You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Priority money to ............. Finished!

CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
edited July 2020 in Poker Chat
Diary starting today as focus is always good.

With the weather looking to change here poker is back on the menu and so is the need for a grind this month.

A June poker diary of sorts to help with the focus.

Good luck at the virtual tables all!

Cammy

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Lucky to win the dip at the start of the month so it's a spin for £150. Not bad.

Played two MTTs last night, one a personal favourite. The Omaha £75 guaranteed at 7:45. That was a bubble. Never got above double my starting. Good turnout last night with 25 players or so.

Also played the Mini Main, had a good stack early and lost in a standard way halfway through. Got 2 bounties so account is sitting at £142.76.
  • Options
    NoEa5yCa5hNoEa5yCa5h Member Posts: 608
    Good luck with this, Cammy. I will follow.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Good luck
    Will follow with interest
  • Options
    Thank you guys! Much appreciated.

Wednesday was generally a mid-week shindig in the past and the form continues so no poker played today.

Following on from the @Essexphil ask me almost anything diaries any questions are free to ask, I cannot guarantee every question will be answered.

Run well and any Jessy May quotes are encouraged. :)

Cammy
  • Options
    Wednesday was normally a couple of drinks with the girl and maybe cinema/dinner.

Last night I had drinks myself, it was enjoyable. Plenty of water yesterday and a few alcoholic beverages.

In and out group chats so was in company in a way. Doubt any poker was played yesterday and would maybe have done ok in a TDYM or Omaha. Rest would have been a wash-out.

Onto poker - Played the noon Timed and bust with 18bb or so with AJ (I think) vs KT and A something or other. GG 11 quid.

Account balance - £131.76

Quite tired now so maybe a bit of kip.

Have a good day. Safe stay. Well in. Take care and take it easy.

Cammy
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    5 MTTs and 1 DYM tonight

1815 £2 rebuy out in middle stages, nothing interesting

1830 £1500 BH interesting bust hand for top 5 stack mid stages. Straight vs Straight in protected pot. Bit of a cooler with a bounty on the line.

1845 £2 omaha hi unremarkable

1918 £5 £200 gtd omaha hi lo was pressing buttons mainly

1945 omaha hi bit of button pressing and some ok play. Noisy chat towards the end.

1 £3 DYM cashed it

Account balance £115.20

Cammy
  • Options
    Might be a bit of action on the side folks.

@mumsie good call, I fold and say £20 to winners charity.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Had a few drinks again last night into this morning.

2nd day in a row. It's been a quite a while since I had did that. Lockdown helps promote alcohol :)

Feel ok today, tired and ready to hit a cold shower and see how long I can stay under for. Can't sit about all morning and not move.

Plan is for some micro MTTs and a few DYM/TDYMs. Concentration was not there at all last night as was multi-tasking badly and playing different MTT formats. An old habit so will be choosing more wisely tonight for the poker diet.

Bankroll has taken a bit of a dip so in the wise words of one of my oldest friends "keep the heed" :blush:

Showered and just finished up with brunch.

Gl to the afternoon grinders :)

Cammy
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Cammykaze said:

2nd day in a row. It's been a quite a while since I had did that. Lockdown helps promote alcohol :)

Feel ok today, tired and ready to hit a cold shower and see how long I can stay under for. Can't sit about all morning and not move.

Plan is for some micro MTTs and a few DYM/TDYMs. Concentration was not there at all last night as was multi-tasking badly and playing different MTT formats. An old habit so will be choosing more wisely tonight for the poker diet.

Bankroll has taken a bit of a dip so in the wise words of one of my oldest friends "keep the heed" :blush:

For accountability I will edit this post after shower, breakfast and a walk to the shops.

Gl to the morning grinders :)

Cammy

Yo. Do you do this regularly? How cold? What's your record? How do you feel afterwards? Why do you do it? Is that too many questions?

Thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    SR23 said:

Cammykaze said:

For accountability I will edit this post after shower, breakfast and a walk to the shops.

Cammy

Yo. Do you do this regularly? How cold? What's your record? How do you feel afterwards? Why do you do it? Is that too many questions?

Thanks
    It works for me in the mornings.

Have been doing this on and off for about 3/4 years or so.

Ideally this would be every morning at a set time, 8am is best as I tend to wake up about 6:30 - 7am and faff about for a bit.

Do you do this regularly? at the moment about twice a week as I haven't been 100% the past few weeks.

