You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I thought this was an interesting hand..... What should I do?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited May 2019
    This hand was early on (around 8 minutes in) in the Major semi......I wanted to call this one v. Phil, but decided that I didn't want to go out/be left really short in the Major semi so early, so I laid 'the Ladies' down......AGAIN :/
    Should I have called??
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    alio1988Small blind10.0010.001940.00
    IMAF1SHBig blind20.0030.002140.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    Haydenx37Fold
    MISTY4MERaise60.0090.002060.00
    EssexphilCall60.00150.001880.00
    alio1988Fold
    IMAF1SHFold
    Flop
    MISTY4MEBet112.50262.501947.50
    EssexphilCall112.50375.001767.50
    Turn
    MISTY4MEBet220.00595.001727.50
    EssexphilRaise440.001035.001327.50
    MISTY4MECall220.001255.001507.50
    River
    MISTY4MECheck
    EssexphilAll-in1327.502582.500.00
    MISTY4MEFold
    EssexphilMuck
    EssexphilWin1255.001255.00
    EssexphilReturn1327.500.002582.50
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    edited May 2019
    Ok. For me this is a fold in this situation (early stage of a semi) as I think we are behind too many times to call the all in.
    I like the river check as I feel once hes raised the turn we cant put any more chips in the pot.
    Considering he was otb I feel that A 10 s makes the most sense as its too weak to reraise but, with position probably too strong to lay down to a single raise although I suppose he could've been mining with 4 4 (I haven't really played with Phil so have no notes ).
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    It is important not to be too results-oriented.

I think that there are arguments for both calling and folding.
    But I had 22 :)
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    @MISTY4ME

jezza

My general experiences with QQ and your couple of recent losses with said bi tches meant you were were negatively influenced...poorly u pussee!

For my benefit(if only to work out your game for the next time we meet...muhahahaha)

Why bet/call the reraise on the turn, if you thought you were behind??...methinks Phil really had pocket 6's, a 4 or a 10 for him to shove and he just said 22 just to wind you up!

OR it was a great move to play on your insecurities about going out of a tourney so early...an insecurity I don't have as I seem to go out even earlier these days!!

IF the exsecondhandcardealerfromEssexposingasaretiredsolicitor had shoved post flop or post turn would you have called? Pre and post flop I reckon you would have!! Post turn

Then again whatthefuckdoIknow??

Phil...pm me the hand and if correct..I'm not worthy and I salute you Sir!
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    We're in a miles ahead/miles behind situation on the turn, which is the pivotal street here and its probably here where we should decide what we're doing with the hand on the river (bearing in mind there are zero draws)

Preserving chips is obv the key, so calling turn to then fold river just looks wasteful.

Appears like you've kinda found yourself in no mans land by river, and concerned about busting early so you elect to fold. Which is fine, but possibly a street too late.

I think this is one of those hands where calling river is fine, and folding turn is fine, but the real decision isn't actually when facing the all in.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    Interesting insights.... Thanks for the help
    Yes I was defo in No Mans Land..... and a 'Death or Glory' situation which Poker always comes down to eventually I suppose. I was going to reveal after a few answers, that you had 2-2 Phil (as you told me just after), and I do believe you even if Danny doesn't :)

Nice play.... no doubt I'll call you when you do have 'The NUTS' !
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    MISTY4ME said:

Yes I was defo in No Mans Land..... and a 'Death or Glory' situation which Poker always comes down to eventually I suppose. I was going to reveal after a few answers, that you had 2-2 Phil (as you told me just after), and I do believe you even if Danny doesn't :)

When bluffing, it is vital to be able to tell a convincing story. As Hhy rightly says, it is a feast or famine situation in this spot. Fold or call is close there.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Essexphil said:

MISTY4ME said:

When bluffing, it is vital to be able to tell a convincing story. As Hhy rightly says, it is a feast or famine situation in this spot. Fold or call is close there.
    Then clearly " I'm not worthy and I salute you, Sir!" ( and more importantly, the all in shove is the sort of thing I do as well...funny though, I seem to get called..hmmph)