You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Names on shirts...sense or sacrilege?

Comments

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305

Tikay's on a performance bonus. He gets an extra 10p per forum post.

Skyjames on a roll , that's 2 posts today ...quiet day is it ?
    Prob a good idea to get your sarcasm in while you still have a job ;)

p.s Backslap to the usual supsects lol'ing the comment .

2 posts? missed the other one..and it's suspects

Highfive yourself did you ? ...what a tool !

See? It's not nice to have your typos/grammatical corrections highlighted, is it?

I'd rather play some poker against you sometime in the future??
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2019

That would prob be very profitable for me , as you have no idea what a set is , and seem incapable of quoting properly . Feel free to carry on trolling !

It's also interesting to see how people like you actually interact with a woman , very telling .
    Of course , I would never pull the gender card, as I can give as good as i get , but still , very revealing .
  • Options

That would prob be very profitable for me , as you have no idea what a set is , and seem incapable of quoting properly . Feel free to carry on trolling !

It's also interesting to see how people like you actually interact with a woman , very telling .
    Of course , I would never pull the gender card, as I can give as good as i get , but still , very revealing .

Happy to play anytime..please don't be so crass as to infer the gender position as any form of rationale...with a sense of irony, your attitude, generally appears more masculine
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    remind me again....whats cricket?
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Come on Madprof, we all know she's a 65 year old woman.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    madprof said:

Happy to play anytime..please don't be so crass as to infer the gender position as any form of rationale...with a sense of irony, your attitude, generally appears more masculine

That would probably be , because I have had to manage little boys like you in a professional capacity for many years .
  • Options
    edited March 2019

You seem very keen on disputing my gender and my age , perhaps you would like to a} explain your rationale behind it and b) provide some sort of proof for your scepticsm.
    In the absence of either , I would suggest you change the record .
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,101

madprof said:

That would probably be , because I have had to manage little boys like you in a professional capacity for many years .

Didn't have you down as a dominatrix :)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Essexphil said:

madprof said:

Didn't have you down as a dominatrix :)

I'd have probably made more money :D
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,107
    Looking at the forum I wondered how could a post about 'names on a cricket shirt' attract so many responses,having read it, I can now see why.
  • Options

Hi

Thanks for the input however her age/gender is not relevant really, it's her inference that my opinion and approach towards her has changed because she is a woman! ( I know a couple of people who play here using a female avatar, thinking it might gain some poker advantage....now thats bzzarre as well!)

If like her, a bloke had tried to show their intellectual superiority(sic) by demeaning people with publicly corrections of their grammar in a disparaging way, I would have responded in the same way...at another level, I'm slightly disappointed in myself that i've lowered myself to her level and responded so often.

And yes, on occasions I was trying to wind her up by identifying her inadequacies publicly, but it's now become tiresome so now I'd rather play her at poker....which for some reason she sees as a male trying to demean a female....I see it as one poker player(non gender specific) playing another

Gl at the tables

;-)
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,262

MattBates said:

Really struggling to get my head round your views.

Just pretend its still 1981, and that women belong in the kitchen, then you'll maybe start to digest his views.
    And yet again the nasty, ignorant little troll crawls out from under his bridge. Spouting his bile and completely oblivious to the fact that as usual he makes a total rectum of himself.

Where is your evidence to support such rhetoric ?. I have been very careful to avoid saying anything of the sort and yet you seem without knowledge of anything about me to suddenly declare that I am a sexist dinosaur from a bygone era.

I have never said anything of the sort and have as previously stated spent thousands of hours coaching both men and women, boys and girls. I also have supported through donations to running costs to a brilliant up and coming 14 yr old female stock car driver and was prominent in the setting up of a ladies team at my local rugby club.

I firmly believe in equality in sport not just gender equality but also that racial, religious and sexual orientation should never be a barrier to participation.

I also think that there should be more women in poker but maybe people who are imbicillic, moronic and obnoxious just keep them out eh?.

You want to start trashing me without evidence feller, fire away. Let everyone see YOU for what YOU are.

Mark

''BUT and heres the rub I just find it personally wrong that we now have female commentators in football, international rugby union, international cricket and golf''
    He's obv talking from a personal listening perspective, you want to put a different spin on it !
    ''SACRILEGE but then again at the risk of upsetting the p.c. brigade so is having female commentators pundits and analysts''

''BUT and heres the rub I just find it personally wrong that we now have female commentators in football, international rugby union, international cricket and golf''

What spin am I putting on it?
    Do both his quotes not come across as sexist?
    If you read his comments and explanation before that , no it doesn't !
    As a woman , I don't find it sexist that someone would prefer hearing commentary on certain sports from a man .
    If you cherry pick some of his statements , then it might obv come across like that ...the fact remains though , all you do on this forum is pick certain contributors to troll .
    The top comment was his first comment. There is nothing, explanation or otherwise, before that on here.

So his first comment on this thread was to claim it is sacrilege to have women in the roles of commentators, pundits and analysists.

Explain to me how that isn't a sexist comment?
    Precious little creature aren't you ?.
    Lets clarify this , as I'm the only woman on this thread .
    I don't find anything he's said sexist , and you are only one jumping on what he's said because you have a problem with him and other people and you deliberately seek out their posts. The big problem I have is that you are allowed to continue in this way .
    One can only assume that @Tikay10 thinks the extra views gained versus the trolling is worth it .
    Ok then Hhy you get offered a B.J. by both a male and a female.

