You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Scottish Premiership starts

CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
edited August 2020 in The Football Corner
Main story is will Celtic do the 1st 10 in a row? Should be an interesting season and a few sub-plots too.

Here are the fixtures for today

Aberdeen 12:30 Rangers
Dundee United 15:00 St Johnstone
Hibernian 15:00 Kilmarnock
St Mirren 15:00 Livingston

Tomorrow

Celtic 16:30 Hamilton Academical

Monday 4th August

Ross County 19:45 Motherwell

Comments

• Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Can’t see past Celtic for the title. Relegation the main story I think this year, I reckon Kilmarnock could really struggle, along with the usual suspects in Hamilton, St. Mirren and Ross County. Livingston to finish top 6 again
  • Options
    Not sure on Celtics odds, at a guess 4/6 or so. Same goes for the relegation battle.

I should be looking for Kilmarnock to stay up being the local Premier team however have never had any real love for them.

Ross County and St Mirren to stay up would be a personal preference. Livingston had very impressive home results last season and should be a stick on for top 6 if they have the same form this season.

Will be watching this season with more interest than most previous ones.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Celtic are shorter than that. 1.49 on the exchanges. Dundee Utd are third favs and you can get a lovely 500/1 on them :D

I've always followed Celtic, but since Stevie got involved I've had no choice but to switch allegiance. Some of the stuff they did in Europe last year was remarkable. I think we'll see a strong start from them this year with the lesser schedule. They've got a fab first 11 imo. Betting on them hard today.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,152
    Cant see past Celtic but it would be nice to have "real" competition for once.

Killie have that look of doom about them already.

Would be nice to see my "team" make a run at a European spot but top 6 is a must this season.

Go on Saint Johnstone. Europe needs Perth.
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528

Celtic are shorter than that. 1.49 on the exchanges. Dundee Utd are third favs and you can get a lovely 500/1 on them :D

I've always followed Celtic, but since Stevie got involved I've had no choice but to switch allegiance. Some of the stuff they did in Europe last year was remarkable. I think we'll see a strong start from them this year with the lesser schedule. They've got a fab first 11 imo. Betting on them hard today.

When Steve gets the boot are you going to switch back to Celtic?

• Options
    gregkdy82 said:

Possibly. I'm a Liverpool fan and we always leant more to Celtic over the years but once Stevie joined Rangers you end up with no choice but to back the man and his team.

Either way, having Rangers back up there is great for Scottish football.
  • Options

gregkdy82 said:

Possibly. I'm a Liverpool fan and we always leant more to Celtic over the years but once Stevie joined Rangers you end up with no choice but to back the man and his team.

Either way, having Rangers back up there is great for Scottish football.
    Them dying was great for Scottish football. Apart from a few right good laughs on the way back up I fail l to see what they have added to the game in Scotland since their reformation.

Fact is too that since Rangers have been in the Premier league Celtic have become even more dominant winning every single domestic trophy available in that time.

'
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Them dying was great for Scottish football.

Rangers never died, never will, read the history books and they will keep you right.

The teams from the lower leagues ( like your mob, if you support them ) were able to survive on the money they made from TV and coming to Ibrox and playing in front of 45,000 +.

Rangers run in europe in the past couple of years has added to Scotlands coefficiency greatly, what has your team done ?.

Of course Celtic are going to be dominant, it's going to take Rangers a couple of seasons to get back up there, but that says more about the other teams in the league.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    rabdeniro said:

Rangers never died, never will, read the history books and they will keep you right.

The teams from the lower leagues ( like your mob, if you support them ) were able to survive on the money they made from TV and coming to Ibrox and playing in front of 45,000 +.

Lol
  • Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    Here we go 10 in a row , Juventus going for the same and Bayern going for 9 so we aren't the only boring league about ;)

I think Roofe and the other striker they signed will strengthen them even when Morelos leave which i can see happening but Celtic have the better squad and depth of quality and that will show in the end plus we will add a few more ourselves.

• Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    You don't get this half-time service in the prawn sandwich league
    https://piesports.co.uk/

• Options
    johnjoe81 said:

Here we go 10 in a row , Juventus going for the same and Bayern going for 9 so we aren't the only boring league about ;)

I think Roofe and the other striker they signed will strengthen them even when Morelos leave which i can see happening but Celtic have the better squad and depth of quality and that will show in the end plus we will add a few more ourselves.

Signed two strikers and Morelos has maybe played his last game for the club.
  • Options
    Red_King said:

You don't get this half-time service in the prawn sandwich league
    https://piesports.co.uk/

Shorts pies used to be the best, Hard to beat a Killie pie now.
  • Options
    Its the Kilmarnock Pie ;)@rabdeniro

A bit of a dispute about the name I heard a while ago. Not the same is it?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    rabdeniro said:

Rangers run in europe in the past couple of years has added to Scotlands coefficiency greatly, what has your team done ?.

Of course Celtic are going to be dominant, it's going to take Rangers a couple of seasons to get back up there, but that says more about the other teams in the league.

My history books say Rangers died in 2011. Sorry gadge.

How did 'my mob' survive on TV money and trips to Ibrox to play in front of 45k? We never had any of our league matches televised when you were struggling to get out of championship and pretty sure we didn't get any cut of your gate receipts for your home matches that's not how it works pal. We may have made a few quid from all the zombies that attended starks park in those two seasons right enough.

Pretty sure we would have made a few quid out of the challenge cup final at a packed Easter Road when we denied the mighty Sevco a first ever cup win. We did have that one televised match at Ibrox in the Scottish Cup when big fat Christian Nade made an absolute mockery of your failing squad as the glorious Rovers sent you packing from yet another cup live on the BBC for the whole of Scotland to laugh at.

Oh and we won our league last season how about you?

Still atleast you beat a couple of Portuguese teams in Europe eh? Hahahahahaha
  • Options
    Hopefully see you at the tables @rabdeniro it's always good seeing Rangers fans at the tables.
  • Options
    "My history books say Rangers died in 2011. Sorry gadge."

You'll need to stop reading the Celtic View, it's time to come out the cupboard and say who you really support and stop hiding behind a wee diddy teams badge

"Oh and we won our league last season how about you?"

Hahahahahaha, that's something to brag about, my local junior team would win that league.

"Still atleast you beat a couple of Portuguese teams in Europe eh? Hahahahahaha"

Yep, had a great run in Europe, how did your mob do eh ?, Hahahahahaha
  • Options
    Celtic were so bad yesterday. It was painful to watch. SPL title odds shifted massive.
  • Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    Oh the banter is flowing :D
  • Options
    The Bants.

https://youtu.be/7T5K1HxEBCU

And for the record, I'm not playin any of them.