You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Vegas - An update

Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
We wanted to provide an update regarding SPT Vegas amid the current global situation.

The Vegas trip is one of the highlights of the year on Sky Poker and we are committed to doing everything possible to ensure that we will still have an SPT Vegas this year.

The first thing to say is that this year’s trip will not happen in June. It is almost impossible to think that the situation will have evolved significantly enough to allow the trip to go ahead as originally planned. Secondly, I want to add that at present we do not have a concrete plan. As you can imagine it is not feasible to have one as yet. We will however be exploring all possibilities of hosting SPT Vegas later in the year, possibly in September or October. Where possible it will be exactly as advertised for June, with 7 nights in the Palazzo, a private tournament in the Venetian poker room and all of the additional entertainment.

We are currently running a series of promotions and satellites to qualify players for SPT Vegas. We have had discussions around whether these should be cancelled/ postponed but have decided to proceed with them to affirm our intention to have a 2020 SPT Vegas. We appreciate winners of the package will have a lot of questions around what it means to them and we will be in direct communication with them around our plans and how they impact them.

Sky Poker always strives to treat our customers fairly and we will continue to do so. We will give all package winners substantial notice about our plans, to give them time to plan for the trip that they have won. In the worst case scenario that SPT Vegas is cancelled nobody will lose out in any form. Appropriate compensation will be awarded to package winners. Of course we are absolutely committed to going ahead with this but there are more important things going on right now than a poker tournament.

Some of you may have questions about this or indeed about anything else that is going on right now, if you do please leave them below and we will commit to answering them where we are able to do so.

Comments

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    Sky_SamT said:

We wanted to provide an update regarding SPT Vegas amid the current global situation.

The Vegas trip is one of the highlights of the year on Sky Poker and we are committed to doing everything possible to ensure that we will still have an SPT Vegas this year.

The first thing to say is that this year’s trip will not happen in June. It is almost impossible to think that the situation will have evolved significantly enough to allow the trip to go ahead as originally planned. Secondly, I want to add that at present we do not have a concrete plan. As you can imagine it is not feasible to have one as yet. We will however be exploring all possibilities of hosting SPT Vegas later in the year, possibly in September or October. Where possible it will be exactly as advertised for June, with 7 nights in the Palazzo, a private tournament in the Venetian poker room and all of the additional entertainment.

We are currently running a series of promotions and satellites to qualify players for SPT Vegas. We have had discussions around whether these should be cancelled/ postponed but have decided to proceed with them to affirm our intention to have a 2020 SPT Vegas. We appreciate winners of the package will have a lot of questions around what it means to them and we will be in direct communication with them around our plans and how they impact them.

Sky Poker always strives to treat our customers fairly and we will continue to do so. We will give all package winners substantial notice about our plans, to give them time to plan for the trip that they have won. In the worst case scenario that SPT Vegas is cancelled nobody will lose out in any form. Appropriate compensation will be awarded to package winners. Of course we are absolutely committed to going ahead with this but there are more important things going on right now than a poker tournament.

Some of you may have questions about this or indeed about anything else that is going on right now, if you do please leave them below and we will commit to answering them where we are able to do so.

Great to have an early decision and an update, thanks
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Seems a sensible response in difficult circumstances.
  • Options
    TedsonTedson Member Posts: 60
    This seems like the right play. Do we know what would happen if someone won a package, but couldn't make the new dates? I have some things that I can't get out of in early October
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited March 2020
    Hi @Tedson

If it goes ahead later in the year, as hoped, the existing T & C's would remain in force, so I imagine that would mean the Package would be forfeited. I'll check with the Office & get back to you, but I suspect that's the case.

If you think you may not be able to make the hopefully re-arranged date, probably best not to try & win a package, though bear in mind all the Vegas Promos tend to have prize money that goes down a long way, so it can still be worth doing them.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Tikay10 said:

Hi @Tedson

If it goes ahead later in the year, as hoped, the existing T & C's would remain in force, so I imagine that would mean the Package would be forfeited. I'll check with the Office & get back to you, but I suspect that's the case.

If you think you may not be able to make the hopefully re-arranged date, probably best not to try & win a package, though bear in mind all the Vegas Promos tend to have prize money that goes down a long way, so it can still be worth doing them.

If that is indeed Sky's position, I would recommend they take urgent legal advice...
  • Options
    Tedson said:

This seems like the right play. Do we know what would happen if someone won a package, but couldn't make the new dates? I have some things that I can't get out of in early October

Hey Tedson...I admire your optimism! Well founded I know but....💩
    ( ps yes I am that chip ACM you continue to get free withdrawals from when we play)🤪
  • Options
    TedsonTedson Member Posts: 60
    madprof said:

Tedson said:

( ps yes I am that chip ACM you continue to get free withdrawals from when we play)🤪
    I said 'if someone wins a package', maybe I was asking for a friend ;)

Thanks for the reply @Tikay10 . I appreciate that it's impossible for Sky to come up with an entirely satisfactory solution to this problem, but I suspect we may see satellite and promo numbers down if the dates are unknown and people can't get a refund/transfer their package if they discover that they can't make the new dates.

I don't want to sound like I'm moaning. Sky take much better care of their customers than any other site.
  • Options
    Tedson said:

madprof said:

Tedson said:

Thanks for the reply @Tikay10 . I appreciate that it's impossible for Sky to come up with an entirely satisfactory solution to this problem, but I suspect we may see satellite and promo numbers down if the dates are unknown and people can't get a refund/transfer their package if they discover that they can't make the new dates.

I don't want to sound like I'm moaning. Sky take much better care of their customers than any other site.

