You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Connection issues again

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Was given advice to open on chrome
    Nice that someone tried to help.
    Not nice when you’re a technophobe and don’t understand how.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    I tried on Chrome. It wouldn't open skypoker for a few minutes but other websites were OK.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,362
    edited June 2020
    tomgoodun said:

Have you not got Chrome browser Tom ?

All us cool guys have it.

Edit, Cool KIDS
  • Options
    mumsie said:

tomgoodun said:

Have you not got Chrome browser Tom ?

All us cool guys have it.

I have no clue mate.
  • Options
    I hold my hands up to being a technophobe.
    Question , is it any use me having the download client if I need to “ change browsers”?
    I cannot be a rsed to learn how to be a pc whiz kid to play a game of fun, it makes zero sense to me.
    I’m grumpy.
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Funny how the woman on live chat said there were no site wide issues tonight and that before I play again i should check my connection. They are the same every time offer a refund of less than you should be due and then claim it's your problem . Happening far too often this.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    @tomgoodun
    Chrome is a web browser just like Internet Explorer, but some people prefer it (me included).
    Internet Explorer is by Microsoft
    Chrome is by Google.
    They do the same thing. You use them to access the internet.
  • Options
    Probably better if you dont Change Tom.

It would have been a case of .

Changing browsers instantly and by the time you changed and were up and running, your original setup would have started working anyway.

Stick with Internet Explorer, its a fine award winning browser.

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,167
    tomgoodun said:

I hold my hands up to being a technophobe.
    Question , is it any use me having the download client if I need to “ change browsers”?
    I cannot be a rsed to learn how to be a pc whiz kid to play a game of fun, it makes zero sense to me.
    I’m grumpy.

Hi Tom @tomgoodun ..... sorry to hear it didn't go well in Deepy.

I'm very similar in that I'm a bit of a technophobe and often have to ask my daughters to do Techy stuff. Which Browser do you play through??

I always use (Google) Chrome ,,,,I'm sure you know the symbol (the Green, Red. Yellow and Blue sign mumsie put above).
    If you don't use it normally, it might be worth trying.... or having available, because, even though I get issues with it when everyone else does,it does seem to come back really quickly..... either by closing the table and opening it again by using the Pink Launch Tournament Tab in the Lobby..... or by logging out altogether and logging back in. I had to do this with tonight's little outage.... but I only missed 2 hands ...... where Corey @miniman88 was stealing our chips ;)

He was playing on the Download Client ..... and was only offline for a few seconds he said.

Hope this helps Tom
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    gregkdy82 said:

Funny how the woman on live chat said there were no site wide issues tonight and that before I play again i should check my connection. They are the same every time offer a refund of less than you should be due and then claim it's your problem . Happening far too often this.

Still going to carry on playing here though, yeah?
  • Options

@tomgoodun
    Chrome is a web browser just like Internet Explorer, but some people prefer it (me included).
    Chrome is by Google.

Thanks mate.
    Thing is, it’s like talking to a child I’m afraid, first thing what comes to mind is, how do I get this chrome thingy?
    Second is, why should I need it if I have the download client?
    Thirdly ( is thirdly a word) ?
    Fourth - Will all this faffing about ( I guess online trying to find Mr Chrome, worrying if it’s the right one , will it b.ugger my pc up if I ‘download’ the wrong one, will I find the right one, is there more than one chrome, ) cause me to lose my chips, mind, patience etc etc.?

Worked out why my wife and children get a bit miffed when I ask about internet , pc, issues ?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475
    tomgoodun said:

@tomgoodun
    Chrome is by Google.

Thanks mate.
    Thing is, it’s like talking to a child I’m afraid, first thing what comes to mind is, how do I get this chrome thingy?
    Second is, why should I need it if I have the download client?
    Thirdly ( is thirdly a word) ?
    Fourth - Will all this faffing about ( I guess online trying to find Mr Chrome, worrying if it’s the right one , will it b.ugger my pc up if I ‘download’ the wrong one, will I find the right one, is there more than one chrome, ) cause me to lose my chips, mind, patience etc etc.?

Worked out why my wife and children get a bit miffed when I ask about internet , pc, issues ?
    @tomgoodun

Here's a link to the Chrome browser Tom.

CHROME

• Options
    gregkdy82 said:

I think that's a generic answer they refer to when they don't realise there is a wider problem.

I wouldnt see anything negative or manipulating in that reply.

Oh wait. its you again.

Yes, she probably saw your name and thought , Ive got a habitual moaner, lets fob him off with some made up stuff and see if he goes away.
  • Options
    Thanks for trying to help guys,
    Last question before bed.

I launched sky poker on the internet using some browser thingy which probably wasn’t chrome.

How come I could only play one of my tables, and had little choice of raising option?
    Would that not be exactly the same whichever “ Browser” I chose?
  • Options
    Im not exactly sure what you mean Tom.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,167
    tomgoodun said:

I launched sky poker on the internet using some browser thingy which probably wasn’t chrome.

How come I could only play one of my tables, and had little choice of raising option?

Sounds really weird that Tom.

What would normally happen, when you reopened the site ..... ALL the tables you were playing, would open, but all on top of each other, and you would have to move each one individually yourself.... or TILE them (if you use that feature)

If I was you I would defo Download SKYPoker using the download client tab..... then it will come up as an icon on your initial/start-up screen, where you would always be able to go to if you're having problems.

I'm sure @mumsie will be able to explain it better

It will also be worth downloading CHROME by clicking on @Tikay10 post above ..... this will also give you the Google Chrome icon on your initial/start-up screen.

It might be worth trying them out to see what works best for you.....and to get used to having the option if you need to switch

GOOD LUCK tonight mate :)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

tomgoodun said:

Sounds really weird that Tom.

What would normally happen, when you reopened the site ..... ALL the tables you were playing, would open, but all on top of each other, and you would have to move each one individually yourself.... or TILE them (if you use that feature)

If I was you I would defo Download SKYPoker using the download client tab..... then it will come up as an icon on your initial/start-up screen, where you would always be able to go to if you're having problems.

I'm sure @mumsie will be able to explain it better

It will also be worth downloading CHROME by clicking on @Tikay10 post above ..... this will also give you the Google Chrome icon on your initial/start-up screen.

It might be worth trying them out to see what works best for you.....and to get used to having the option if you need to switch

GOOD LUCK tonight mate :)
    I have the download client icon on my pc.
    Last night , when the tables ‘froze’ I closed all the tables , pressed the red x at top right and closed the download client.
    Gave it a minute.
    Double clicked the icon as normal.
    Wouldn’t re-launch the site.

Then I tried on the internet using browser unknown, probably internet explorer.
    I am ( and was ) unaware if all the tables opened, (seems a weird way of operating, if you’re not in the ‘ I know this is going to happen ‘ club, you’re kinda p....I.n.g. in the wind)

Thanks for helping mate, don’t think I’ll be playing tonight, I need to keep my stress at a manageable level.
  • Options
    ^ If the tables opened on top of each other I should have wrote.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,277
    Hi Tom

I use Firefox browser which is fine, as is Chrome according to others, avoid using Microsoft Edge as I get problems with that one.

• Options
    Enut said:

Hi Tom

I use Firefox browser which is fine, as is Chrome according to others, avoid using Microsoft Edge as I get problems with that one.

Hi Paul

If you play more than one tournament at a time, do the tables open over the top of each other?
    Or, as on the download client , have you facilities to re-size and drag to where you want them?

I usually play 4 , and if on the odd occasion I’m still in my early ones I have 6 at same time.