You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Favourite pie?

2»

Comments

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    Essexphil said:

So many pies, so little time.
    Odd that tomato sauce is vile with pork pies. But brown sauce is only 1 option.
    Cheese, piccalilli, pickle (not pork & pickle pies, they are cat yak), or my favourite-another pork pie.
    Love steak & kidney, and anything with suet pastry crust.

Hate-rhubarb pie. Bleuch.

We could start a list of our favourite pies:-a pie chart.

I'll get my coat....

ketchup is the sauce of the devil and should be banned internationally
  • MaaaaaaarkMaaaaaaark Member Posts: 24
    Double meat & tater, with a ladle of mushy peas and lashings of gravy. Served in a polystyrene box.
    If feeling exotic, the alternative garnish to peas and gravy is beetroot and pickled onions. Never been a fan of that, I don't trust anyone who doesn't like peas and gravy :)

Does a Gregg's cheese and onion slice count as a pie? If so, that's a close second.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183

Butter pie.

Simples B)

I googled this as I'd never heard of it, sounds quite nice, everdays a schoolday.

So many good pies out there, after golf in winter not much beats Scotch pie, beans and chips.
  • Ironpump1Ironpump1 Member Posts: 177
    I’m a veggie and I don’t like pastry so there aren’t many pies in my life these days. I used to like a classic fish pie though.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

Double meat & tater, with a ladle of mushy peas and lashings of gravy. Served in a polystyrene box.
    If feeling exotic, the alternative garnish to peas and gravy is beetroot and pickled onions. Never been a fan of that, I don't trust anyone who doesn't like peas and gravy :)

Does a Gregg's cheese and onion slice count as a pie? If so, that's a close second.

That might just be the most profound & insightful thing anyone ever wrote on this Forum.

Am gonna shortlist that post for POTW (Post Of The Week).

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    Tikay10 said:

That might just be the most profound & insightful thing anyone ever wrote on this Forum.

Perfectly acceptable not to like peas.

However, not to like mushy peas (or pease pudding, for that matter) is a sure reflection on someone's trustworthiness :)

Mind you, my entire family do not share this view :(
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

However, not to like mushy peas (or pease pudding, for that matter) is a sure reflection on someone's trustworthiness :)

Both mushy peas & pease pudding have renowned flatulence generating qualities, or so I'm told.

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    Tikay10 said:

Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

Both mushy peas & pease pudding have renowned flatulence generating qualities, or so I'm told.

I'm really as short as Bates, it's just that I am hovering above the ground ;)
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    stokefc said:

these

Deffo marra get the sen dine ta Wrights fer thar tee .

• AmarieAmarie Member Posts: 447
    Every Saturday lunchtime family congregate at my house and want feeding, its usually about 10 but has been known to be more than 20 friends and family. Today the menu was beef stew and dumplings, but by far the most requested lunch is 'Anne's cheese and onion pie' and mushy peas (beans also provided if preferred), made with extra strong cheddar, shortcrust pastry bottom and flaky pastry top mmmmm delish, might have to make that for next week....any one want to call?
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Cherry pie lovely but theres nothing wrong with steak and kidney loved all offal when I was a kid wonder I didn't get mad cows disease, hold on a minute Wellington wants another punch up back soon.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,728
    All you Northern boys wanna get down South for the only way a pie should be eaten,with mash and liquor...

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
    edited March 2019
    Tikay10 said:

Worst is steak and kidney. It simply has a bad taste. Kidney is grim.

Best used to be a minced beef and onion pie but a steak and ale will do fine as well.

Nooooooooooooooooooo.

I might just have had more of these than any living person, at one stage of my life I had one every night for dinner over a 3 year period.

In fact I still have one every year on Christmas Day.

If I'm reincarnated, I want to come back as a Fray Bentos Steak & Kidney pie.

I remember working out in Portugal years ago. I had been there for about 6 months without a proper pie or pasty in sight, when I fell over a little shop that sold Fray Bentos pies, and Vesta curries.
    I was over the moon.

Alternatively I went to Goa on holiday, some years later, and right at the top of the menu in the first restaurant we walked into, was a pie and chips.
    lucy4 said:

All you Northern boys wanna get down South for the only way a pie should be eaten,with mash and liquor...

Is that green liquor with or without cockles??
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,728
    madprof said:

lucy4 said:

No Cockles but you can have a starter of Jellied Eels

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,878
    This is all pie in the Sky.

https://youtu.be/5IKnZe5BB2I
    lucy4 said:

madprof said:

lucy4 said:

No Cockles but you can have a starter of Jellied Eels

Is that photo @MAXALLY and @Tikay10 enjoying a meal out whilst sorting out the footy bets??
  • MasoniReefMasoniReef Member Posts: 168
    Haway man all these pies and im on a diet