You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SR23's May priorities, including reaching Priority. A diary.

Comments

• Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    Great to see you back and best of luck with it all.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,053
    Good evening Steve

Good to have this diary back.
    Always an enjoyable read.

Best of luck in hitting your targets.

• Options
    engyengy Member Posts: 723
    Good luck with this, hope you can hit all your goals
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Thanks for the good wishes and kind words, @Glenelg , @day4eire76 , @dragon1964 and @engy . I won't let you down. Well, I might do, but I'll try not to.

Get back in the live poker ring @Jac35. You love it, right? I've been really enjoying live recently - partly, admittedly, because of a £3K-ish heater but also because the games have been fun/funny.
  • Options
    The heater is real.

Profit: £137 (b/r £287)
    Hours: 7.5

It's the last bit that's the problem - need to up the hours. Got seduced by live poker again last night but at least that's two out of the 10 live sessions for the month chalked off. I realise £17 an hour at 10nl is probably unsustainable long term. Ooh, but I did add one table of 20nl earlier.

As an incentive to grind a bit harder I've decided to give away 5% of monthly profit (assuming there is some) to charity/charitable causes and an additional 5% of profit for every one of the nine goals I fail on (including getting laid). That first 10% (I'm assuming I'll fail on at least one of the goals) will be split between the food bank and a local mental health charity. Any readers got any other suggestions?

Oh, there's a caveat. There's a slight possibility I'll have to go to the Netherlands towards the middle of the month for work and will be out there for roughly ten days. I can cope with the other stuff but can't play on Sky out there (OR CAN I?*) so will have to suspend this whole challenge and have a rethink. It probably won't happen, though.

*no, I can't
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,989

Ahh, there's a worthy twist in the tail, well done Steve, the charity initiative is a great thing to do.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Don't want to derail this thread too much, but I was intrigued by this comment;

@SR23 wrote.....

a slight possibility I'll have to go to the Netherlands towards the middle of the month for work and will be out there for roughly ten days

The thread has lots of enthusiastic readers, many with a similar mischievous bent, so here's a little tongue-in-cheek quiz for you.

What might he be going to the Netherlands to do?

I confess to being quite intrigued by this.
  • Options
    Or we could do it "What's My Line" style, where we get 10 questions to which Steve can only answer yes or no.

• Options

Is it in some way nefarious?

(I do hope so).
  • Options
    SnufferSnuffer Member Posts: 3,057
    Tikay10 said:

Or we could do it "What's My Line" style, where we get 10 questions to which Steve can only answer yes or no.

Steve, has it got anything to do with the the Spring Performing Arts Festival 16-25 May? Sounds like something right up your street :)
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,031
    Enjoy the Netherlands. Task 6 in serious trouble but 50 euros for task 9 is an absolute bargain.
  • Options
    ImplicityyImplicityy Member Posts: 65
    @SR23 Live poker is the nuts :D
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Is it in some way nefarious?

(I do hope so).

Ah, I love the word nefarious. And I have done borderline-nefarious work in the past, but this is nice and benign.
  • Options
    Snuffer said:

Tikay10 said:

Steve, has it got anything to do with the the Spring Performing Arts Festival 16-25 May? Sounds like something right up your street :)
    I wish it was but sadly not. That sounds terrific.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Enjoy the Netherlands. Task 6 in serious trouble but 50 euros for task 9 is an absolute bargain.

Haha. Was hoping I could achieve task 9 a little more...organically. Let's see, shall we.
  • Options

@SR23 Live poker is the nuts :D

Woke up shouting about that hand this morning. Shouting as I'm writing this.

Cliffs: Last three hands of the night announced. Had the chips in my hand to call £200 turn bet w/A6 on 5528 board. Pot was £550-ish and I had £300 behind. I went into the tank for about a year and folded. Villain showed J6.

I'm shouting again.
  • Options
    Slender update.

Muffined off 10 or so buy-ins playing badly and running badly. Not an ideal combination the old run bad/play bad. Oh well, at least I got a few points.

Feels like I've got a few hangovers, too. Oh well, at least I had a good time. Semi-asked out a ridiculously cool/hot barmaid last night. Let's see, shall we?

Off to play the Vegas freeroll thing now then lie in bed for four/five hours and try and read a book from beginning to end. Glglgl me.

Profit: £73 (b/r £223)

• Options
    ALAN_18ALAN_18 Member Posts: 225
    edited May 2019
    SR23 said:

Slender update.

Muffined off 10 or so buy-ins playing badly and running badly. Not an ideal combination the old run bad/play bad. Oh well, at least I got a few points.

Feels like I've got a few hangovers, too. Oh well, at least I had a good time. Semi-asked out a ridiculously cool/hot barmaid last night. Let's see, shall we?

Off to play the Vegas freeroll thing now then lie in bed for four/five hours and try and read a book from beginning to end. Glglgl me.

Hi Mate, how many hours is that overall now ? Nice to see you doing well and still in profit anyway. I know it is still a small sample but I bet if you put you worked out your bb/100 win rate then it would still be pretty high. Keep up the hard work an best of luck with your Vegas Freeroll :smile:
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,465
    SR23 said:

Is this this weeks points Steve ?

If so, 6 more points for £12.50?
  • Options
    ALAN_18 said:

SR23 said:

Slender update.

Hi Mate, how many hours is that overall now ? Nice to see you doing well and still in profit anyway. I know it is still a small sample but I bet if you put you worked out your bb/100 win rate then it would still be pretty high. Keep up the hard work an best of luck with your Vegas Freeroll :smile:
    Appreciate it, thanks @ALAN_18 for the good wishes. I was something like 5/17 in the Vegas freeroll and busted 16th. Sad times, really felt it was on for a minute or two.

Think I've played something like 12 hours, will need to check though. Could have done without dusting off a bunch of buy-ins earlier but also really glad it happened today rather than at the beginning before I'd built up something of a roll, otherwise I'd be toast right about now.

Best of luck with your endeavours too, dude.