You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

final table 7pm bounty hand

mnolan8317mnolan8317 Member Posts: 44
Hi all,

UTG with 6 left in the 7pm 55 bounty. I am 6/6 but still have 16 bbs, there's a couple of stacks with 18-22 bb's behind and one huge stack, bb has around 25 bbs's.

You have 10's UTG, what are you doing in this spot. Only 3rd hand of FT so hard to talk about dynamic of table at this stage

Comments

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    shoving
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Shove 50%
    Raise 50%

Not saying that's right. Just what I would do.
  • Options
    thanks both, more replies welcome, just to clarify this is not a bad beat thread, I sent this to a close poker buddy who gave me his opinion which differed to mine.

Henrik, what are your reasons for shoving.

Essex . your reasons for being 50/50.

Does this being a bounty impact on the reason to shove?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174

@mnolan8317

We'll move this across to Poker Chat - it'll get more eyeballs & feedback there.

Well done on those 2 UKOPS FT's last night.
  • Options
    thanks @Tikay10 , thanks for the reply. Was a huge fan of yours and learnt so much in 2007/2008 from the shows when I first started playing. Watched them every night and the buzz of my table being on tv was so good back then.

Done a lot in poker since before giving it up full time in 2014. Wish the shows would come back on TV, surely he would drive traffic in these uncertain times.
  • Options
    bigfatfishbigfatfish Member Posts: 39
    I would min raise and call it off if 3bet. Any less than 16bb and I'd just shove.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174

thanks @Tikay10 , thanks for the reply. Was a huge fan of yours and learnt so much in 2007/2008 from the shows when I first started playing. Watched them every night and the buzz of my table being on tv was so good back then.

Done a lot in poker since before giving it up full time in 2014. Wish the shows would come back on TV, surely he would drive traffic in these uncertain times.

@mnolan8317

Ha, now I'm embarrassed, thank you.

And yes, players loved their hands being shown on the telly. The landscape has changed beyond recognition since then though, & I can't envisage the Show ever returning.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Raise/calling it off
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Think shoving is better than raise calling it off as 3 other stacks below 25bbs means there's some decent ICM pressure. Folding the only bad option imo (unless there's a shove, reshove behind you)
  • Options
    In1982UTVIn1982UTV Member Posts: 14
    shove
  • Options
    Hear what people say. With 10BBs, it is an easy shove. But with 16?

Danger is that stronger hands will call, and weaker hands will fold. The advantage of raising, is that some of the weaker hands will call...
  • Options
    Surely open shove is only move with 10s and 16bb.
    If we open 2, 2.2x and get 3b we 4b shove.

If we open and get couple of callers.
    Were in a world of pain if dont hit set imo
  • Options
    In1982UTV said:

No, no, no.
    A raise here would be at least 3x
  • Options
    3x and then if 3b we 4b jam obv

But what if we get 2 callers.
    Can we open 3x and waste 3bb out a 16bb stack in a 3 way pot out of pos on a board that will contain at least 1 over card I'm guessing
  • Options
    In1982UTV said:

3x and then if 3b we 4b jam obv

But what if we get 2 callers.
    Can we open 3x and waste 3bb out a 16bb stack in a 3 way pot out of pos on a board that will contain at least 1 over card I'm guessing

Not worried about the 2nd caller. AA-JJ and AK will always shove there. Most often that will be an underpair.

With 1 caller, shoving with only 1 overcard. And getting a lot of folds without them seeing the last 2 cards.

The advantage of shoving pre- is will get folds from the likes of KJ. But probably also the likes of 88...
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Does 3x off 16bb from utg look even stronger than shoving?
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Essexphil said:

In1982UTV said:

No, no, no.
    A raise here would be at least 3x
    Why?
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    The Great,and The Good, have spoken..notice?...anything..?..

That,would be,...know.in the trade, as,a difference of opinion, ...there,is,No,absolute,right..or..wrong..play with your, Poker Heart.Poker Instinct.based more , observing..the actual players..yep.them.the actual players...in your game..come on Guv.dare you..to state...your opinion?

Wait a minute....Ear com.z. nost(I) drum.n. bass.

I Lu.rve......Chris.Don.K.b..how bout Nost..see

Xxx a.n.d. Moulah._Benji....££££.# always.for.Eva...XxxxxxXxxxxXxxxx

Plant based.xxxx Zen.Bud.Hist.xxx
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,349
    I ve ran this through a word shuffler a few times..

Nost..see Heart.Poker Wait That,would Xxx your, Zen.Bud.Hist.xxx always.for.Eva...XxxxxxXxxxxXxxxx your opinion? you..to on bout as,a ...there,is,No,absolute,right..or..wrong..play difference actual observing..the with based.xxxx of players...in the Great,and a.n.d. Plant players..yep.them.the com.z. actual game..come Lu.rve......Chris.Don.K.b..how a Poker drum.n. opinion, Guv.dare have The Moulah._Benji....££££.# nost(I) Instinct.based Good, more state...your be,...know.in , spoken..notice?...anything..?.. trade, The minute....Ear I bass.

have a The com.z. be,...know.in opinion? based.xxxx Heart.Poker with nost(I) game..come That,would difference you..to observing..the drum.n. a.n.d. Wait your, bass. spoken..notice?...anything..?.. as,a opinion, Lu.rve......Chris.Don.K.b..how bout players..yep.them.the more actual Zen.Bud.Hist.xxx Plant Instinct.based the your Nost..see I Moulah._Benji....££££.# players...in Good, Great,and of Guv.dare trade, minute....Ear The , state...your actual Poker Xxx always.for.Eva...XxxxxxXxxxxXxxxx ...there,is,No,absolute,right..or..wrong..play on

actual Instinct.based opinion? state...your difference Lu.rve......Chris.Don.K.b..how the com.z. with on Heart.Poker be,...know.in Great,and a.n.d. Zen.Bud.Hist.xxx your, more based.xxxx as,a observing..the I opinion, players...in The Moulah._Benji....££££.# nost(I) , drum.n. Poker Plant bout ...there,is,No,absolute,right..or..wrong..play That,would a Xxx have Nost..see bass. spoken..notice?...anything..?.. game..come players..yep.them.the Good, actual your trade, minute....Ear always.for.Eva...XxxxxxXxxxxXxxxx The Guv.dare Wait you..to of

Anyone getting anything?

• Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Mumsie..I say it.for you

FlY.in..binked.Sat.

24..ticket...w.p..£

Sunday .good..babi

Lurve.U. long.time..free co.Chin...wiv ta dark.hero.babi.run.supreme

Float.dat.flop.jamm.dat.turn.open.only.17.$€$ Petersburg.cent

Position.position.position.erm...raise.snsp.sn.ap.fold.for valeYuuu
    Power.of.da.reraise.bsbi.

XxxxxxXxxxxXxxxx.