You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Forum Triple Takedown - Sky Poker Tokens to won!!

Comments

• bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701

Mike. I haven't received my tokens as yet. Any idea when I might get them?

was it just the monthly that was missing or did the weekly ones not go in either?
    edited November 2021
    Have heard back from @j3ono he's had some technical issues, you've not been forgotten - except when he forgot to sort the monthly tokens :smile:

He apologises and will sort ASAP, keep your eyes open over the coming days.

Mike
  • j3onoj3ono Member Posts: 2,072
    Apoloiges for the delay, monthly prizes have just been emailed.
    Rungolden :)

Here's Monday's (1st Nov) results:

1st @Asho28 who wins £25 in tokens
    2nd @wallfan88 who wins £10
    3rd @WAREZ who wins £5
    Congrats guys and well played :smile:

Here's the full list of players that qualified for the comp:

Thanks to everyone who played and thanks as ever to @j3ono and @luvBWFC for back-office support.

Cheers

Mike

Here's Monday's (8th Nov) results:

Going to be a bit busy over the weekend so getting this down earlier this week.

Results are in.

1st @johnfrum who wins £25 in tokens
    2nd @Largearce who wins £10
    3rd @Card4Life who wins £5

Here's the full list of players that qualified for the comp this week:

Thanks to everyone who played and thanks as ever to @j3ono and @luvBWFC for back-office support.

Cheers

Mike
  • johnfrumjohnfrum Member Posts: 94
    Hi Mike, not had any tokens from last week yet. Can you enquire for me please.
    johnfrum said:

Most certainly. Apologies to anyone still waiting on prizes, I have absolutely nothing to do with the awarding of tokens and it usually just bobs along nicely. Please be patient and I’ll send another begging letter to @j3ono who will send a begging letter to the office :)
  • j3onoj3ono Member Posts: 2,072
    johnfrum said:

That's starnge, as all done. will sort Monday for you :)
    edited November 2021

Here's Monday's (15th Nov) results:

Very impressive scores from our podium placers this week, a thrilling finish.

1st @-Stuey- who wins £25 in tokens
    2nd @luvBWFC who wins £10
    3rd @johnfrum who wins £5

Cheers

Mike

• BoomswitchBoomswitch Member Posts: 388
    bbMike said:

was it just the monthly that was missing or did the weekly ones not go in either?
    Didn't get any & still haven't.

bbMike said:

Oh God, I thought Jon had actioned all the remaining ones that were missed. I don't have any visibility of what's been requested or processed but I'll give Jon a firmer nudge.

Here's Monday's (22nd Nov) results:

Switch flicked, congrats David.

1st @Boomswitch who wins £25 in tokens
    2nd @SoLack who wins £10
    3rd @hhammerhea who wins £5

Cheers

Mike
  • BoomswitchBoomswitch Member Posts: 388
    bbMike said:

bbMike said:

Oh God, I thought Jon had actioned all the remaining ones that were missed. I don't have any visibility of what's been requested or processed but I'll give Jon a firmer nudge.
    bbMike said:

bbMike said:

Thanks Mike
  • thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    Can i enter please

Here's Monday's (29th November) results:

Another impressive outing for @-Stuey- making 2 FTs to secure the win.

1st @-Stuey- who wins £25 in tokens
    2nd @Largearce who wins £10
    3rd @MAXALLY who wins £5

And that was November.

The monthly result is as follows:

70 players had a go this month, generating prizes for the top 7 with 3 qualifying scores.

1st @-Stuey- wins £30 in tokens
    2nd @Largearce wins £20
    3rd @johnfrum wins £10
    4th-7th places win £5 @MAXALLY @Asho28 @Boomswitch @giesahaun

Here's the full list of everyone who played at least 3 times in the month and were therefore eligible for the monthly prizes:

Thanks again to all those that have played and supported the comp throughout the years, please note that December is likely to mark the end of the Forum Triple Takedown competition, I'm sure @j3ono will be along to confirm.

There are many other forum competitions to get involved with, and space to create further initiatives for those that want to build something new. Best of luck for December and for your poker in 2022.

Mike.

• Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    @bbMike

Will wait to see what @j3ono says, but would be a huge shame if the Takedown competition stopped at the end of this month. Although numbers have declined a little bit in previous months, there are still plenty of us who take part most weeks and really enjoy playing. Don't know if it's an issue of time constraints running it all, but is there anything that we can do to help keep the Takedowns running?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766
    Asho28 said:

@bbMike

Will wait to see what @j3ono says, but would be a huge shame if the Takedown competition stopped at the end of this month. Although numbers have declined a little bit in previous months, there are still plenty of us who take part most weeks and really enjoy playing. Don't know if it's an issue of time constraints running it all, but is there anything that we can do to help keep the Takedowns running?

@Asho28 @bbMike @j3ono

Let's wait & see what j3ono says - at present I'm not aware why this is possibly going to end.

I'm also not familiar with how this one works, but - depending on various things, & what j3ono says - I MAY be able to assist.
    I believe this is simply a case of those that have helped to run the competition want/need to free themselves up, it’s not that Sky or anyone have asked it to be discontinued. It’s not a lot of work to pull results each week and month, perhaps a little more effort coordinating the crediting of prizes, so if anyone wanted to take on the responsibilities perhaps it can be saved.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766
    bbMike said:

I believe this is simply a case of those that have helped to run the competition want/need to free themselves up, it’s not that Sky or anyone have asked it to be discontinued. It’s not a lot of work to pull results each week and month, perhaps a little more effort coordinating the crediting of prizes, so if anyone wanted to take on the responsibilities perhaps it can be saved.

@bbMike @j3ono

Well it's a Community Comp so it needs someone to run it, & to be fair, j3ono has been doing it for years so deserves a break.

If someone reliable is prepared to step up to the plate & take it over, I'm happy to take over the responsibility of sorting out the prizes. Currently these have to be sent to @Sky__James who awards Tokens.

However, that would change. My suggestion would be to leave James out of the equation - awarding these Tokens is Admin heavy for him & I'm quite sure he has better things to do with his Management time. So I'd take care of the prizes, however, we would NOT Award Tokens as I don't have that ability. Instead, it'd be like all the other Forum Comps, in that the winners simply tell me what they want to play, & when, & I register them.

Over to you guys.
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,514
    If someone collates the results (?). I dont mind being the middle man and sorting out the list of winners for @Tikay10 . To keep the numbers flowing, free entry into the following week's FTT games could be incorporated into the prize structure to help ease this process.

It would be a shame not to continue this community competition , but can see why @j3ono needs to retire now he has hit 80 years old.