You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mini.

13»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,530
    rearender said:

My 2 pence for what its worth, I particularly enjoy the no 2nd chance especially during the week, I don't have time to play a more drawn out tourney which it will lead to with more chips in play.
    There is also rebuys running concurrently alongside the minis so if you want to play a decent rebuy there is one out there. There however is not a lot of choice for another non rebuy tourney with a decent amount of runners that has a high payout. You cannot just cater for one type of player as the others will go elsewhere.
    Fridays Rebuys and add on gets more players I think mainly because it is a Friday people are off the next day so there are more players to play and they have time to sit and play and (enjoy) a game which myself and I assume many others through the week cant do.
    I play 2 tourneys through the week the 2.20 bh at 8pm and the mini. would I play both of these if they were rebuy or 1more chance probably not. then the only games I ould play would be a Monday triple take down and Fridays Orford one. I would find another site to play the type of games I like.
    So for me its a No, I know though different folks, have different strokes

Life would be boring if we were all the same.
    Whilst I appreciate your arguments.
    Friday has marginally more runners than the other week nights.
    I was using Friday as an example as it gets more runners than the other week nights despite being more expensive.
    I appreciate that not everyone would be in favour of re-entries, for reasons other than increased prize pools, and increased chances of final table bonuses.
    How do you explain Sunday?
  • Options
    rearenderrearender Member Posts: 151
    Good post @rearender, that all makes perfect sense.

Thanks @Tikay10 and before people start its not just because i'm a tight Jock.... However many of my workmates would argue it is :smiley:
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    You could not change it to give some variety throughout the week!

I don't think you can compare £11 freezeout to a £5.50bh rebuy from a cost perspective. Part of the appeal of bh is that you can win some money back without needing to go deep which you need to do to get paid in a freezeout.
  • Options
    I was using Friday as an example as it gets more runners than the other week nights despite being more expensive.
    I appreciate that not everyone would be in favour of re-entries, for reasons other than increased prize pools, and increased chances of final table bonuses.

If you mean why do they get the least runners? For me I think its the buy in, it puts me off, it is the same as a weeknight for me and I don't want to put £11 in. Also I am normally busier on a Sunday with getting ready for the week not only myself but kids too so could account for being less people around.
    Couple that with there is a big tourney on at the same time too which people would prefer to play if they have the roll for it.
    There is a place for the rebuy/re-entry but does every decent tourney have to have it surely there should be some diversity. The one thing missing from sky is a decent nightly one chance deepstack. As that's the games I play most I know a few players who also enjoy then and play elsewhere for that reason.
    Personally though, Sky's late entry doesn't drag on too much, six ring tables are the best format, the "best games" are at the most convenient time for me and there is actually after getting involved a decent community to it.

Its like Brexit you cant please everyone. I see the benefits but they don't suit average joe like me who likes a fun game without risking too much and still a potential to build a roll.
  • Options
    PS I think I am quoting wrong I don't know how to do it lol @HAYSIE
  • Options
    MattBates said:

You could not change it to give some variety throughout the week!

I don't think you can compare £11 freezeout to a £5.50bh rebuy from a cost perspective. Part of the appeal of bh is that you can win some money back without needing to go deep which you need to do to get paid in a freezeout.

I obviously need to get back to the rail, and Brexit, as I cant be arguing very clearly.

The mini runs 7 nights per week.

5 nights as a £5 bh with a 2k guarantee.

Friday as a £5 rebuy bh with a 4k guarantee.

Sunday as a £11 freezeout with a 2k guarantee.

Friday gets the most entries despite being more expensive, and has double the usual guarantee.

As you quite rightly pointed out, the advantage on Friday is that there is in excess of the usual prize pool paid out on head prizes, in addition to the actual prize pool.

Sunday gets by far the fewest, maybe half as many as the weekday entries.

So what I have said is that maybe a re-entry would be good, but that clearly wouldn't suit everyone.

