You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Is this allowed? Regarding using the away function

AerionzAerionz Member Posts: 84
I notice there is a particular player in the DYM games who will call an all-in with a strong hand, usually something like aces or kings, and then immediately appear as away. When you go all-in, it puts all your chips in front of you. But when you appear as away, it removes those chips. So it looks like that player is just sitting out, when they've actually called an all-in.

Is this allowed? It's the same player who does it every time.

Comments

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    Pretty scummy trick.... :/

I guess its not strictly against any rules though.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297

Pretty scummy trick.... :/

I guess its not strictly against any rules though.

Hey Keith @goldnballz

I'm being thick...I don't understand the problem or how suddenly ticking the away button would make any difference? Please explain just in case I meet this player? Thanks
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    @madprof

I don't know who the OP is referring to but I guess (im not 100% sure) he's trying to lure other people calling the all-in behind him - not realising that the (now) sat away player has already called (with a monster)
  • Options
    YouMadYouMad Member Posts: 60
    I've experienced this too (probably the same player). From my experience, there are chips still in front of the player, but the stack size does not appear next to the player's all in stack. Therefore, you can only see the stack size from your own call or raise buttons.

A little frustrating? Yes. Against any rules? No.

On a broader note, it would be nice if the away function was revamped completely and mimicked some other sites where your hand is autofolded. Who knows, this could be coming soon...
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Aerionz said:

Is this allowed? It's the same player who does it every time.

I would seriously hope not. IMO that's a software bug that the player is abusing to gain an advantage, and should be punished accordingly.
    Aerionz said:

I notice there is a particular player in the DYM games who will call an all-in with a strong hand, usually something like aces or kings, and then immediately appear as away.

Any chance someone can PM me the name so I can keep an eye out? :)
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    It looks like it would be against the rules in any poker game I have ever played. Just because the software has a bug that lets you mislead the other people doesn't mean this player isn't breaking any rules.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    I still don't know what you really mean @Aerionz - I min bought into a spinup last night, went all in then immediately clicked "away" - my chips stayed in front of me and were visible (including the amount that I'm all in for). Have i misunderstood what the player is doing?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174
    Allan23 said:

I still don't know what you really mean @Aerionz - I min bought into a spinup last night, went all in then immediately clicked "away" - my chips stayed in front of me and were visible (including the amount that I'm all in for). Have i misunderstood what the player is doing?

@Allan23 @Aerionz

I'm a little confused too. The fake "AWAY" is pulled by a few, but I've never seen what Aero has described.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited June 2020
    I'm familiar with (and have fallen foul of) the all-in bug which doesn't display all the information correctly on screen but was unaware that it was possible for a player to 'generate' this (or cause something similar) by immediately clicking 'Away'...
    Allan23 said:

Is it possible that this could have appeared as such on your screen Allan23 but differently/as described by @Aerionz on your opponents screens?

Would be interesting and maybe helpful if we could get screenshots.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @MynaFrett Happy to start a £1 sng game to test it :D
  • Options
    DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113
    ^ i'll come along for the purposes of science
  • Options
    @Drudkh @MynaFrett I'm sitting a heads up cash atm
  • Options
    Inconclusive at the cash table...
  • Options
    The chips aren't "removed" as op suggested, however the alias thing usually turns pink with "all in" written in it changed to just pink, and didn't say "all in". I could see how that would be slightly confusing but its a bug I've seen on Sky probs once a night and your brain learns pink = all in
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

...however the alias thing usually turns pink with "all in" written in it changed to just pink, and didn't say "all in"...

I'm pretty sure I've also seen this accompanied with the chips/amount in the pot glitching out as well though

• Options
    @MattBates will know.
  • Options
    azahuerkazahuerk Member Posts: 59
    It might be more straightforward to do away with the away. I know people have genuine reasons for leaving a game momentarily but you'll always get the small minority who, while not breaking the rules, certainly give them a hefty bend.
  • Options
    AerionzAerionz Member Posts: 84
    lots of replies!

@Tikay10 I never saw it either till this player did it a few times. They appeared as away, the "all-in" label was on their name, but they had no chips in front of them.
  • Options
    sircrypticsircryptic Member Posts: 52
    Hi

@Aerionz question hasn't really been answered, is it allowed or not?

From the responses it seems that different people have a different display when this happens. The player 'I assume' @Aerionz is referring does do this literally every time and for me it displays something like this below.

I've sat out immediately after going all in behind a shove and it takes my chips away. At a glance, especially when multi tabling to me this looks like i only have 10 chips and if i wasn't paying attention and I'm in the BB then i might for a second if not checking the amount I'm calling think I'm only calling 517 chips when I'd actually be calling 1150.

If you can picture a different scenario say the original player shoved had 1k chips and i called with 900 then the same image would display, sure the amount of chips is clear in the middle of the table but again when playing 12 tables If i was in the BB looking at that display it does look like I'm calling an all in of 1k chips and possibly the SB is all in with literally 5/10 chips when in reality I'd be calling 2 all ins of 1k and 900 chips.

As previously mentioned this player does this every time to gain an advantage by using this bug.

Cheers
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Still don't see how anyone can be caught out by this? If you do it is your own fault for not paying attention. It's a one table game where everyone starts with 1k chips so its no mystery how many chips the player has pushed in for.

Really want to know who it is though. PM me 😂