You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£100-£1000 Bankroll Challenge

2»

Comments

• Options
    Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
    Thought Id update this thread. Overall its been a good few weeks starting and finishing well with a small downswing in the middle. I played 10 sessions in all including 6 half sessions (4 tournaments or less) and 4 full sessions (5 tournaments or more).

From this it appears I do better when I go all out and do a full session which usually means playing 6 games at once. This usually keeps me most focused as I am less distracted by other things such as the TV or phones.

How many tables does everyone else play?

I am now including all £11 games in my schedule and will continue to play the £2.20BHs as I have done well in these recently. The session by session updates are below:

H/Session 16: +£11
    Session 17: +£43
    H/Session 18:-£15
    H/Session 19:-£22
    H/Session 20:-£3
    Session 21: -£12
    H/Session 22: -£8
    H/Session 23: -£23
    Session 24: +£42
    Session 25: +£119

Since Session 15: +£132
    Bankroll: £576
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,281

Thought Id update this thread. Overall its been a good few weeks starting and finishing well with a small downswing in the middle. I played 10 sessions in all including 6 half sessions (4 tournaments or less) and 4 full sessions (5 tournaments or more).

From this it appears I do better when I go all out and do a full session which usually means playing 6 games at once. This usually keeps me most focused as I am less distracted by other things such as the TV or phones.

How many tables does everyone else play?

I am now including all £11 games in my schedule and will continue to play the £2.20BHs as I have done well in these recently. The session by session updates are below:

H/Session 16: +£11
    Session 17: +£43
    H/Session 18:-£15
    H/Session 19:-£22
    H/Session 20:-£3
    Session 21: -£12
    H/Session 22: -£8
    H/Session 23: -£23
    Session 24: +£42
    Session 25: +£119

Since Session 15: +£132
    Bankroll: £576

I average 6 tables. There is usually a period when i am playing 8 or 9, and like to reduce at the end of a session, but 6 works best for me.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Optimal table count is a personal thing and takes a but of working to get the right amount. As you noted too few and its easy to be distracted by other factors. Too many and you don't pick up as much info on the tables/can autopilot.
    I play anything up to 12 but optimal is about 6-8 although it does depend on what games. Some games are tougher than others and if you have games that are down to final 2 tables and therefore short handed its better to have your table count lower and open up the other table.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,074
    MattBates said:

Optimal table count is a personal thing and takes a but of working to get the right amount. As you noted too few and its easy to be distracted by other factors. Too many and you don't pick up as much info on the tables/can autopilot.
    I play anything up to 12 but optimal is about 6-8 although it does depend on what games. Some games are tougher than others and if you have games that are down to final 2 tables and therefore short handed its better to have your table count lower and open up the other table.

@MattBates

GIQ, please.
  • Options
    Very good insight, thanks!
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Nice work so far :)

I'd be careful about just adding all of the 11s willy nilly with 50 buy ins. If you filter the stats of some of the best regs, some pretty savage swings are possible in them!

If you're balancing you're ABI with 2.20s (like you are) and are willing to cut them out if the roll drops below x point then go for it, but probably worth keeping an eye on them. Looks like you've started off nicely in them though :)
  • Options
    Thanks @Angmar2626,

I appreciate the advice. I recon I will play the £11s which are less "reggy" so like the 9:30 one and the one at 7:45 seems good.

But I agree, I will move down if I hit a downswing for sure.
  • Options
    Ironpump1Ironpump1 Member Posts: 177

I'd be careful about just adding all of the 11s willy nilly with 50 buy ins. If you filter the stats of some of the best regs, some pretty savage swings are possible in them!

If you're balancing you're ABI with 2.20s (like you are) and are willing to cut them out if the roll drops below x point then go for it, but probably worth keeping an eye on them. Looks like you've started off nicely in them though :)

Funny you mention this I was looking at my results per stake level the other day and seen that I had a -£460 period, compared to my worst losing period on £22's only being -£240.

Great work on the BR Summers, speedy progress indeed!
  • Options
    Ironpump1 said:

Funny you mention this I was looking at my results per stake level the other day and seen that I had a -£460 period, compared to my worst losing period on £22's only being -£240.

Great work on the BR Summers, speedy progress indeed!
    Thanks @Ironpump1,

Yeah the competition is definitely tougher when you move up the stakes. I took a couple shots and I am -£100 now in my last two sessions but it happens and is all part of the journey.

You managed to shake off that small downswing though and are performing very well mate.
  • Options
    Hello,

Have not been updating this thread recently as I stopped playing for most of June due to final Uni exams and celebrations. University was some of the best years of my life but happy to be done and receive my final results on Monday.

Started playing again this past week as I got the bug back after watching Daniel Negreanu's vlogs, and watching some WSOP content on PokerGo which I would recommend everyone getting - Nick Schulman's commentary on some of the events is outstanding.

As for this week I managed a second in the 9:30 Rebuy BH on Tuesday then luckboxed the £55 Sheriff BH (Won £3 all in sat) after being down to 1/4 of a big blind on the FT. As a result the BR stands at £1240 and this challenge is now complete. I appreciate everyone's well wishes and tips.

Anyone have any advice on what to do next?

The rough plan is to keep playing lower stakes but adding the £33BH into the schedule as well as playing more sats into the £55BH/£110 events. Maybe the next target is something like £5k!

Ollie
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    Great work, very well done indeed. Hope the uni results are just as positive. gg
  • Options
    Ironpump1Ironpump1 Member Posts: 177

Hello,

Have not been updating this thread recently as I stopped playing for most of June due to final Uni exams and celebrations. University was some of the best years of my life but happy to be done and receive my final results on Monday.

Started playing again this past week as I got the bug back after watching Daniel Negreanu's vlogs, and watching some WSOP content on PokerGo which I would recommend everyone getting - Nick Schulman's commentary on some of the events is outstanding.

As for this week I managed a second in the 9:30 Rebuy BH on Tuesday then luckboxed the £55 Sheriff BH (Won £3 all in sat) after being down to 1/4 of a big blind on the FT. As a result the BR stands at £1240 and this challenge is now complete. I appreciate everyone's well wishes and tips.

Anyone have any advice on what to do next?

The rough plan is to keep playing lower stakes but adding the £33BH into the schedule as well as playing more sats into the £55BH/£110 events. Maybe the next target is something like £5k!

Ollie

Brilliant work dude! that was a fun sheriff FT to rail after I bust out in fourth to a filthy three outer on the river, congrats again.

From your BR I would be playing the £5.50's, 11's and the nightly main (1 bullet) as well as the multi seat sats to the main, sheriff, summit and major.

I have never been that strict with my BR though I know some who follow the 100 buy in rule pretty closely, thats not really for me. I've had quite a few rough sessions these last couple of months where most nights I'm left one tabling the mini which I just cannot do I always just punt it off because I can't be arsed running deep only to finish 14th for £25.... I should improve my metal game.
  • Options
    Thanks @MynaFrett and @Ironpump1.

Yeah it was a fun one, and yes BR management is tricky, withdrew some for personal use but still have £660 in after leaving myself £800 originally. Think I will play all £5.50 with a couple £11 and sats into the main for now. May fire the main sometimes tho if I am feeling gambley.