You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Players set high RNG by skypoker, cheating/colluding

2»

Comments

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Dont you have more important things to do tk? Like, oh i dont know....losing some £££s playing poker
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    The good old days
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,083

Here's another example of the hoops we need to jump through in Gaming these days.

On Sunday, we held the SPT Las Vegas in The Venetian Card Room in Las Vegas.

I've done, literally, hundreds of Live updates over the last 15 years. Many for Sky Poker, but even more for my own website, elsewhere. Hundreds of them. They all have the same thing in common - lots of photos of "hands" & piles of chips.

But when I arrived on Sunday, the TD told me "NO pictures of chips, NO pictures of cards. Compliance won't allow it, due to Nevada Gaming Law".

WTF?

I pushed back, & met with a succession of more senior Managers, but they would not budge. Eventually, I was warned once, warned again, & then given a Final Warning. "Any more, & you will be asked to leave the premises ".

This is one example of how strict Compliance in these days in some places. I had to yield on Sunday, as I could not afford for Sky Poker to be in trouble with the GC. Sackable offence that.

Meanwhile, folks think Sky Poker favour certain players, & deliberately set out to defraud it's customers, hoping that they can keep it a secret for 12 years & the GC will never find out.....

If I said what I really thought about that I'd be in a world of trouble, as we are obliged to be polite & respectful to our customers. It's a one way street these days, punters can be as rude as they like, but we have to be respectful. Does not seem right to me, but there it is.

Make sure you are around the day I get handed my notice. I might be able to speak my mind then.....
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Glenelg said:

Dont you have more important things to do tk? Like, oh i dont know....losing some £££s playing poker

Certainly do. I rarely bite, but it caught me wrong this morning. It's bang wrong that folks can suggest the Business is dishonest.

OK, idiots say dumb things, but Step7 is not an idiot, far from it.

• Options
    step7step7 Member Posts: 298
    But when I arrived on Sunday, the TD told me "NO pictures of chips, NO pictures of cards. Compliance won't allow it, due to Nevada Gaming Law".
    That's madness, reminiscent of cigarette packaging/ads. What next? Pictures of degenerate poker players, broke and homeless?
  • Options
    ^^^^

I'd never heard such a thing in my life, but it's compliance, you can't ague with them, they are in charge these days. Presumably they turn a blind eye to "favoured players" though.