You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mini UKOPs Personal side bet alongside the Charity one.

waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
edited May 2020 in Poker Chat
A few people have shown interest in having a bit of extra money on a personal side bet alongside the charity one. You must be registered for the Charity one to get involved though.

I think it would be best to use this thread to organise that to keep it seperate from the main one.

In so far

@waller02
@NOSTRI
@Allan23
@Shelley7
@mumsie
@cpfc_2010
@bigfatfish
@LmfaoAllin
@PKRPar
@SR23
@MAXALLY
@hhyftrftdr
@Dollie
@madprof

Who out of the 20, is interested in this? I'm only willing to stump up an extra £20 with £10 going to the highest individual points scorer and £10 to the highest profit earner (of those that have opted in to the both the Charity AND Extra side bet). Unless there are other suggestions? Definitely £20 max for me though.

Register your interest here and we can sort it out between us.

Comments

• Options
    Shelley7Shelley7 Member Posts: 128
    Happy with that, sounds good.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Yep, I'm keen. £10 to profit winner and £10 to points winner sounds good to me
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,379
    Allan23 said:

Yep, I'm keen. £10 to profit winner and £10 to points winner sounds good to me

Yes, Ill agree with the comment up above.
  • Options
    Yep I'm in too. How do we go about transferring winnings? Is everybody happy with bank transfers to the winners, via PM obviously. Or is there a better way?
  • Options
    Shall we give a cut off time of midday Friday to include yourself in this personal one? If anybody knows the best way to sort the money situation them I'm all ears as I've never done a side bet like this before.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    edited April 2020
    I think pming bank details for transfer after we know the winner is easiest...Sky has a pm function thankfully so should be fairly easy to organise
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    I'm going to opt out of this side-bet, only because sod's law dictates I'll have a better chance of crushing Mini-UKOPS if I do !

GL all
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Count me in, could use the money.
  • Options
    bbMike said:

I'm going to opt out of this side-bet, only because sod's law dictates I'll have a better chance of crushing Mini-UKOPS if I do !

GL all

No worries mate.

It's obviously a totally optional extra and anybody that doesn't register their interest here by Midday (or by the start of the first MTT at the very latest) on Friday won't be included in the personal side bet.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Just to note that for people to be able pay you these days they will need to know the account name. It was always asked for but wasn't checked by the banks until last year.

Something to bear in mind if keeping your real life name secret is important to you, albeit it won't be in open forum, just to those who need to pay you if you win.
  • Options
    I don't see me putting money on a side bet.

I don't rate my chances against any one individual.

I didn't realise there were two seperate threads, I just jump into threads without much thought or back reading.

Im more in it for of a league and trying to finish above better players.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

I don't see me putting money on a side bet.

I don't rate my chances against any one individual.

I didn't realise there were two seperate threads, I just jump into threads without much thought or back reading.

Im more in it for of a league and trying to finish above better players.

So you're not in the personal one then?
  • Options
    Yea, i dont see why not.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    mumsie said:

Yea, i dont see why not.

Make your mind up 😂😂

For the avoidance of any doubt this is just because some people fancied spicing it up a bit more by adding an extra £20 for personal gain, as well as still donating the £20 to Charity.

This personal side bet is using your individual results only though. I just started a separate thread to keep it away from the other one. You don't need to do anything different though, just keep updating your results on the charity thread as normal.

Only the people who are in the Charity bet are eligible to register for this personal one though. So you can either just play the Charity one as normal or stump up an extra £20 to get involved with this personal one as well.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    I can lose enough without getting involved in losing another £20!
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    In for the side bet
  • Options
    bigfatfishbigfatfish Member Posts: 39
    I'm in for this one also please
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,213
    In please
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    In, despite my better judgement and given the skill level of those playing :)
  • Options
    PKRPar said:

In, despite my better judgement and given the skill level of those playing :)

Same here, just hoping the Poker Gods will be kind otherwise the likes of @LmfaoAllin and @cpfc_2010 may as well just pm us their bank details now :)

All good fun though, looking forward to it.....until day 3 when I wonder how I ever thought it might be fun.