You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

A polite advice of a client

KatkaKatka Member Posts: 38
Hi sky poker, as a lot of others here we started playing during this period mostly for fun and with the small hope of winning something.Unfortunately your scam-fixed site can cause more stress than fun as the things happening in order to lose our money are too serious to not comment anything. We understand that your lack of morale as you are used to similar comments will not change anything but i am curious to see your answer.

Comments

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    What's the question?
  • KatkaKatka Member Posts: 38
    Answers are not given only to questions but to comments as well. If you feel you don't understand the subject i am sorry.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,813

@Katka

Good morning.

"i am curious to see your answer"

What exactly was the question?

It's sad to see you saying those things, "scam-filled" etc.

From what I can see you mostly play £0.25, £0.50 & £1.00 Turbo DYM's. As anyone with the faintest idea about poker knows, Turbo DYM's are notoriously high variance, & at the lower stakes folks like to get it in with any 2, almost as if they are playing roulette. And it's their money, they fancy a gamble, so we can't criticise that.

In a £0.25 DYM Sky Poker make £0.18. (£0.03 per player). The other £1.50 goes to the players, 3 of them get paid £0.50 each, 3 of them get zilch. Sky Poker have not the slightest interest who wins that 5 bob.

Do you really think Sky Poker care who wins or loses? The result is whatever it is. Sky Poker are now part of the world's biggest Online Gaming business, and they sure ain't gonna risk their Gaming Licence by favouring one player over another, & no matter who wins or loses, Sky Poker still get their £0.18. (6 x £0.03).

Try playing "regular" DYM's, where he variance is lower, & the game (& thus your money) lasts longer.

PS - at time of writing, you have played 6 Turbo DYM's this morning, and won 3 of them. Is that really so bad?

Hi Tikay 10
    Thank you for your answer .
    You are correct to most of the things you said . I like sit and go but this doesn’t mean I don’t like fair poker with rules .
    Obviously I like playing if not I wouldn’t comment here but I would start making bread and I would comment to a baking community .
    The problem is that you are managing a company that doesn’t seem to be fair with the players and perhaps you have the lowest score of all the gambling sites and as a client ( doesn’t matter my revenue ) I would still like to know that I’m losing my money in a fair environment.
    Thank you again and have a good day.
    Katka said:

Hi Tikay 10
    Thank you for your answer .
    You are correct to most of the things you said . I like sit and go but this doesn’t mean I don’t like fair poker with rules .
    Obviously I like playing if not I wouldn’t comment here but I would start making bread and I would comment to a baking community .
    The problem is that you are managing a company that doesn’t seem to be fair with the players and perhaps you have the lowest score of all the gambling sites and as a client ( doesn’t matter my revenue ) I would still like to know that I’m losing my money in a fair environment.
    Thank you again and have a good day.

@Katka

In what way is The Business being unfair? You have made the "scam-filled" accusation, which is not a very nice thing to say, but not backed it up with a single piece of evidence. Is that really fair?

PS - I don't manage the Company, far from it, I'm just a gofer.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,326
    Good moaning Katka .

Have you one hand in particular that could hilight your plight ?
    @Tikay10
    How do you believe would be an evidence if I post all the hands I had ?
    We will start the odds conversation as every comment here .
    I understand that your position is to be against anybody is saying something bad against sky and it’s fine.
    But it’d you want to have clients for long time and not one month’s gamblers it would be good to make a fair code .
    hi @mumsie and good morning
    It’s a lot of hands mate , I know about odds and mathematics. I play because
    I obviously like gambling . But the odds in this site and the river situations are far from normal .
    That was the reason for my post. To see how other players feels .
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    edited May 2020
    As Tikay pointed out. Sky get their rake regardless of who wins the game, it makes no difference to them who wins the game.

What exactly are you suggesting is going on then? You are playing turbo DYMs which have really high variance. If you can handle that variance then play a different format of the game.

edited May 2020
    Katka said:

@Tikay10
    How do you believe would be an evidence if I post all the hands I had ?
    We will start the odds conversation as every comment here .
    I understand that your position is to be against anybody is saying something bad against sky and it’s fine.
    But it’d you want to have clients for long time and not one month’s gamblers it would be good to make a fair code .

"fair code"

How exactly would an "unfair code" (whatever that is) benefit Sky Poker? In the example I gave, they get their £0.18p every time, guaranteed. It's a lovely little business, what would be their motive to mess about? How do Sky Poker benefit if Player A wins instead of Player B?

