You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

UKOPS Day 1 Who Won What. Good start all round.

2»

Comments

• Options
    bearacebearace Member Posts: 133
    "I'll not bore readers here with my tales of derring do last night, but if time permits I'll try & find my old Diary later today & relate a tale or two from last night, including one of the oddest & most perplexing things anyone has ever said to me in the chat box. Nice like, but most unusual."

You can't leave us hanging TK
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250

Here I was thinking Tikay must have wrote something nice about me when I seen the notification :(

When are you starting the pre Vegas tasters? It's not like you have enough to do.

@Donttelmum

Be nice? Never gonna happen. ;)

Pre Vegas stuff? Any day now. I've got some good stuff lined up actually, but I seem to be chasing my tail right now, & struggling to get everything done.
  • Options
    Enut said:

'with an alias like kimdongun he should maybe make a Korea out of poker.'

Worthy of praise I feel. Excellent write ups as usual Tikay.

Thanks @Enut

It was not great, but it was the best I could manage.

I'm a little obsessed with punnery actually. Have you notice how often it is used in newspaper headlines? This is especially so in the Business section of even the "better" daily newspapers when they report annual results.

Ryanair flying high

Bumpy landing for British Airways

Google searching for answers.

Checkout Tesco's profits

And so on.

It's all very odd, & I'm not sure I like it. But then I often do it. We all do it.

Seems to be a Marmite thing, we all dislike it but we all do it.
  • Options
    kimdongun said:

Enut said:

Yep - chuckled at this.

Thanks for the write up Tikay. As mentioned at the tables I look forward to reading these even though I don't play too many MTTs usually.

It was a pleasure chatting with you and good luck for the rest of the series if you're back at it
    Thanks @kimdongun

It was great to chat at the table mate. Think it was my first game on Sky Poker in a year or more (might be wrong), and I was a little nervous tbh, but I was bowled over by how friendly & warm you all were. Was it you that flopped the nut flush against my (very) bad flush, & took me to Value Town? I felt so silly afterwards.

I clearly recall you saying that you read the reports & really enjoyed the Forum, but were more of a lurker than a poster. Don't blame you one bit, most people are the same, it's uphill to keep a forum buzzing these days as people have such a range of choices with which to spend their free time.

Rest of the series? I enjoyed the PLO so much, I might just dip my toe in again tonight, in the PLO8.

Good luck to you, too.
  • Options
    avix said:

Great read, really appreciate the effort you put into these Tikay.

Thanks @avix, appreciated. I'm expecting big things from you during this UKOPS. Don't let me down, right?
  • Options

Good work Tikay.
    I look forward to the sequels.

Thanks @dragon1964

I'm afraid there will be sequels galore, plus "return of", "strikes back", "Part 2/3/4" etc.

Hope you enjoy today's Forum Comp, especially the intro where I big up Wales.
  • Options
    bearace said:

"I'll not bore readers here with my tales of derring do last night, but if time permits I'll try & find my old Diary later today & relate a tale or two from last night, including one of the oddest & most perplexing things anyone has ever said to me in the chat box. Nice like, but most unusual."

You can't leave us hanging TK

Morning Mr Bearrrrrrrrrrr @bearace

If time permits, I'll do it today. Promise.

• Options
    kimdongunkimdongun Member Posts: 19
    Tikay10 said:

kimdongun said:

Enut said:

Yep - chuckled at this.

Thanks for the write up Tikay. As mentioned at the tables I look forward to reading these even though I don't play too many MTTs usually.

It was a pleasure chatting with you and good luck for the rest of the series if you're back at it
    Thanks @kimdongun

It was great to chat at the table mate. Think it was my first game on Sky Poker in a year or more (might be wrong), and I was a little nervous tbh, but I was bowled over by how friendly & warm you all were. Was it you that flopped the nut flush against my (very) bad flush, & took me to Value Town? I felt so silly afterwards.

I clearly recall you saying that you read the reports & really enjoyed the Forum, but were more of a lurker than a poster. Don't blame you one bit, most people are the same, it's uphill to keep a forum buzzing these days as people have such a range of choices with which to spend their free time.

Rest of the series? I enjoyed the PLO so much, I might just dip my toe in again tonight, in the PLO8.

Good luck to you, too.
    @Tikay10 Yes that's right. I think I potted every street. To be fair I would do that with the naked Ad as well so your call isn't terrible there. I had also been very active at that table.

Good luck for the rest of it mate
  • Options

@kimdongun

Yes, I had the bare ace in my mind.

When we get that call wrong we feel such a fool, but when we get it right it feels soooo good.