You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Is this allowed? Regarding using the away function

Comments

• Options
    sircrypticsircryptic Member Posts: 52
    gregkdy82 said:

Still don't see how anyone can be caught out by this? If you do it is your own fault for not paying attention. It's a one table game where everyone starts with 1k chips so its no mystery how many chips the player has pushed in for.

Really want to know who it is though. PM me 😂

I agree that it is difficult to get caught out by this but the point is this player is deliberately using this bug for his own advantage. If it works 1/15 times then he's still profiting from bug abuse. If they manage to get a new recreational player with this then that player might think twice before continuing to play on the site.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Is this a problem only applicable to "mini view" tables e.g when the colour of the table turns from light blue to the darker blue?
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    On a related topic I saw a few regs using the away feature as a way of extending time banking near bubble of MTT recently (they were relatively short obvs and seemingly able to manipulate feature by being away then not away then away etc) - gotta take every little edge I guess...
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    AB0151 said:

On a related topic I saw a few regs using the away feature as a way of extending time banking near bubble of MTT recently (they were relatively short obvs and seemingly able to manipulate feature by being away then not away then away etc) - gotta take every little edge I guess...

Really?

I'm fairly sure that the time bank runs whilst you're away
  • Options

AB0151 said:

Really?

I'm fairly sure that the time bank runs whilst you're away
    Yes that’s what I thought too but I deffo witnessed this - sometimes when I quickly switch from mobile (if just one tabling obvs) as my juice is nearly gone I notice on PC when I switch I get longer than usual timebank - I do this for legit reasons as explained but it may be they somehow create a concept of being disconnected then jump back in at “right” time to reset timebank - never seen it before or since but it was a big ukops I think (way before recent table loading issues for sure although during this period too im sure we all saw legit additional time) and it was 2 players on my table. It was weird but enough to stick in my mind - I was going to forum it but probably got distracted ...
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    There is disconnection protection that extends your time bank if you get disconnected.
  • Options

gregkdy82 said:

Still don't see how anyone can be caught out by this? If you do it is your own fault for not paying attention. It's a one table game where everyone starts with 1k chips so its no mystery how many chips the player has pushed in for.

Really want to know who it is though. PM me 😂

I agree that it is difficult to get caught out by this but the point is this player is deliberately using this bug for his own advantage. If it works 1/15 times then he's still profiting from bug abuse. If they manage to get a new recreational player with this then that player might think twice before continuing to play on the site.
    Fair point about recs and new players. The games are quiet enough so anything that makes anyone seem at a disadvantage should be looked into and sorted.

Does this player only play turbos?
  • Options
    gregkdy82 said:

There is disconnection protection that extends your time bank if you get disconnected.

Cheers for confirming this - then they must have found a way to manipulate this then somehow as it was a few times and by same 2 players - they kept flashing up as away then not then away then not - made a mental note at time and thought maybe I’d missed something all these years as they were regs ...where there’s a will there’s a way I guess - probs same people who go for a gormless type walk trying to find their new table whilst short nearing bubble during a table break in live MTTs ! God I miss live MTTs - wonder when we’ll see them back? Will surely be the last in format to return especially the big International events like Barcelona, Vegas etc

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Probably they are logging out or restarting the software to achieve this. Real snidey behaviour doing that near a bubble although i would imagine those who resort to these sort of tactics are massive losers so probably best just to leave them to it
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    Cheaters don't beat us baby
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,375
    edited June 2020
    I dunno.

i'm going to try disconnect/timebank my way to all final tables tonight , if it works, this time next year, ill be a millionaire.
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 935
    I have never witnessed any of the above so I can't really comment, however, it has reminded me of a thought I once had a long time ago;

Hypothetically, say you are playing in a satellite with a starting stack of 3000 (or at least quite large in comparison to the first level blinds), and it is a hyper, so there will be no breaks and should be over within an hour or so.