Meanwhile, the site will soon deal it's 1.5 billionth hand in it's 14th year of operation. That's 1.5 billion pieces of evidence. And not one person, ever, has come up with a single piece of credible evidence of wrongdoing. It's all very well throwing it insults - "scam-filled" - but let's be right, you should not do so without evidence, it's morally wrong on every level. If I accused you of cheating you'd go crazy, & quite right too.

1.5 billion pieces of evidence...
    @Tikay10
    My problem is not if I am losing or winning (obviously I like to win).
    My problem is that I don’t get why such a big site as you say needs to complicate their platform and they don’t let the players compete .
    I believe that making always “dramatic” situations is not good for the poker community in total.
    I’m sorry if I insulted you with the “scam” but being frustrated caused this .
    @waller02
    As I am a fan of the game I would just propose that there is not need for dramatic flops of high hands always or river- drama endings .
    Let the players play and compete normally like a love game .
    Thanks guys
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
    Sorry Katka you have played a grand total of 834, as @Tikay10 said you are playing a pretty high variance format, and that is a low sample size.
    Two of my friends were posting hands last night that would make your eyes bleed. Sometimes variance is a **** if can't accept that take up baking bread as you stated in a previous post, we all have bad runs (I am in an extended downswing myself at the moment) and we play poorly as a result, we just have to ride out the storm
    Katka said:

@Tikay10
    My problem is not if I am losing or winning (obviously I like to win).
    My problem is that I don’t get why such a big site as you say needs to complicate their platform and they don’t let the players compete .
    I believe that making always “dramatic” situations is not good for the poker community in total.
    I’m sorry if I insulted you with the “scam” but being frustrated caused this .
    @waller02
    As I am a fan of the game I would just propose that there is not need for dramatic flops of high hands always or river- drama endings .
    Let the players play and compete normally like a love game .
    Thanks guys

@Katka

Yeah, I DO completely get that you are having a testing morning & are just letting off steam. That's fine.

And we all know EXACTLY what you mean by "dramatic" situations. But this is poker, & it happens. You should try playing PLO or PLO8 & see how that swings & swongs.

And do you know that these "dramatic" outcomes are equally as frequent in the "live" arena? Is that a scam, too?

Take a break, & maybe try regular DYM's where the variance is not so brutal.

GL man.

One last thing @Katka

Think it's fair to say Sky Poker's current software is not exactly state of the art. It can't even handle antes, & the Forum is full of complaints that players often miss the first few hands of DYM's as the table does not load in time.

Given all that, do you really think the software team are capable of somehow manipulating the cards?

Poker can be so brutal at times, but it's really not fair to just outright say the Business is in any way crooked.
    @Tikay10
    As I mentioned before being upset caused this.
    As a person I don’t like blaming in total so it was a bad use of words.
    I believe you quite help in my tables selection and for sure calmed me.
    Have a great day man
    edited May 2020
    Katka said:

@Tikay10
    As I mentioned before being upset caused this.
    As a person I don’t like blaming in total so it was a bad use of words.
    I believe you quite help in my tables selection and for sure calmed me.
    Have a great day man

@Katka

No worries.

You have a great day too.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    Some you win some you lose, you just try and play yer best and hope you get the breaks, if you can't handle the ups and downs don't play, take up gardening it will be more relaxing.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    OmahadudeSmall blind300.00300.0014225.69
    tomgoodunBig blind600.00900.0015885.70
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • A
    _winkie_Raise1200.002100.001.24
    steveyseeFold
    RattiousCall1200.003300.0016603.00
    OmahadudeFold
    tomgoodunRaise4500.007800.0011385.70
    _winkie_All-in1.247801.240.00
    RattiousCall3900.0011701.2412703.00
    Flop
    • K
    tomgoodunAll-in11385.7023086.940.00
    RattiousAll-in12703.0035789.940.00
    RattiousUnmatched bet1317.3034472.641317.30
    tomgoodunShow
    • A
    • A
    _winkie_Show
    • A
    • Q
    RattiousShow
    Turn
    River
    RattiousWin highFull House, 6s and 9s34472.6435789.94
    No qualifying low hand
    Talking of PL08 😊^
    For those not familiar, I had the nut flush on the turn, with a nut lo re-draw.
    The river kinda changed things 😊
    All community cards count though, so I was happy with my play, happy-ish with the result.