If you decide to accept the one from the female are you then both sexist and homophobic for refusing the offer of the male who may very well be better at the act??

Same rationale your'e using.

Its personal preference. Nothing more.

Now crawl back under your rock.

Mark
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

MattBates said:

Really struggling to get my head round your views.

Just pretend its still 1981, and that women belong in the kitchen, then you'll maybe start to digest his views.
    And yet again the nasty, ignorant little troll crawls out from under his bridge. Spouting his bile and completely oblivious to the fact that as usual he makes a total rectum of himself.

Where is your evidence to support such rhetoric ?. I have been very careful to avoid saying anything of the sort and yet you seem without knowledge of anything about me to suddenly declare that I am a sexist dinosaur from a bygone era.

I have never said anything of the sort and have as previously stated spent thousands of hours coaching both men and women, boys and girls. I also have supported through donations to running costs to a brilliant up and coming 14 yr old female stock car driver and was prominent in the setting up of a ladies team at my local rugby club.

I firmly believe in equality in sport not just gender equality but also that racial, religious and sexual orientation should never be a barrier to participation.

I also think that there should be more women in poker but maybe people who are imbicillic, moronic and obnoxious just keep them out eh?.

You want to start trashing me without evidence feller, fire away. Let everyone see YOU for what YOU are.

Mark

He's obv talking from a personal listening perspective, you want to put a different spin on it !
    ''SACRILEGE but then again at the risk of upsetting the p.c. brigade so is having female commentators pundits and analysts''

What spin am I putting on it?
    Do both his quotes not come across as sexist?
    If you read his comments and explanation before that , no it doesn't !
    As a woman , I don't find it sexist that someone would prefer hearing commentary on certain sports from a man .
    If you cherry pick some of his statements , then it might obv come across like that ...the fact remains though , all you do on this forum is pick certain contributors to troll .
    The top comment was his first comment. There is nothing, explanation or otherwise, before that on here.

So his first comment on this thread was to claim it is sacrilege to have women in the roles of commentators, pundits and analysists.

Explain to me how that isn't a sexist comment?
    Precious little creature aren't you ?.
    Lets clarify this , as I'm the only woman on this thread .
    I don't find anything he's said sexist , and you are only one jumping on what he's said because you have a problem with him and other people and you deliberately seek out their posts. The big problem I have is that you are allowed to continue in this way .
    One can only assume that @Tikay10 thinks the extra views gained versus the trolling is worth it .
    Ok then Hhy you get offered a B.J. by both a male and a female.

If you decide to accept the one from the female are you then both sexist and homophobic for refusing the offer of the male who may very well be better at the act??

Same rationale your'e using.

Its personal preference. Nothing more.

Now crawl back under your rock.

Mark
    Yours in oral?
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462

@Tikay10 You should start a "Last post wins" competition thread.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Hi

Thanks for the input however her age/gender is not relevant really, it's her inference that my opinion and approach towards her has changed because she is a woman! ( I know a couple of people who play here using a female avatar, thinking it might gain some poker advantage....now thats bzzarre as well!)

If like her, a bloke had tried to show their intellectual superiority(sic) by demeaning people with publicly corrections of their grammar in a disparaging way, I would have responded in the same way...at another level, I'm slightly disappointed in myself that i've lowered myself to her level and responded so often.

And yes, on occasions I was trying to wind her up by identifying her inadequacies publicly, but it's now become tiresome so now I'd rather play her at poker....which for some reason she sees as a male trying to demean a female....I see it as one poker player(non gender specific) playing another

Gl at the tables

;-)

Excellent news , if you find it all very tiresome and you are disappointed with yourself , then there will be no need for you to respond to my posts further .
    Gives you more free time to join the other rock dwellers. Ciao.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,196
    EvilPingu said:

@Tikay10 You should start a "Last post wins" competition thread.

• Options

Hi

Gl at the tables

;-)

Excellent news , if you find it all very tiresome and you are disappointed with yourself , then there will be no need for you to respond to my posts further .
    Gives you more free time to join the other rock dwellers. Ciao.

Disappointment is relative, at least one of us can be publicly reflective on what we post...

Need? well, suppose it depends if you continue to be disparaging/disrespectful to other people's articulations when you disagree with their post

do you actually play poker on line? ( That's a rhetorical question btw)
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Disappointment is relative, at least one of us can be publicly reflective on what we post...

Need? well, suppose it depends if you continue to be disparaging/disrespectful to other people's articulations when you disagree with their post

I would recommend that you do a lot more reflecting , especially considering you think it normal behaviour to follow / stalk me on the forum with the express intention of jumping on everything I post. Very sad !

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479

I would recommend that you do a lot more reflecting , especially considering you think it normal behaviour to follow / stalk me on the forum with the express intention of jumping on everything I post. Very sad !

What is very sad is that you post with the sole intention of causing trouble. Then you do your pathetic thing where you call anyone who pulls you up on this, a troll.

Why you weren’t permanently banned the last time i’ll never know.
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

What is very sad is that you post with the sole intention of causing trouble. Then you do your pathetic thing where you call anyone who pulls you up on this, a troll.

Why you weren’t permanently banned the last time i’ll never know.

The only time you make an appearance on here is when you see an opportunity to troll .