If each player (10 for example) were all in cahoots to all limp/call every single hand, but take all of the action time but last player of the betting round would min raise, and then each player then calls, and again the last player to act would min raise, and this would be repeated with every action taking the maximum time. So in theory, if each person takes 20 seconds per action, it would take a long time to finish the first hand. and they all had to take say 150 moves (if the blinds started at 10/20) to diminish their stacks.

My quick maths would suggest it would take around 500 minutes to complete the first hand. More than enough time to win the satellite.

Obviously this would never happen, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.
  • Options
    AerionzAerionz Member Posts: 84
    @sircryptic yes that's exactly what it looked like. should have posted a screenshot myself to show what i meant.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790

I have never witnessed any of the above so I can't really comment, however, it has reminded me of a thought I once had a long time ago;

Hypothetically, say you are playing in a satellite with a starting stack of 3000 (or at least quite large in comparison to the first level blinds), and it is a hyper, so there will be no breaks and should be over within an hour or so.

If each player (10 for example) were all in cahoots to all limp/call every single hand, but take all of the action time but last player of the betting round would min raise, and then each player then calls, and again the last player to act would min raise, and this would be repeated with every action taking the maximum time. So in theory, if each person takes 20 seconds per action, it would take a long time to finish the first hand. and they all had to take say 150 moves (if the blinds started at 10/20) to diminish their stacks.

My quick maths would suggest it would take around 500 minutes to complete the first hand. More than enough time to win the satellite.

Obviously this would never happen, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

Lockdown has really got to you mate....
    :D
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    @thedazzman

Lets see. On Sky, all 6 players on a table 2000 starting chips at 10/20. From memory, you have 10 seconds to act. If everyone could take exactly 10 seconds and the bb min raised every hand it would take 100 minutes for everyone to be all in. That's enough time for most of the satellites here to end. The downside is that one of the people will have to go out as everything will stop on the bubble when its hand for hand.

I don't think it would ever happen and if it did their may be some sort of collusion investigation into it but it's an interesting theory.

It's a bit like if you can start one of the super satellites, pays a min of 3 but needs 5 to start. Five people start and they all shove. 2 lose and 3 win, gives you a 60% chance of winning. Even great satellite players won't get close to that :)
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 935
    cenachav said:

@thedazzman

Lets see. On Sky, all 6 players on a table 2000 starting chips at 10/20. From memory, you have 10 seconds to act. If everyone could take exactly 10 seconds and the bb min raised every hand it would take 100 minutes for everyone to be all in. That's enough time for most of the satellites here to end. The downside is that one of the people will have to go out as everything will stop on the bubble when its hand for hand.

I don't think it would ever happen and if it did their may be some sort of collusion investigation into it but it's an interesting theory.

It's a bit like if you can start one of the super satellites, pays a min of 3 but needs 5 to start. Five people start and they all shove. 2 lose and 3 win, gives you a 60% chance of winning. Even great satellite players won't get close to that :)

You are totally right. It would take a bit longer if it was a full table of 10 players. Anyway, it just popped back into my head as it's a similar case of 'the software allows it, so is it okay to do?"

It would never happen, and as you say, it would be a case for the collusion department for sure, if it did.

Thanks for crunching the numbers.

And as for meme above, @Allan23 well played, Sir. :D
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    No, scrub what I said. I forgot about the break at 5 to the hour. It doesn't start until all hands on a tourney have finished so it wouldn't work :(
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited June 2020
    Would anyone mind PM'ing the user account in the dock?

Not overly sure how this works myself. Might be worth doing a find a player and seeing what it is he/she is doing exactly.

Cammy
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,375
    Cammykaze said:

Would anyone mind PM'ing the user account in the dock?

Not overly sure how this works myself. Might be worth doing a find a player and seeing what it is he/she is doing exactly.

Cammy

Im not sure either, im thinking of shoving all in, when im in an all-in situation , then clicking "away", to see what happens, not to get an advantage , just to see.