You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

final table 7pm bounty hand

2»

Comments

• Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Mr.Mumsie

I give you.

Five.WorldClass players

On this site

One.not on it.

And...one..who may?.or may not be.

Rail.follow.

EssexPhil..gives away..Poker Gold..gratis
    Chrisdonkb..top 16...30.000...15k.collect...fella.pure.class.and a gent Always was..
    Myna.frett..breathes no limit holdem.is supreme..and very very modest
    Engy..
    Moulah.m.b.Benji...go back.watch Vintage Skypoker.tv...and.review.In.Da.Well.
    Try.micro.king.Nathan.Wiiliams

If.that.all.fail..?.Dominican RhumbaStyle..follow da leeda.leeda.leeda.

That's.for.clarification.FollowTheLeader...Dominican Beach Style..original..misterpj

XxxxxxxXxxxxXxxxx
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,524
    Caused by self Isolation .... or.... drives one of these.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,773
    edited April 2020
    misterpj said:

The Great,and The Good, have spoken..notice?...anything..?..

That,would be,...know.in the trade, as,a difference of opinion, ...there,is,No,absolute,right..or..wrong..play with your, Poker Heart.Poker Instinct.based more , observing..the actual players..yep.them.the actual players...in your game..come on Guv.dare you..to state...your opinion?

Wait a minute....Ear com.z. nost(I) drum.n. bass.

I Lu.rve......Chris.Don.K.b..how bout Nost..see

Xxx a.n.d. Moulah._Benji....££££.# always.for.Eva...XxxxxxXxxxxXxxxx

Plant based.xxxx Zen.Bud.Hist.xxx

@misterpj

This was a serious thread with many great contributions, we were all learning something, then you poll up & trash the thread completely. The OP must wonder what happened to his thread.

Stay off these serious threads please unless you can add to the debate sensibly and do so coherently.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,478
    Essexphil said:

In1982UTV said:

Surely open shove is only move with 10s and 16bb.
    If we open 2, 2.2x and get 3b we 4b shove.

If we open and get couple of callers.
    Were in a world of pain if dont hit set imo

No, no, no.
    A raise here would be at least 3x
    Phil
    I don’t understand the reasoning behind this
  • Options
    hazelwoo05hazelwoo05 Member Posts: 54
    For me Close between a open and a open jam can go either way. Generally look at comp structure, ICM factors, villain types there stack sizes and positions before making a decision.... Then I normally lose the hand ;)
  • Options
    hazelwoo05hazelwoo05 Member Posts: 54
    I think being 6/6 I lean more towards a open jam WP btw
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,044
    edited April 2020
    Jac35 said:

Essexphil said:

In1982UTV said:

Surely open shove is only move with 10s and 16bb.
    If we open 2, 2.2x and get 3b we 4b shove.

If we open and get couple of callers.
    Were in a world of pain if dont hit set imo

No, no, no.
    A raise here would be at least 3x
    Phil
    I don’t understand the reasoning behind this
    Previous betting patterns can become a consideration here. So if your last 20 raises were all min-raises, then 3x (as Matt said) looks super-strong. Previous bet sizing is ignored for this purpose.

If you 2x (12.5% of your stack), then, due both to EV and bounties, a whole bunch of hands are priced in to call. You know, 55, A8s, and almost any 2 from the BB.

If you 3x (18.75%), if people are playing optimally loads of hands now should fold. But they don't. Because people forget that calling is based on effective stacks (yours), not theirs. And people overplay small pairs pre-flop. And you enable a whole host of hands to play sub-optimally. Against you. Which is kind of the object of playing poker.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,044

I think being 6/6 I lean more towards a open jam WP btw

I hear what you say. But that is the fascinating part of the stack sizes in the OP.

If you shove, you get 5 folds. A lot. Consequently, you have just had a premium hand. And are still 6/6. Because your stack size has increased by less than 10%.

Whereas if you took it down on the flop, you may well gain 4.5BB. and now be in 4th.

I am not saying that a shove is wrong. I am just saying that shove and raise are both entirely arguable here.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Looks a pretty clear cut decision between min raising or open jamming.

Think being UTG I'd lean more towards the jam but it's close. If the table has some players who like to chase bounties then stick it in pre.

Things like how long before the blinds go up might also influence the decision.

No need whatsoever to open for a 3x.