You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

* 2019 RYDER CUP * FIXTURE AND RESULTS THREAD * NB: SINGLES (1 MATCH) 4 GAMES *

Comments

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    @ALAN_18 assuming I can get hold of @Alvez11 are you OK to play at 4pm today? Also waiting to hear from @mattprawn

@MAXALLY maybe you can chase @mattprawn
  • Options
    ALAN_18ALAN_18 Member Posts: 225
    StayOrGo said:

@ALAN_18 assuming I can get hold of @Alvez11 are you OK to play at 4pm today? Also waiting to hear from @mattprawn

Yes mate I can do 4-5pm today but any later than its going to have to be tonight.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    StayOrGo said:

Matt was a player that signed up for us on your recommendation Graham ;)
    TBF, he joined so we would have enough for the singles. However, I put him in to give him a practice round. If no sign of him by Wed/Thurs, and it is holding things up, I will sub him with someone else.
  • Options
    ALAN_18 said:

StayOrGo said:

Yes mate I can do 4-5pm today but any later than its going to have to be tonight.
    OK mate. If you reg at exactly 4.01pm and @Alvez11 will join.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,298
    MAXALLY said:

StayOrGo said:

TBF, he joined so we would have enough for the singles. However, I put him in to give him a practice round. If no sign of him by Wed/Thurs, and it is holding things up, I will sub him with someone else.
    If it helps @MAXALLY, feel free to just concede the match. Saves all that bother.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

MAXALLY said:

StayOrGo said:

If it helps @MAXALLY, feel free to just concede the match. Saves all that bother.
    Floor.
  • Options
    Hi @ALAN_18 Please can you confirm that you will reg at 4.01pm.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

ALAN_18 said:

StayOrGo said:

OK mate. If you reg at exactly 4.01pm and @Alvez11 will join.
    OK mate
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,042
    @StayOrGo ok G no problem, will sort it with @IrishRose
  • Options
    @Alvez11 Im sat mate, GL
  • Options
    I believe score between @ALAN_18 and @Alvez11 was 1-1
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    edited May 2019
    SidV79 said:

I'm around for a while now @SidV79 if you're anywhere in the neighbourhood..... (Or @TheEdge949 ???)
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306
    IrishRose said:

SidV79 said:

I'm around for a while now @SidV79 if you're anywhere in the neighbourhood..... (Or @TheEdge949 ???)
    Rose...please tell me you beat the stoke donkey and the u2faker?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Hi guys. Would like to request a little feedback for "the next" Ryder Cup, should there be one.

What do you think of the format?

Is it too long, too many games?

Would we be better to just have 3 fourballs, 3 foursomes and 8 singles in the next one (assuming similar numbers) 14 matches total.

It has been hard getting players that are prepared to play 5 matches in total. Which is ultimately 7 fixtures to arrange if you count the fourballs as two fixtures per player.

Was the "full format" Ryder Cup too ambitious?

All views are welcome. Who has enjoyed playing all the matches and who has thought it a bit too much?

Is it becoming a slog or is it still fun? (Not much fun being a SOUTHERNER (score wise) right now :D )

Cheers,

Graham.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,298

Hi @StayOrGo

I can't really comment too much as I have no complaints, & generally, in life in general, I'm not really into complaining much. (Guess I'm not really a proper poker player). If I like something, I stay with it, if I don't, I go elsewhere.

I've enjoyed the few games I've played very much, & I enjoy reading the thread bants both here & via the PM string too.

I'd certainly play it again if invited, & would not be fussed whatever format you chose.
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

Hi guys. Would like to request a little feedback for "the next" Ryder Cup, should there be one.

What do you think of the format?

Is it too long, too many games?

Would we be better to just have 3 fourballs, 3 foursomes and 8 singles in the next one (assuming similar numbers) 14 matches total.

It has been hard getting players that are prepared to play 5 matches in total. Which is ultimately 7 fixtures to arrange if you count the fourballs as two fixtures per player.

Was the "full format" Ryder Cup too ambitious?

All views are welcome. Who has enjoyed playing all the matches and who has thought it a bit too much?

Is it becoming a slog or is it still fun? (Not much fun being a SOUTHERNER (score wise) right now :D )

Cheers,

Graham.

What's really nice about it is, whilst everyone wants to win every game, the cost at 1.05 per game and the banter as you play is much more fun than a real game so no carry on...
  • Options
    Hi G,
    I think that as it is the Ryder Cup then the same format as the real one should be followed and is not too ambitious. Yes, the arranging of matches can be a bit difficult at times but all in all it is a good "tourney" and is for worthwhile causes
  • Options
    SidV79 said:

Hi G,
    I think that as it is the Ryder Cup then the same format as the real one should be followed and is not too ambitious. Yes, the arranging of matches can be a bit difficult at times but all in all it is a good "tourney" and is for worthwhile causes

Hey Andy...Did Rose stuff sorry just about take you down 2-0?
  • Options
    As the winning opposing captain, here is my take on it all.
    The format is good and the price/choice of games is very fair to all who want to participate. The end causes (both charities) should be the biggest winners when all said and done. You have personally put a lot of effort into this Graham, and I applaud you for that. The friendliness/ banter is excellent in all the matches.

However, I would prefer if this was run over a couple of weeks/week ends. I know it has been frustrating at times to get players committed to times/days etc. I would like to see two teams who have available players at a given time period. ie....we play Frid - Sun in two named w/ends (for example).

All in all....all good though.

Anyway, gotta dash now....got a green jacket fitting to attend to B)
  • Options
    @madprof Highly unlikely mate as I have not played her yet lol