You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Manchester Live Update

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,086

Sky poker is amazing everyone, come play on this platform it’s really fair and you don’t get bad beats 9 times out of 10 come play enjoy the fun 👍 is that ok ?

No.
    Because this is a thread all about SPT Manchester.
    Where lots of people meet up, play poker, drink lots, and generally have a lot of fun.
    And you post stuff that is totally irrelevant to this thread.
    If you don't trust the site, don't play. simple. Even for you.
  • Options
    XXDREXELXXXXDREXELXX Member Posts: 76
    Essexphil said:

Do you have to praise the site to be allowed on here ? If not your not welcome ?

No. But in your case we'd all like to make an exception.
    Are you discriminating against me ? Is that allowed ? Are you allowed to hurt my feelings on a thread ? Surely that’s out of order !! Are you bullying me because that’s how it feels, anymore bullying and I will report you 👍
  • Options
    If I want to post about mouldy bananas on this thread I’ll go right ahead, are you saying I can only post if it’s spt related ?

Do you have to praise the site to be allowed on here ? If not your not welcome ?

You live in topsy turvy land or something? Ppl don't get frustrated with you for not praising the site. The frustration stems from you constantly accusing Sky Poker of having nefarious intentions.
    I merely pointed out that there is no traffic which seems to be the case as satellites getting cancelled all day it’s an observation that I have expressed to my dear precious poker compadres I haven’t accused sky of anything in this thread maybe you have taken it out of context that’s your problem not mine 👍 to anyone reading this thread who is new to poker then I recommend sky poker it’s fantastic nothing dodgy about it at all get your chips in good and you definitely not get bad beated 90% of the time 👍 all hail sky 👍 p.s if you read this as me being sarcastic then I’m not being. Honest 👍
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    hey Drex maybe start a thread on the sats not filling up to get your point across instead of posting it on this one ,you,re always negative and you,re bringing this positive thread down imo
  • Options
    stokefc said:

hey Drex maybe start a thread on the sats not filling up to get your point across instead of posting it on this one ,you,re always negative and you,re bringing this positive thread down imo

My last post was positive 👍
  • Options
    P.S well done to all the players who made it past level 1 at the SPT, super proud of you guys 👍
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    edited February 2020
    @XXDREXELXX mate you seem ok at the tables. you also have a good run of profit. just chill a little, we all have bad luck and we all get good luck.

i don't think that you really believe the site is rigged as you would not play here if you did, and you seem to be a winning player so makes no sense.

just got to take the ups and downs and learn from them or move on. some good people on this site and can have a good laugh. forum can be a really good place to as lots of comps going.

people will help you out if you ask for it, just dont go burning bridges for no reasons.

gl at the tables mate and hope it works out for you

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    You must be feeling the Love by now .......... we all sends you a Hug .
  • Options
    MARK277MARK277 Member Posts: 110

P.S well done to all the players who made it past level 1 at the SPT, super proud of you guys 👍

thanks very much super proud of myself also
  • Options
    ckd said:

@XXDREXELXX mate you seem ok at the tables. you also have a good run of profit. just chill a little, we all have bad luck and we all get good luck.

i don't think that you really believe the site is rigged as you would not play here if you did, and you seem to be a winning player so makes no sense.

just got to take the ups and downs and learn from them or move on. some good people on this site and can have a good laugh. forum can be a really good place to as lots of comps going.

people will help you out if you ask for it, just dont go burning bridges for no reasons.

Total respect ckd .... I shall butt out of your forum leave you guys to it, I had my say it all got a bit out of hand but it’s done. Gl at the tables 👍
  • Options
    @XXDREXELXX i hope you don't stop using the forum as it can be fun and pass the time. all the best at the tables mate and hope you run well ( unless you are playing me )
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited February 2020
    madprof said:

MISTY4ME said:

Madprof has just hit a Straight Flush when 9h came on River, 7h-8h-x on flop, he was holding Jh-Th .......and he got paid ;)

He's on 43K

Genuinely..One of my mention weak strengths is how to get best value/bet so any advice on bet sizing for the above hand would be mucho appreciated...

Context

100/200, raised to 600 preflop- I called ( early doors and they look so pretty) 3 handed to the flop
    Pot 1800

Flop gave me gut shot straight flush draw and flush draw, I bet 2100, I call- heads up pot 6k

Turn Qh giving me the flush , 1 bet 2100, he calls..pot now 10,200

River 9h( yes I made a mess in me pants) 🤪I just knew he would bet so I checked....Should I have raised here and how much to a pot of 10,200....what gobsmacked then was HIS bet size...600

I re-raised to 6k, representing either a steal or a flush or I don’t know what I’m doing( please delete as appropriate), hoping he has the K or the A of hearts, he calls with a K flush then sulks a little SO

Where and how could I have got more chips via my bet sizing? Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t unhappy about the outcome but given his bet size and now knowing he had the King flush, what size of bet on the turn or the river might have induced him to go over the top OR

did I get lucky with his call on the river.....thoughts?🤔 @MattBates ?? You’re normally good at making me put in more chips than I think I should

Thanks in anticipation 💩
    I'm guessing you are OOP as caller and getting maximum value here is never gonna be easy.

I'd start by 3betting pre, donking flop or x/R. This allows you to see your equity vs a villians range, it also enables you to keep your hand hidden meaning you can value bet big when they do hit.
    As played calling the flop it's clear you have got something weak or a flush draw, I like the turn donk but the bet size explains clearly you are targetting the weaker end of the villians range.
    On the river itself as played I'd do a thin value bet with plan to RR because here you can get value from his weaker combos and should expect him to Raise with plan to call any Ah.

