You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Multi way "all in" early game in BH.

Comments

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    oynutter said:

I'm talking about spots where you double up with 90% odds, eg, aa vs aq when the flop comes 52q and the turn comes3 ect, many such spots.

I'm not the only player that finds a fold 4way in that spot surely? eg allan23 above

Don't think Allan post was serious
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    In a 55quid tournie, where you might win 2k, I think it's a +ev fold. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but maybe not?
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    MattBates said:

oynutter said:

I'm talking about spots where you double up with 90% odds, eg, aa vs aq when the flop comes 52q and the turn comes3 ect, many such spots.

I'm not the only player that finds a fold 4way in that spot surely? eg allan23 above

Don't think Allan post was serious
    How did you know?
  • Options
    oynutter said:

I see your point but these sorts of set ups happen rarely where we are able to get all the money in with 90% or whatever. What happens when you have aq on a Q93? Do you just snap fold everything that isn’t the basic nuts or is gonna have 90%? In any MTT (as Essexphil says that isn’t a satellite or something) folding AA pre is a huge no-no. It’s even a get in in a 2.20 deep stack

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Allan, I'm not folding in most games, certainly not in a 2.20, or 5 quid game, but in a 55 quid game where it's 2k for the winner, I still think the chances of winning are better without taking a 4way flip in the early stages of a well structured tournament.
  • Options
    oynutter said:

Thanks Allan, I'm not folding in most games, certainly not in a 2.20, or 5 quid game, but in a 55 quid game where it's 2k for the winner, I still think the chances of winning are better without taking a 4way flip in the early stages of a well structured tournament.

The skill level in a 55 (especially on sky) will be a lot higher than any 5.50 or 2.20. That’s even MORE reason to get in anything that is in any way plus ev (AA included) - you aren’t gonna find easy risk free double up spots no matter the structure
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    But it's hardly risk free in a 50/50 scenario, half the time you lose the lot innit.
  • Options
    oynutter said:

But it's hardly risk free in a 50/50 scenario, half the time you lose the lot innit.

50% of the time you lose and 50% you 4x your money. Surely is a no brainer?
  • Options
    I think you massively overestimating your edge in any game if you think you can find a better spot.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

I think you massively overestimating your edge in any game if you think you can find a better spot.

Hi Matt, I think it may be because I usually play much smaller stakes, I have a good edge in small games, but I'm certainly aware that my edge quickly disappears when playing bigger games
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,773
    oynutter said:

MattBates said:

Hi Matt, I think it may be because I usually play much smaller stakes, I have a good edge in small games, but I'm certainly aware that my edge quickly disappears when playing bigger games
    Great thread guys.

Floppa - if your edge reduces in higher stake games, which it clearly must do, then surely all the more reason to take these spots?

Many of us - certainly me - play a bit scared at higher stakes, & I think this is a fundamental error. It's counter-intuitive, but it's so much more important to gamble in these spots if we think the field has an edge on us.

• Options
    Hi Tikay, you're right there of-course, but I only got 50 quid left in my bankroll lol---- I took a bad flip at spt brighton trying to double up to 200k -- ended up doing two rebuys. Then financial disaster ensued when I tried to rent a flat, still not recovered --- Yeah, playing too tight is bad for sure, won't be playing the big boys till I got a proper roll again. Just feels wrong to take a 4way flip when trying to win a 2k tournament.
  • Options
    Don't forget, I am a proper Nutter! :D
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    Thanks guys, some great feedback exactly what I was looking for, thank you.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,773
    edited October 2019
    oynutter said:

It has been noted mate. ;)

You'll be fine, you always find a way to bounce back & overcome challenges. Proper bloke, you. Mad, but proper.
  • Options
    JJBinks said:

Nice one binks! Are you flippin mad in these spots then, or what?- :)
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

oynutter said:

It has been noted mate. ;)

You'll be fine, you always find a way to bounce back & overcome challenges. Proper bloke, you. Mad, but proper.
    Hopefully, bouncing back is what I do best lol. One more bounce for the road!
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    oynutter said:

JJBinks said:

Nice one binks! Are you flippin mad in these spots then, or what?- :)
    Probably to standard to be fair. Cant lose what you don't put in the middle.
  • Options
    Could someone tell me how to do those @somebody taggy things? I want to have a go at Matt when I lose a 4way flip for the rest of my roll lol
  • Options
    WOOPS! i THINK i SUSSED IT! Cheers lads! floppa whoppa!