You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

RACEHORSE TRAINER-AMY MURPHY

vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,281
edited June 2020 in Sports & Betting Chat
Hi everybody you really have to watch this trainer. Last Jumps season WYNNE1938 and I got a number of big price winners with her and she has started this season Flat season off well with more big price winners. I have had a few of her winners this season although the last two were 7/2 and 6/1. Not good you say however, looking at the form of NAPPING last night it was 40-1 and the form guide read "didnt like AW but back on turf it is off its last winning mark and should go well". Worth ago I thought, nothing else looks much good. Backed down through all prices to 5's then out to 6 at off led from almost start to finish and won by length or so at end of 6f.

Comments

• gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    nice one terry hope u had last nights winnings on
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,281
    gpc70 said:

nice one terry hope u had last nights winnings on

not quite mate and anyway I am framing that, a win at Poker hardly ever heard of in these quarters LOL.

Enjoyed your company on the tables, especially the "steady Terry"
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    edited June 2020
    Cheers for the heads up, will look out for her, I need all the help I can get. :)
    as we are talking trainers to follow alan king is in flying form on the flat,when the jumps start he will be worth following now that wayne hutchinsons retired he has got the most underated jockey as his number 1 the top cat tom cannon he is different grade to wayne the whole string will be 5/7 lb well in.
    gpc70 said:

as we are talking trainers to follow alan king is in flying form on the flat,when the jumps start he will be worth following now that wayne hutchinsons retired he has got the most underated jockey as his number 1 the top cat tom cannon he is different grade to wayne the whole string will be 5/7 lb well in.

Yes always liked alan King but felt last year he went off a bit as he getting lot better with flat horses. Misty4ME and i both great followers of his normally. strange thing is i liked Wayne hutchinson but then to me anybody was better than Choc thornton .
    have to agree wayne was better than choc one was poor the other awful
    Another new flat trainer to follow is George boughey, Some Good horses and nice prices. I like to find these upcoming trainers as the value you get is superb if they know there stuff and before most punters become aware. Too many like the Stoutes etc of this world.

I always remember latching onto Mark Johnston early, yes I am that old LOL. In his early days he had loads of fast horses up to a mile and always overpriced. HINARI TELEVIDEON won me a paper naps comp winning a big sprint at 25-1 . He started training on a lincolnshire beach close to a bombing range. always thought that galvanised his sprinters

Those were the days
    most ridden by Bobby Elliot in the early days then along came Dean McKeown one of my old school mates was his cousin and we were told mr baileys was the best horse he had trained and to back it first time out,it ran on a Friday night last race of the day at Newcastle 9.15 me a nd a few mates were having a beer in covent garden that night anyway found a bookie William hills full of Chinese who had all backed the fav one of Mark Prescotts 4/7 baileys was a 6/1 poke we filled our boots 2 clear after 1/2 a furlong 4 clear halfway won by 6 with dean looking for the others.
    Then Dean got it beat at Goodwood boxed in only 5runners Mark went mad Dean went to hong kong lol.
    Yes Dean didnt last long with him but bobby elliott was his man. And then of course Jason Weaver
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    vaigret said:

gpc70 said:

Yes always liked alan King but felt last year he went off a bit as he getting lot better with flat horses. Misty4ME and i both great followers of his normally. strange thing is i liked Wayne hutchinson but then to me anybody was better than Choc thornton .
    As Terry @vaigret mentioned, I've always liked and followed Alan King, and I'm with Terry in that I thought Wayne Hutchinson was pretty good, or certainly solid as a jockey. One thing he defo did, was ALWAYS be on the right one if Alan King had two runners in a race, which helps when you follow a Trainer.
    I totally agree too that Tom Cannon is one of the best jockeys riding, and I'm glad Alan King has him as his no.1 stable jockey. I've followed him for a while now, 'coz I really rate Chris Gordon as a Trainer too, who Tom Cannon rode for, and still does if he gets the chance.
    One of the reasons Alan King didn't do quite as well last Season is that he tends to have horses that like better ground. He rarely has horses that run well on SOFT or HEAVY going. Including my favourite horse in training SCEAU ROYAL.... the Best and Fastest Jumper in training imo.... but needs GOOD going.

You're spot on with Amy Murphy too Terry...... as you know I don't really follow the FLAT, so I've not seen much of her there, but she does really well with the few jumpers she has, and I've followed her for a few years now.

yes when Dean departed Mark didn't have as stable jockey used my the best available for most of next season,late in the season Mark had two in a race at I think redcar my mate who new McKeown said weaver was going to get the job anyway Weaver was on one and Paul Eddery one the other both big prices neither had run before the race was over 1mile 2 so with Jasson apparently getting the job my £20 went on his mount at around 12/1 it lead all the way won easy the horse double trigger.
    happy days indeed
    DOUBLE TRIGGER a legend and loved Attraction as well. In our reminescing I remebered my best day at the races although it wasnt. Let me explain.

2000 Guineas day 1981 and my favourite racehorse was running. A video of the race is on you tube. Palace House Stakes. The horse STANDAAN the speediest grey ever.

Well stupidly I did some win bets but mostly place. SCHOOLBOY ERROR!!!! I had four winners CORNISHMAN 20-1 trained by old master REG HOLLINSHEAD, TO AGORI MOU IN THE 2000GUINEAS, STANDAAN absolutely blitzed the opposition at 33-1 under Yves st Martin and another 12-1 shot , cant remember its name. Finished nicely up on the day but OH it could have been much better.

STANDAAN was trained C.Austin and E wheeler at different times, never top trainers but knew how to get the best out of this lovely horse.

Those were the days.
    edited June 2020
    NOW A 20-1 SECOND with THAQAFFA behind hot thing FOX VARDY

and then her first, for a while, unplaced in a small race

BEAR VALLEY
    napping was 1 of hers 6/4 -evens won 2half lengths
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    edited June 2020
    Did you see METHOD Win at Doncaster today (1.20pm)??

On it's 2-y-o debut with Ryan Moore on (a TIP in itself 'coz he very, very rarely rides for Martin Meade), backed from 15/8 fav to 11/10 fav (probably even Bigger odds last night)........ fell out of the stalls, Tracked leader on bit and pushed clear in a VERY GOOD Time.
    Definitely worth following ;)B)
    gpc70 said:

napping was 1 of hers 6/4 -evens won 2half lengths

Yes mate just seen it, one i backed last week that finished at 6-1 and started this thread.
    MISTY4ME said:

Did you see METHOD Win at Doncaster today (1.20pm)??

On it's 2-y-o debut with Ryan Moore on (a TIP in itself 'coz he very, very rarely rides for Martin Meade), backed from 15/8 fav to 11/10 fav (probably even Bigger odds last night)........ fell out of the stalls, Tracked leader on bit and pushed clear in a VERY GOOD Time.
    Definitely worth following ;)B)

YES VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE
  • 1981MATT1981MATT Member Posts: 1,776
    Convinced me to place 50p E/W Sois Rebelle 80/1 17:40 Kempton ridden by Hollie Doyle
    1981MATT said:

Convinced me to place 50p E/W Sois Rebelle 80/1 17:40 Kempton ridden by Hollie Doyle

lets hope we get a return
    Sorry mate ran like 200-1 shot.