How cold? Coldest temperature the shower allows

What's your record? 11 mins this morning as it happens. I think posting about it on this thread pushed me to a PB :)

Why do you do it? Health benefits

How do you feel afterwards? Great!
  • Options
    Thanks. I got into them after my boiler broke and I 'accidentally' had a cold shower and felt terrific afterwards, even though I had a hangover. Now, there's something wrong with my boiler/pipes and the shower can never get really cold. Luckily, I have the sea five mins away so jumping in that does the trick. Anyway, glglg.
  • Options
    SR23 said:

Thanks. I got into them after my boiler broke and I 'accidentally' had a cold shower and felt terrific afterwards, even though I had a hangover. Now, there's something wrong with my boiler/pipes and the shower can never get really cold. Luckily, I have the sea five mins away so jumping in that does the trick. Anyway, glglg.

What's your record? :)
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

SR23 said:

Yours is eleven minutes, right?

Think mine's eleven and a half minutes.
  • Options
    SR23 said:

Cammykaze said:

SR23 said:

Yours is eleven minutes, right?

Think mine's eleven and a half minutes.
    Good going @SR23
  • Options
    Only one MTT tonight. The 7:45 Omaha, didn't really get going and bust fairly early.

Was planning to grind a bit tonight however grinding is not where the joy is at the moment.

It's a great game when in the mood, a drag when not. If the past three days are anything to go by this is a proper challenge :)

Bankroll sitting at 109.70

Let's see what tomorrow brings. Routine of sorts going on.

Plan is to play a minimum of 5 MTTs and 5 DYMs/TDYMs.

Peace :)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Been up since 5am meh! Know at least part of the reason for that so will cut it out later on at night.

3 and a half hours in and have done the following:-

1. Been on FACEBOOK (oh dear, why did I create a new profile after not being on for 18 months) :( very addictive site. Enjoy the marketplace and some of the Buy and Sell groups. Joined to have access and post on one of my groups so it's not all bad.

2. Watched a couple of Youtube videos

3. Emailed an old poker pal

Got a few small projects on the go to pass the time and to break things up from youtube, facebook, emails etc. Never been much of a TV watcher and a lot of my time in the past have been taken up with work and poker. Being out of work and living myself with no-one to get on my case has left me to my own devices :blush: double edged sword!

Should set a routine for the day.

Cold shower for minimum 10 mins - went in for a 2 minute cold one. Did the job :)
    Barbell lifts
    Shop
    Walk
    Play at least 5 Sky MTTs and 5 TDYMS/DYMs Played 8 MTTs, taking it :)
    10 minute mindfulness session
    Watch at least one episode of Homeland or Rake on Netflix
    Read one of the Sky Diaries from start to present

8 is the target with 5 out of the 8 being a success I reckon.

Better get going and meet those targets......
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    Cammykaze said:

SR23 said:

Cammykaze said:

Cammy

Thanks

Ideally this would be every morning at a set time, 8am is best as I tend to wake up about 6:30 - 7am and faff about for a bit.

Do you do this regularly? at the moment about twice a week as I haven't been 100% the past few weeks.

What's your record? 11 mins this morning as it happens. I think posting about it on this thread pushed me to a PB :)

Cold shower,**** that, that's allright when your young trying to get shot of yer hangover ( In saying that we never had a shower so it was heid in the sink), I come oot like a prune when I take a hot shower these days.
  • Options
    rabdeniro said:

Cammykaze said:

SR23 said:

Cammykaze said:

Cammy

Thanks

Cold shower,**** that, that's allright when your young trying to get shot of yer hangover ( In saying that we never had a shower so it was heid in the sink), I come oot like a prune when I take a hot shower these days.
    Plenty of glens and coastal sea round about us. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Saturday 6th June 2020 - Results and bankroll

18:05 2.20 BH - out early

18:15 2.20 RB - lost a8 vs a2 AIPF, 2 on turn and
    did not bother with a rebuy. Wasn't feeling it

18:30 £1500 BH - Cashed and 3 bounties. Profit was £15 or so

18:45 £20 Omaha - 2nd or 3rd out of 24 players. £5 profit

19:15 £300 DS - Out mid stages

19:45 £75 Omaha - 2nd for £25 profit

20:25 DS - Deepish run £5 profit

20:30 Mini Sharpshooter -out early

Account sitting at £148.26

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Just finished watching this interview from James English. Excellent interview by James with reformed drug user Marvin Baird.

Marvin was the star of the TV show The Scheme which followed families in a housing scheme in Kilmarnock.

The show was a bit of trash tv for some. For others it has been a tough road, its good stuff! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVg-tDkuumI