You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS WEEK

13»

Comments

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    edited May 2019
    Wanted to post this, so glad that the younger Royal's are opening up about Mental Health where perhaps their elder counterparts felt they were unable to do so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48317793

Hats off to them!

A Royal Team Talk: Tackling Mental Health is broadcast on Sunday, 18 May, at 22:30 on BBC One.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Thanks for posting this Graham, huge respect for doing so and opening yourself up for what is normal in this day and age of social media backlash.

As you know I have a kind of diary going, which helps me cope with day to day stuff ( not on this topic, other health reasons) and a huge part of my life is of course my family., my daughter has been suffering with what was first diagnosed as post natal psychosis, I personally feel awful as a father for not seeing this coming, she kept hidden from us the voices which were telling her to kill herself and that her child would be better off if she wasn’t alive.

It’s been 2 years of constant pain, for her much much worse, as it’s with you every second of the day, to try to put on a “brave face “ must in itself be mentally exhausting.
    She saw countless “experts”, some good, some not so good ( IMO )

My wife and I have tried to be there for her, I have slept on the couch in the front room with the doors locked because we knew there was a chance she would get up during the night and go out never to be seen again. We have taken time off work to look after her and our gorgeous grandson, it is relentless.
    I’m not saying what we have to do to get a “well done”, I’m trying ( probably unsuccessfully) to convey how this affects everyone around, how much the person is loved when they think they are alone in the world.

My daughter is a very pretty girl, is a very intelligent girl, has a wicked sense of humour and loves her child as much as any mother could, this horrible thing can strike anyone at anytime and I hope and pray that she can return to the lovely person she was before this struck.

• Options
    My heart goes out to you, your wife and your daughter @tomgoodun

I will send you a PM
  • Options
    mumsie said:
    Awesome, thanks for posting this @mumsie
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    What a great post Graham, so pleased you got this chat going, sure it has helped a lot of folk to understand problems many face, and has def uplifted my spirits.
    I will need to add a lot of comments in my notes, it appears Sky poker has a load
    of great thoughtful people playing, as well as top play at the tables.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2019
  • Options