Have some more of my chips next time...you normally do🤪

Tbf you also said I have some things that I can't get out of in early October ...😉
    Again tbf, I fully understand your optimism and yes Sky’s approach to customer care is second to none, flexible and as Transparent as they can be , I’m sure
  • Options
    Tedson said:

madprof said:

Tedson said:

We will be practical on this front. Right now we don't have even a potential date, if even one at all. Of course we would hope everybody that wins a package can attend but appreciate this isn't a normal situation.

We are absolutely committed to an SPT Vegas and have already incurred costs that we are unsure if we can recover. Of course we don't want to be in a situation where we have 36 Vegas packages all paid for, an event later in the year and only a few customers turning up. But we will be absolutely practical and strive to do right by the customer.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Hi,

We wanted to provide an update regarding our plans for SPT Vegas. Given the current climate we are no closer to knowing when the SPT Vegas will take place. What we do know is that we are absolutely committed to having one, be it this year or even next year if that is the most practical solution.

Today would have been the beginning of our second wave of promotions and satellites. We have taken the decision to pause these until things begin to become a bit clearer. We have our first 12 winners and we will be in regular contact with these winners regarding the plans we are making. What we will absolutely aim to do is give people enough notice and treat everybody fairly.

If there are any questions please ask, and I hope you all remain safe.

Sam
  • Options
    Thanks for the update.( we guessed it was coming...)

Given what Jenny Harries(DCMO) said yesterday re: when normal life might be possible....

Can I make a further suggestion re: SPT’ s in general

With the postponement of Brighton and a level on uncertainty around the future of SPTs, can I propose you either offer

A) an online Brighton for all those people who are carrying forward a seat, with an open buyin for others at £220 or
    B)invite anyone holding seats to convert it(them) into UKOPs buyins in the current series
    C) any other option you deem more appropriate
    D) cash out players with monies into their account, which I’m sure the ‘ moneysuits’ wouldn’t want to happen

I have one seat carrying forward and would hope to use it somehow

Thoughts?

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    edited March 2020
    Hi Danny @madprof..... I think @Tikay10 posted yesterday that they can be used for the upcoming UKOPS, but it might be good if they could be split into 2x £110 seats, if people who are holding carry over seats, don't want to play the £220 High Roller event.

Thanks @Sky_SamT for the update on VEGAS ....... one of the best things about your post is the fact it could be next year ....... I wonder if that means that SKYPOKER will still be carrying on as far ahead as Next Year ;):)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited March 2020
    Guys,

I'm leaving this thread to Sky Sam, as it's above my pay-grade so to speak, but with regard to this;

"invite anyone holding seats to convert it(them) into UKOPs buyins in the current series"

Yes, that's no problem, I've discussed this with James this morning & he's approved it.

It's not automatic though, you need to request the swap.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Hi Danny @madprof..... I think @Tikay10 posted yesterday that they can be used for the upcoming UKOPS, but it might be good if they could be split into 2x £110 seats, if people who are holding carry over seats, don't want to play the £220 High Roller event.

Thanks @Sky_SamT for the update on VEGAS ....... one of the best things about your post is the fact it could be next year ....... I wonder if that means that SKYPOKER will still be carrying on as far ahead as Next Year ;):)

Thanks donkey...didn’t see tk’s message...I was too busy getting ready to be knocked out of every tourney I played yesterday...takes commitment that! 💩
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Guys,

I'm leaving this thread to Sky Sam, as it's above my pay-grade so to speak, but with regard to this;

"invite anyone holding seats to convert it(them) into UKOPs buyins in the current series"

Yes, that's no problem, I've discussed this with James this morning & he's approved it.

It's not automatic though, you need to request the swap.

As ever Tony...thanks for prompt responses!

(I only wish the suppliers I’ve paid deposits for events that have been cancelled were as quick in answering my email requests for refunds.....)
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    madprof said:

an online Brighton for all those people who are carrying forward a seat, with an open buyin for others at £220

Grosvenor has been doing this for all of its live events and it has been, by all measures, a resounding success.
  • Options
    There was a moment this morning when a Cornish donkey sent me a text saying Vegas back on....

"the April final is back in the tournament tab and the sats are sure to follow"....

bless...care in the community etc..Daveena should look after her little boy ( @MISTY4ME ) a bit more..

Happy Birthday DONKEY!!
  • Options
    madprof said:

There was a moment this morning when a Cornish donkey sent me a text saying Vegas back on....

"the April final is back in the tournament tab and the sats are sure to follow"....

bless...care in the community etc..Daveena should look after her little boy ( @MISTY4ME ) a bit more..

Happy Birthday DONKEY!!

It's not my Birthday Granny (I know you're going Senile ;) )...... that was day before Will's when I was missing from SPT Manc. .......... it's the real MISTY's Birthday tomorrow (2nd April) o:)

The former 26th April Vegas Final was up again briefly...... but it was obv. a mistake. :(
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

madprof said:

Happy Birthday DONKEY!!

It's not my Birthday Granny (I know you're going Senile ;) )...... that was day before Will's when I was missing from SPT Manc. .......... it's the real MISTY's Birthday tomorrow (2nd April) o:)

The former 26th April Vegas Final was up again briefly...... but it was obv. a mistake. :(
    Will told me it was Misty's birthday.....don't confuse me
  • Options
    madprof said:

MISTY4ME said:

madprof said:

Happy Birthday DONKEY!!

Will told me it was Misty's birthday.....don't confuse me
    It is ..... MISTY is my daughter DUMBO

...... hope no one puts 2 Shovels in front of you..... and tells you to take your PICK :D:D:D