You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Manchester Live Update

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    XXDREXELXXXXDREXELXX Member Posts: 76
    I’ll tell you how it happens because the site is bent as F@@K
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,298

Someone explain how this works if I’ve got JJ they have QQ if I have QQ they have KK if I have KK they have AA and worse still if I have AA they have KK they suck out if I have KK they have QQ they suck out if I have QQ they have JJ they suck out ? If I have AK they have AJ they suck out if I have AQ they have AJ they suck out ? If I have over pair to under pair they hit a set if I have under pair to over pair they hold ? Please explain how that literally happens 99% of the time I’m really intrigued ? It’s against the law maths ?

Ah....so it doesn't happen every time, according to your maths you win one? ;)

Take a few days off, I'd suggest......come back with a clean slate, take @ckd's advice and make the ups and downs...I bet if you are honest they will average out

GL

• Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    just take some time off mate. come back fresh and see how it goes, if you still feel it is not working just cash out.

no point in getting ill over it as no amount of money is worth that.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    craigcu12 said:

I had a chat with with daddy (feelgroggy) and what he says playing as caller is really hard both as bluffs and as value, whereas playing as 3better enables you to see how well your equity stands vs a villians range meaning you will have a much better idea how well to value bet and/or bluff

I told you to only call me that in private Craig!
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

Someone explain how this works if I’ve got JJ they have QQ if I have QQ they have KK if I have KK they have AA and worse still if I have AA they have KK they suck out if I have KK they have QQ they suck out if I have QQ they have JJ they suck out ? If I have AK they have AJ they suck out if I have AQ they have AJ they suck out ? If I have over pair to under pair they hit a set if I have under pair to over pair they hold ? Please explain how that literally happens 99% of the time I’m really intrigued ? It’s against the law maths ?

I don't think anyone can, it is as if it doesn't happen 99% of the time
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    madprof said:

MISTY4ME said:

Madprof has just hit a Straight Flush when 9h came on River, 7h-8h-x on flop, he was holding Jh-Th .......and he got paid ;)

He's on 43K

Genuinely..One of my mention weak strengths is how to get best value/bet so any advice on bet sizing for the above hand would be mucho appreciated...

Context

100/200, raised to 600 preflop- I called ( early doors and they look so pretty) 3 handed to the flop
    Pot 1800

Flop gave me gut shot straight flush draw and flush draw, I bet 2100, I call- heads up pot 6k

Turn Qh giving me the flush , 1 bet 2100, he calls..pot now 10,200

River 9h( yes I made a mess in me pants) 🤪I just knew he would bet so I checked....Should I have raised here and how much to a pot of 10,200....what gobsmacked then was HIS bet size...600

I re-raised to 6k, representing either a steal or a flush or I don’t know what I’m doing( please delete as appropriate), hoping he has the K or the A of hearts, he calls with a K flush then sulks a little SO

Where and how could I have got more chips via my bet sizing? Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t unhappy about the outcome but given his bet size and now knowing he had the King flush, what size of bet on the turn or the river might have induced him to go over the top OR

did I get lucky with his call on the river.....thoughts?🤔 @MattBates ?? You’re normally good at making me put in more chips than I think I should

Thanks in anticipation 💩
    Whenever you play as the aggressor things are a lot easier but J10 suited in position is fine to be flatting with pre. Does depend a lot on table dynamics with so much of any hand. The cards and run out etc are important but how active players are, perceptions of players involved amongst other things are important.

Bit confused by flop action. I bet 2100, I call?

Will go through the rest of the hand once I know this as it can effect how the hand plays later on.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,298
    MattBates said:

madprof said:

MISTY4ME said:

Madprof has just hit a Straight Flush when 9h came on River, 7h-8h-x on flop, he was holding Jh-Th .......and he got paid ;)

He's on 43K

Genuinely..One of my mention weak strengths is how to get best value/bet so any advice on bet sizing for the above hand would be mucho appreciated...

Context

100/200, raised to 600 preflop- I called ( early doors and they look so pretty) 3 handed to the flop
    Pot 1800

Flop gave me gut shot straight flush draw and flush draw, I bet 2100, I call- heads up pot 6k

Turn Qh giving me the flush , 1 bet 2100, he calls..pot now 10,200

River 9h( yes I made a mess in me pants) 🤪I just knew he would bet so I checked....Should I have raised here and how much to a pot of 10,200....what gobsmacked then was HIS bet size...600

I re-raised to 6k, representing either a steal or a flush or I don’t know what I’m doing( please delete as appropriate), hoping he has the K or the A of hearts, he calls with a K flush then sulks a little SO

Where and how could I have got more chips via my bet sizing? Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t unhappy about the outcome but given his bet size and now knowing he had the King flush, what size of bet on the turn or the river might have induced him to go over the top OR

did I get lucky with his call on the river.....thoughts?🤔 @MattBates ?? You’re normally good at making me put in more chips than I think I should

Thanks in anticipation 💩
    Whenever you play as the aggressor things are a lot easier but J10 suited in position is fine to be flatting with pre. Does depend a lot on table dynamics with so much of any hand. The cards and run out etc are important but how active players are, perceptions of players involved amongst other things are important.

Bit confused by flop action. I bet 2100, I call?

Will go through the rest of the hand once I know this as it can effect how the hand plays later on.
    Hi Matt, sorry it should read I bet 2100 and I got 1 caller so after my post flop bet I was heads up.

My continuation bet of the same value -when I had the Q flush was to try to establish where I was in the hand, eg if he had re-raised/shoved I could have got away lightly...unlikely as I probably would have called it!
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited February 2020

craigcu12 said:

I had a chat with with (feelgroggy) and what he says playing as caller is really hard both as bluffs and as value, whereas playing as 3better enables you to see how well your equity stands vs a villians range meaning you will have a much better idea how well to value bet and/or bluff

I told you to only call me that in private Craig!
    Apologies, my memory it's like a sieve. I cannot even remember my mobile phone number
    do not tell me secrets at all ever
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,043
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    I never knew @Tikay10 was a scouser @HAYSIE ;)

That is a great post tournament report. Well played.