If it was up to me I would prefer a £5 rebuy every night, hoping to see a 5k prize pool, but appreciate that this might not suit everyone.

The mini has to be considered successful 6 nights per week, but when it comes to a Sunday you surely wouldnt consider that to double the buy in, and halve the runners, a coherent plan.

Compare the Sunday to a Friday, and the average player spends the same amount of money, but the difference in the prize pools is huge.
  • Options
    rearender said:

If you mean why do they get the least runners? For me I think its the buy in, it puts me off, it is the same as a weeknight for me and I don't want to put £11 in. Also I am normally busier on a Sunday with getting ready for the week not only myself but kids too so could account for being less people around.
    Couple that with there is a big tourney on at the same time too which people would prefer to play if they have the roll for it.
    There is a place for the rebuy/re-entry but does every decent tourney have to have it surely there should be some diversity. The one thing missing from sky is a decent nightly one chance deepstack. As that's the games I play most I know a few players who also enjoy then and play elsewhere for that reason.
    Personally though, Sky's late entry doesn't drag on too much, six ring tables are the best format, the "best games" are at the most convenient time for me and there is actually after getting involved a decent community to it.

Its like Brexit you cant please everyone. I see the benefits but they don't suit average joe like me who likes a fun game without risking too much and still a potential to build a roll.

We have had the bh against freezeout debate a number of times before.

Fortunately for everyone we cant compare Sky to Brexit, as Brexit will end up pleasing nobody.
  • Options
    rearender said:

PS I think I am quoting wrong I don't know how to do it lol @HAYSIE

What you have said makes complete sense.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    HAYSIE said:

rearender said:

Fortunately for everyone we cant compare Sky to Brexit, as Brexit will end up pleasing nobody.

Thats an opinion that plenty of people won't share .
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

rearender said:

Thats an opinion that plenty of people won't share .

And plenty of people will.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    One factor to consider regarding poorer numbers in the Sunday night mini is the price/number of runners in the main event.

I only buy-in to the mini during the week if I'm also playing the main due to the final table jackpot promo, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this (I would skip the mini otherwise). I'm also too much of a fish to warrant £110 buy-ins so you'll rarely find me in the Sunday mini as you might on other nights of the week.

I do think it would be a shame if every headline MTT in the Sky schedule became a bounty though (I'm a poker purist at heart!). The mini on Sundays does at least offer the largest amount for a win by quite some margin when compared to all the other £2k gtd events in the week.
  • Options

One factor to consider regarding poorer numbers in the Sunday night mini is the price/number of runners in the main event.

I only buy-in to the mini during the week if I'm also playing the main due to the final table jackpot promo, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this (I would skip the mini otherwise). I'm also too much of a fish to warrant £110 buy-ins so you'll rarely find me in the Sunday mini as you might on other nights of the week.

I do think it would be a shame if every headline MTT in the Sky schedule became a bounty though (I'm a poker purist at heart!). The mini on Sundays does at least offer the largest amount for a win by quite some margin when compared to all the other £2k gtd events in the week.

I wondered about the pulling power of the final table bonus.

However the numbers don't bear that out.

The number of players that only played the mini, rather than both the main and the mini, on Thursday were at least 221, and Friday at least 241.

Those figures would increase if all the players that played the main didn't play the mini as well.

I appreciate what you say about the main on Sunday, and I wondered if the bh at 7.30 was also a contributory factor. This tourney is equivalent to a weekday main, when it comes to buy in, prize pool, and format.

Perhaps it is just down to the fact that the average player doesn't play that many tables, and are spoilt for choice on Sunday.

If this was the case, I suppose that the only measure which may address this would be to adjust the starting times.

Although I don't think the starting times could be adjusted by much, without losing entries.

I think that lots of players would be against changing the Sunday mini to a bh format.
  • Options
    What about a £5 rebuy on Saturday, as well as Friday?
  • Options
    Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
    Yes @HAYSIE I agree with this. Like a trial period.