You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£500 + 3 months = ???

Comments

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    As it's been the best part of a week since I last updated, I figured it was time I treated you all to another thrilling instalment from pokers most reckless bubble player...

So, progress has been spectacular and the bankroll has now reached a lofty £548.85. At this rate I should be taking my first shots at the £55 Sheriff around the same time Tikay gets his telegram from the Queen.

It has been an extremely dull 6 days all told. Volume hasn't been spectacular, but it has still been way better than before starting this diary (monthly points total is now 1,500), which is something. The roll peaked at £580 and bottomed-out at £480, so I am at least a consistently break-even player I guess?!

Highlights include taking a naughty and unsuccessful under-rolled shot at the Main on Monday (all for the fans of course!), winning my first MTT of the diary (I binked a mighty 45-man £3.30bh this morning), and getting consistently looked up by @SMARTGOAT every time I decide to empty the clip with 9 high at the 20nl tables.

Fingers crossed there'll be some more dramatic progress soon or I might end up taking the @teamclau approach to bankroll management ;).

Current Balance: £548.85
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    Good luck in the Sheriff next week then pal.

Not sure it helps you but I have been playing quite a few MML games, which in turn, has stopped my BR plummeting faster than normal.

If you feel the urge to take shots at the higher BI games, you really need to try the satellite route. I play my best poker in the all in sats.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724

... winning my first MTT of the diary (I binked a mighty 45-man £3.30bh this morning) ...

Congratulations. I assume you must have finally read that book ;)
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 865

As it's been the best part of a week since I last updated, I figured it was time I treated you all to another thrilling instalment from pokers most reckless bubble player...

So, progress has been spectacular and the bankroll has now reached a lofty £548.85. At this rate I should be taking my first shots at the £55 Sheriff around the same time Tikay gets his telegram from the Queen.

It has been an extremely dull 6 days all told. Volume hasn't been spectacular, but it has still been way better than before starting this diary (monthly points total is now 1,500), which is something. The roll peaked at £580 and bottomed-out at £480, so I am at least a consistently break-even player I guess?!

Highlights include taking a naughty and unsuccessful under-rolled shot at the Main on Monday (all for the fans of course!), winning my first MTT of the diary (I binked a mighty 45-man £3.30bh this morning), and getting consistently looked up by @SMARTGOAT every time I decide to empty the clip with 9 high at the 20nl tables.

Fingers crossed there'll be some more dramatic progress soon or I might end up taking the @teamclau approach to bankroll management ;).

I thought you were down in the 300s at one point? Good volume either way mate
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228

This feels familiar.

Good work dude, I always like (borderline love) to see this diary updated. I feel a tear (or a bok?) is on the horizon.

*Tear = rip, not one those crying tears. Although one of those could be on the horizon too. Or lots of them. Let's hope not, eh?
  • Options
    teamclauteamclau Member Posts: 56
    Just sit £500nl and win, easy game :p (Please don't I can not be held responsible)
    gl gl gl!!!
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

I thought you were down in the 300s at one point? Good volume either way mate
    That was at the end of day one. Been bobbling around £480-£580 ever since.
  • Options
    SR23 said:

This feels familiar.

Good work dude, I always like (borderline love) to see this diary updated. I feel a tear (or a bok?) is on the horizon.

*Tear = rip, not one those crying tears. Although one of those could be on the horizon too. Or lots of them. Let's hope not, eh?
    Thanks for the diary love and I sure hope you're right about the tear-up - we could both do with the boom switch being flicked on from what I can see :).

As for @SMARTGOAT, I'm gonna start making those moves with 5 high to unblock 9x from his range and make my lines more credible. Just don't tell him ok?
  • Options
    teamclau said:

Just sit £500nl and win, easy game :p (Please don't I can not be held responsible)
    gl gl gl!!!

You filthy degen - I love it! :D
  • Options

SR23 said:

This feels familiar.

Thanks for the diary love and I sure hope you're right about the tear-up - we could both do with the boom switch being flicked on from what I can see :).

As for @SMARTGOAT, I'm gonna start making those moves with 5 high to unblock 9x from his range and make my lines more credible. Just don't tell him ok?
    I'm on roughly 1800 points - don't suppose you fancy a let's-see-if-we-can-reach-prio diary-off for this month, do you? Completely understand if you don't, I'm not even sure if I do ...

Good idea wrt credible, unblocky lines versus @SMARTGOAT - might start doing the same but, yes, please don't tell @SMARTGOAT about our plans for @SMARTGOAT
  • Options
    I'm gonna take a rain check on the 'let's-see-if-we-can-reach-prio diary-off for this month'. Month one was always intended to be my stop-being-such-a-flaky-b!tch-warm-up-month, but I could well be up for such shenanigans in August if you're still blogging, solvent, and sane :).

It'll be our little secret then - @SMARTGOAT will never know.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

I'm gonna take a rain check on the 'let's-see-if-we-can-reach-prio diary-off for this month'. Month one was always intended to be my stop-being-such-a-flaky-b!tch-warm-up-month, but I could well be up for such shenanigans in August if you're still blogging, solvent, and sane :).

It'll be our little secret then - @SMARTGOAT will never know.

I'll take the unders
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Loving the ups and downs of the challenge. Wonder if @Duesenberg makes prio in July?
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Loving the ups and downs of the challenge. Wonder if @Duesenberg makes prio in July?

It was really close but I just missed out by the tiniest of margins... :kissing:
  • Options
    Good lord - it appears to have been over 3 weeks since I last updated in here. Where to even begin?!

Well... err... can we maybe just consider July a false start? The lack of updates has been purely indicative of an almost complete lack of playing. Outside of my weekly streams, I've barely played a hand of poker over the past few weeks, which of course was the whole bl00dy reason I started this thread.

Perhaps today provides the perfect collection of reasons to get this going again. It's the start of a new month, it's the first day of a new promo, it the first day of a new week and yours truly will be firing up the stream later to deliver his usual charming display of poker excellence.

See you in a few weeks then... :blush:

Current Balance: £468.41
  • Options
    False starts are what all the cool kids are doing these days.

Gl with this month - I'll almost certainly be popping into the stream later to say hello and do some Office quotes.
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    good luck with this....and are you sure about giving me a colour upgrade , not sure I've earned that yet !
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    edited August 2020
    I can already feel my eyes hurting from the purple. Wrong thread. Ignore me.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    I have watched a few of the Mike the Mouth streams this week and can assure you that whilst your language and verbal assessment of your opponents is similar to his you seem to be far superior with regard to poker ability.

I shall endeavour to pop in this evening in order to partake of the banterage.