You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Scottish Premiership starts

Comments

• CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited August 2020

Celtic were so bad yesterday. It was painful to watch. SPL title odds shifted massive.

Credit to Kilmarnock. Thought Celtic may struggle yesterday, Kilmarnock use a synthetic pitch (like Livingston) and don't think a lot of the players like playing on it. Never an easy place to go.

The Kilmarnock midfield were industrious while Power and Dicker were excellent. The boy up front bullied Jullian and Ajer too. Kambala I think his name is.

Silly penalty to give away by Jullian and Celtic never seemed like scoring, sure they didn't have a shot on target.

Celtic not great however that is at least partly due to Kilmarnock and they didn't allow Celtic to play their game.

The gulf in finances between the two clubs is quite staggering.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Ye not a single chance to speak of. Their goal was a bit of a fluke. He shouldn't be shooting from there in the first place. Just abysmal. Decision making the whole match was abhorrent. Not sure they won a 50/50. I had money on them to win by 4. Terrible.
  • johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    deary me boli , what a clown.

hopefully he gets the boot. terrible player anyway
    johnjoe81 said:

deary me boli , what a clown.

hopefully he gets the boot. terrible player anyway

Saw the BBC article this morning. Was surprised to see the player was named when none of the Aberdeen players were mentioned going against government advise.
  • legascaaclegascaac Member Posts: 124
    well!!!!! they shouldnt ave named the fool but sheepos just as bad if no worse
    If Boli got named then the Aberdeen 8 should as well.

I don't think anyone should have been named as it happens. Puts a target on their back with the fans which is not helpful. Like to see these sort of incidents handled more discretely. The fans bay for blood at the best of times.

Was a Celtic fan that spotted Boli and advised the papers. Think his Celtic career is over as he didn't seem to be doing very well anyway. Silly boy!
  • legascaaclegascaac Member Posts: 124
    your bang right Cammy
    Watched Hibs Motherwell earlier. Shocking game.
    edited August 2020
    Been watching the European games and caught the 2nd half of the Rangers game earlier.

Livingston's defending was admirable, good honest hard graft. Rangers need to win these sorts of games though and this was a good chance to take advantage of Celtic's misfortune by building a lead.
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Great run in the Champions League for the Champions of Scotland this year hahahaha

Up the Ferencvaros :D:D:D
    Bad for the coefficient.

More for Rangers than Celtic however I want all Scottish teams to do well in Europe as I would like to see more money come into the game here.

More European places would be good as well.
    Celtic look bad all over, full backs and maybe midfield aside. It's not as if they've got a bunch of new signings either. On the other hand Rangers completely control teams with the high line and top class recovering, and they've got a bunch of awesome forwards. I can't see them dropping points very often at all. Rangers still haven't conceded a goal. The only excuse I can make for Celtic is that it's still early days after the covid situation.

Rangers have only been back in the SPL a few seasons but every year they've improved a lot, and they'll improve again this year which is already evident. Honestly, I'd have Rangers as favourites atm, but they're not, so I'm going to trade the **** out of them.

This SPL title will depend on who can break down stubborn back lines and who gets more luck trying to break through those walls. Atm Celtic haven't even had to factor in the luck factor because other teams are getting their fair share of play against them, but I expect they'll improve.
    edited August 2020
    I still think Celtic are favourites for the title.

The line at the start of the season seemed high however they are more capable of grinding out the result better vs the rest and looking more comfortable. With Rangers I have felt, under Gerrard, they are not killing off teams by getting the 2nd goal often enough while drifting in and out of games at times.

Last night showed Celtic's need to have Edouard in the team as they didn't have a real striker on the field. Think they had two on the bench so he isn't ready to use them yet.

The 2nd goal was a poor one to lose, a punt up the field and the defender didn't do his job.

It shows a kink in the armour for opponents in the League.
    Rangers have been
    Cammykaze said:

Bad for the coefficient.

More for Rangers than Celtic however I want all Scottish teams to do well in Europe as I would like to see more money come into the game here.

More European places would be good as well.

The old firm doing well in Europe is terrible for Scottish football. The gap between them and rest is too big as it is without them having another source of revenue that the other teams don't. More European places would be nice but when you consider last year our third best team got pumped out by Connahs Quay Nomads what's the **** point.
    "Rangers have a bunch of awesome forwards" :D classic.

This guy one of them?

Lennon at fault for that , starting with no striker , klimala should have started , as should frimpong, as the saying goes you need to take your chances and we never , they had 2 and took them.

I think eddy is offski , on a brighter note turnbull has signed...
    Another good Scottish prospect ruining his career by signing up to warm the bench at Old firm club every week. Aye great news. Hope it works out for him as well as it did for his former well team-mate Jack Hastie.

I read today that Aaron Hickey is to turn down the mighty Bayern Munich to sign for Celtic because his da is a tic fan. Haha only in Scotland.
    Motherwell are a selling club and need to develop then move their star players on to keep themselves going.

Would be good to see the rest competing more however staying afloat and financially secure is more important. The gap in finances is far too wide as you point out. There is not a lot of investment in Scottish football of course.

The League is between Rangers and Celtic each season and has been since the 90s onwards with the main exception of Rangers being demoted.

If a team manages to push both teams harder then that's only a good thing. Motherwell/Hibs and Aberdeen seem to be the best of the rest from what I have read before the season started.

Will be interesting to see what Dundee United are made of too. We know about the others.
    I can see turnbull being a first team player for us after a while looking long term , plus in the current climate Motherwell would be grateful of the cash as cammy pointed out.

The thing is Celtic are also a selling club these days. If they get a couple of foreign players in who they reckon they can turn a better profit on than Turnbull, he will be cast aside.

If you look at Celtic's current midfield options he really has no chance getting himself a first team spot anytime soon.

Wonder where Andy Robertson would be now if he had joined the old firm instead of Hull?

Of course The Well will be glad of the money but they wouldn't have been short of offers for the boy as he seems a real talent and i'm sure he could have chosen a better option for his own career. Of all the players Motherwell have sold to the old firm over the years most if not all have failed to reach their potential while players like Lambert and McFadden who showed more ambition and moved out of the country went on to have superb careers in the game.