face

most hated-pie in MY face

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,768
  • ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
    Such a difficult question...….. so many pies...……

A pork pie is an absolute classic, but must, absolutely MUST be accompanied by brown sauce.

My personal favourite is a steak pie. A pub near me (the Moorlands Inn) in Halifax do a steak pie. Slow cooked brazing steak in a rich gravy with a suet pastry crust. Absolutely amazing.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,820
    ShaunyT said:

A pork pie is an absolute classic, but must, absolutely MUST be accompanied by brown sauce.

My personal favourite is a steak pie. A pub near me (the Moorlands Inn) in Halifax do a steak pie. Slow cooked brazing steak in a rich gravy with a suet pastry crust. Absolutely amazing.

How much?
  • ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
    mumsie said:

ShaunyT said:

How much?
    £11.95 with home made chips and peas.
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    ShaunyT said:

sounds a lot nicer than my local fish shop burger in pastry pie, never been back to that shop
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,554
    Worst is steak and kidney. It simply has a bad taste. Kidney is grim.

Best used to be a minced beef and onion pie but a steak and ale will do fine as well.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,269
    edited March 2019
    Lemon Meringue....... or Cold Apple Pie and Cold Custard
    ......Sweet Tooth me.... would you believe :)

Not everyones cup of tea I see but I Love Steak and Kidney too ..... and Pork Pie with loads of mustard (gives you a whizz up your nose >:) ..... ALL legal your Honour) and tastes great.

Hate Mince Beef and Onion.....always gives me heartburn :s

My daughter Misty loves Chicken & Mushroom.... but picks out the mushroom (so Chicken Pie :D )

EDIT: Jenny Nixon who was Stewardess at my Golf Club (Wortley GC, N.Sheffield) made the BEST Steak and Kidney Pie ever.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    MISTY4ME said:

Not everyones cup of tea I see but I Love Steak and Kidney too ..... and Pork Pie with loads of mustard (gives you a whizz up your nose >:) ..... ALL legal your Honour)
    and tastes great.

My daughter Misty loves Chicken & Mushroom.... but picks out the mushroom (so Chicken Pie :D )

Yes...I'd agree you look like you like sweet pies...lol

didn't realise you could get prosecco in a pie..but hey??
    edited March 2019
    Tikay10 said:

Was intrigued how much comment another thread received on the topic of pies.

What's your favourite, & least favourite, pie?

Only one winner in the "favourite" category, of course - pork pies. Full of goodness, them. If I ever knew I was about to have "last meal", it'd be a pork pie.

Least favourite? Has to be leek & potato. Anything with leek in it needs banning, leeks are the food of the devil.

Look at this beauty - I'm salivating just looking at it.

Defo too much crust and not enough filling (I'll not say meat !)..... actually looking at that one again, it could actually be meat-ish
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    madprof said:

MISTY4ME said:

Not everyones cup of tea I see but I Love Steak and Kidney too ..... and Pork Pie with loads of mustard (gives you a whizz up your nose >:) ..... ALL legal your Honour)
    and tastes great.

Just a thought, jizzer (@misty4me )...one normally buys one's pies from Waitrose when one's purchasing one's Malbec and Sauvignon blanc...
    edited March 2019
    :)
    madprof said:

madprof said:

MISTY4ME said:

and tastes great.

Just a thought, jizzer (@misty4me )...one normally buys one's pies from Waitrose when one's purchasing one's Malbec and Sauvignon blanc...
    SNOBBY T**T :)
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    edited March 2019
    So many pies, so little time.
    Odd that tomato sauce is vile with pork pies. But brown sauce is only 1 option.
    Cheese, piccalilli, pickle (not pork & pickle pies, they are cat yak), or my favourite-another pork pie.
    Love steak & kidney, and anything with suet pastry crust.

Hate-rhubarb pie. Bleuch.

We could start a list of our favourite pies:-a pie chart.

I'll get my coat....
  • K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    I dont like many pies :/ Certainly not Apple Pies :D
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,810
    Butter pie.

Simples B)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

Worst is steak and kidney. It simply has a bad taste. Kidney is grim.

Best used to be a minced beef and onion pie but a steak and ale will do fine as well.

Nooooooooooooooooooo.

I might just have had more of these than any living person, at one stage of my life I had one every night for dinner over a 3 year period.

In fact I still have one every year on Christmas Day.

If I'm reincarnated, I want to come back as a Fray Bentos Steak & Kidney pie.

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,554
    Nothing wrong with a Fray Bentos but keep that kidney away.

Fray Bentos pies are a quid in Home Bargains. Now, that is a bargain.