You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

A polite advice of a client

Comments

• bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Won't rise to the bait of making bread-based puns.

If you think something is amiss, just keep collecting data, like how many flops are 'non-action' where it checks through or there's a bet and a fold.

I suspect you've got better things to do with your time, though.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    Katka said:

@Tikay10
    As I mentioned before being upset caused this.
    As a person I don’t like blaming in total so it was a bad use of words.
    I believe you quite help in my tables selection and for sure calmed me.
    Have a great day man

Hat's off to you @Katka. It's rare to see one of these thread where the OP changes their tone. Good luck at the tables.
  • KatkaKatka Member Posts: 38
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    aynaricolSmall blind100.00100.002027.50
    Manoman2Big blind200.00300.005397.50
    Your hole cards
    • K
    gormley11Fold
    KatkaAll-in1702.502002.500.00
    aynaricolFold
    Manoman2Call1502.503505.003895.00
    Manoman2Show
    KatkaShow
    • K
    Flop
    • J
    Turn
    • K
    River
    Manoman2WinFlush to the King3505.007400.00
    @Tikay10 just an example of daily situation.
    Manoman was calling everything and i tested and obviously i lost again with crazy call and river drama.
    As i can see you care about your site whats the solution in your opinion?

A: to not play again sit & go as this will always happen?

B: to play only Plo8?

C: Change company?

Cheers man and thanks for your time
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Maybe just don't jam with a hand as bad as K8o? Is that not an option here?
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,326
    In this hand @Katka your 70/30 favorite.

So 84s wins 30% of the time.

You said you understand the maths , if this situation happens 100 times, you will win approx 70 and 84s win 30.

Thats alls thats happening here.
    @NOSTRI @mumsie
    Guys i get you 100% , i lost far too many good cards before in order to end up boiling and searching for answers . playing positions - range - equity and it just doesn't look ok that this keeps happening.
    Anyway thanks both for the answers.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,813

@Katka

It's fearfully frustrating at times, but you just have to hang in there. Better play will always be rewarded - eventually.

I suppose you could take a break, or even quit the game, but we all love it too much. Just try to focus on enjoying yourself really, win or lose.

And hey, don't be a stranger on the Forum now you've broken the ice. It;s good to talk.
    You're not entitled to win the pot just because you have good cards. Blaming the site is stupid.
    @Tikay10 i will and i will be in touch for positive opinions.
    @NOSTRI my cultural stage doesn't allow me to call stupid someone as answer to an unpleasant situation. i wish you the best as well mate even if you wouldn't deserve it.
    Does your "cultural stage" allow you to understand the difference between calling you stupid and calling something you did stupid?
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    If you have a player in a sit and go who is calling all shoves, you can always let them go to war with the other players and thus improve your equity in the comp by doing nothing. You're in no rush to jam K8o there.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,165
    I'm going to watch Smokey And The Bandit.

• DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Katka been on this site for over 10 years not playing much above £5 tournies unless I bink a satellite to a bigger tournament am in profit over that time so its a free hobby. Had some insane bad beats recently but won a tournament for £150 so a nice turnaround, when I first started on another site I was sure it was rigged and there was no way AA won 80% of the time so I noted down around a 1000 hands involving AA and the answer was roughly that AA won 80% of the time. Go and watch twitch streams get lots of free info on internet and the more you learn the luckier you will get.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,133
    Katka, I lost about 25% of my bankroll yesterday to a barrage of really cr4ppy run outs and some absolute coolers.

It happens, get used to it.

Oh and yes I also played some sngs really badly.
    @DoyleBrun @TheEdge949 Thanks for the advices.
    To be honest i was thinking only about conspiracy theories yesterday and i was sure it is not my fault.
    Obviously is my fault and the way i couldn't see my mistakes.
    Bad beat exists and we cant't do anything , bad plays though is on us .
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    @Katka firstly forget what they are telling you about £1 turbo dyms being high variance they are talking absolute nonsense. Yeah they are higher variance than normal speed but are still a good way to win consistent profit compared to other forms of the game. The Dym's at the the stakes you play are very soft on this site. If you are losing you must be making mistakes. A lot of players make decent money from the sit and go's on here maybe you should try and figure out what you do that they don't and vice versa. My advice to anyone struggling in Dym's would be to study ICM and learn about fold equity, it will help you greatly especially in the endgame.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    NOSTRI said:

Maybe just don't jam with a hand as bad as K8o? Is that not an option here?

Quite

Jam K7 instead. Much better results gtd 😉
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Jac35Small blind200.00200.004370.00
    GrimesyyyBig blind400.00600.002415.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • A
    ShivamSFold
    JacquelynAll-in1490.002090.000.00
    Wardy2020Fold
    Jac35Call1290.003380.003080.00
    GrimesyyyFold
    Jac35Show
    • A
    • A
    JacquelynShow
    • K
    Flop
    • K
    • K
    Turn
    River
    JacquelynWinThree Kings3380.003380.00
  • RattiousRattious Member Posts: 382
    What is horrid it telegraphing AA time after time and crying when they don't hold up.

And what's horrid is not acknowledging that all in was on the flop when when you were miles behind. You pushed AA with only one low card on a missed flop and you want people to say you had a bad beat? Poor you!

That's horrid Tom, tbf as soon as I saw Ratti's name I suspected he would scoop. The joys of a game where you started with a hand ranked 4th out of 16,432 starting hands against a hand that had little lo possibility and a not particularly good high chance either. Yet pre flop you're only a 66% favorite!

On the flop those odd turn to being a 37% underdog (despite the overpair and nut flush draw)

On the turn you're back up to an ev of 75%

After the river you get nadda., zero, zilch.

If that was the UKOPs PLO8 night (Saturday) then I think I also had a few AA2x hands in the evening over the UKOPS and normal £5 BH. I don't think I scooped with any of them either, I may of got 1/2 a couple of times but overall ran rubbish with the best hands. Ah the joys of PLO8.