I have a similar problem myself getting maximium value with my strength and the main cause of this issue appears to be allowing the villian to do the betting. I had a chat with with feelgroggy and what he says playing as caller is really hard both as bluffs and as value, whereas playing as 3better enables you to see how well your equity stands vs a villians range meaning you will have a much better idea how well to value bet and/or bluff
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    Thanks all for another graet SPT, I look forward to meet you all at brighton.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    ckd said:

Agreed...its the only platform `I've found where the forum peeps are supportive and welcoming to each other, especially in person at the SPT last weekend, which is what this particular thread was for...I'm sure Tikay and Sky are happy for you to post whatever is your beef, as long as its only once and respectful...

Why not try some of the SPT sats, win a seat to Brighton, meet up, lets have a beer

GLGL

ps If something in my life, I really don't get on with...I change it...give the sats a try
  • Options
    craigcu12 said:

madprof said:

MISTY4ME said:

Madprof has just hit a Straight Flush when 9h came on River, 7h-8h-x on flop, he was holding Jh-Th .......and he got paid ;)

He's on 43K

Genuinely..One of my mention weak strengths is how to get best value/bet so any advice on bet sizing for the above hand would be mucho appreciated...

Context

100/200, raised to 600 preflop- I called ( early doors and they look so pretty) 3 handed to the flop
    Pot 1800

Flop gave me gut shot straight flush draw and flush draw, I bet 2100, I call- heads up pot 6k

Turn Qh giving me the flush , 1 bet 2100, he calls..pot now 10,200

River 9h( yes I made a mess in me pants) 🤪I just knew he would bet so I checked....Should I have raised here and how much to a pot of 10,200....what gobsmacked then was HIS bet size...600

I re-raised to 6k, representing either a steal or a flush or I don’t know what I’m doing( please delete as appropriate), hoping he has the K or the A of hearts, he calls with a K flush then sulks a little SO

Where and how could I have got more chips via my bet sizing? Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t unhappy about the outcome but given his bet size and now knowing he had the King flush, what size of bet on the turn or the river might have induced him to go over the top OR

did I get lucky with his call on the river.....thoughts?🤔 @MattBates ?? You’re normally good at making me put in more chips than I think I should

Thanks in anticipation 💩
    I'm guessing you are OOP as caller and getting maximum value here is never gonna be easy.

I'd start by 3betting pre, donking flop or x/R. This allows you to see your equity vs a villians range, it also enables you to keep your hand hidden meaning you can value bet big when they do hit.
    As played calling the flop it's clear you have got something weak or a flush draw, I like the turn donk but the bet size explains clearly you are targetting the weaker end of the villians range.
    On the river itself as played I'd do a thin value bet with plan to RR because here you can get value from his weaker combos and should expect him to Raise with plan to call any Ah.

I have a similar problem myself getting maximium value with my strength and the main cause of this issue appears to be allowing the villian to do the betting. I had a chat with with daddy (feelgroggy) and what he says playing as caller is really hard both as bluffs and as value, whereas playing as 3better enables you to see how well your equity stands vs a villians range meaning you will have a much better idea how well to value bet and/or bluff
    Thanks Craig..I'll reflect on the posts made and take even more chips off you in Brighton! ;)
  • Options
    Hi, is this normal ? QQ in the sheriff I ran into KK... out , KK in the mini marksman ran into AA , out then £5 bounty QQ ran into 77 all in pre he obvs flops a set , out another £5 bounty AA all in called by K4 he flops a king turns a king, out.. another £5 bounty KK I flop set he pushes hits runner runner flush , out... ? You think that’s random that’s just today ! Same every day every tournament for 3 months please shed some light enlighten me ? Because it simply can’t happen every time it’s not possible ?
  • Options
    @XXDREXELXX it is like that sometimes mate. now remember when you had kk and got called by qq or your aa that got called by kk.

we have all been in against aa kk qq with less and cracked it.. just one of those things.

just one of those things bud, we always remember the bad beats but forget the suckouts.

tomorrow make a list mark all the suckouts and all the bad beats and see the score.

hope it turns for you and good luck
  • Options

Hi, is this normal ? QQ in the sheriff I ran into KK... out , KK in the mini marksman ran into AA , out then £5 bounty QQ ran into 77 all in pre he obvs flops a set , out another £5 bounty AA all in called by K4 he flops a king turns a king, out.. another £5 bounty KK I flop set he pushes hits runner runner flush , out... ? You think that’s random that’s just today ! Same every day every tournament for 3 months please shed some light enlighten me ? Because it simply can’t happen every time it’s not possible ?

Can I ask? serious question....Every time?? Every day for 3 months??

Surely you have also had the same run going for you, when you were so far behind by the time the river comes, you've won?...I have

The first 3 eg seem to happen to me as well, with the K4 the only one that is harsh...when I'm in a bad run, I jokingly ask for my RNG button to be turned on!

I hope your luck turns soon -yes luck- as it's not doing your health any good...

GL, satellite in and come to Brighton, play a live Sky tournament, then call the guy with your pocket 10's and he's bluffing with J3 suited, hitting 2 jacks on the flop and a 3 on the river and that's my £550 buy-in shafted! The cards run against you, the cards run for you...
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    you,re just running bad it,ll turn
  • Options
    Someone explain how this works if I’ve got JJ they have QQ if I have QQ they have KK if I have KK they have AA and worse still if I have AA they have KK they suck out if I have KK they have QQ they suck out if I have QQ they have JJ they suck out ? If I have AK they have AJ they suck out if I have AQ they have AJ they suck out ? If I have over pair to under pair they hit a set if I have under pair to over pair they hold ? Please explain how that literally happens 99% of the time I’m really intrigued ? It’s against the law maths ?