You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Death of SNGs

1235»

Comments

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Thudd said:

Tikay said the last power hours were in January – 8 months ago. That is poor to be honest. You are not giving the people who put a lot of rake into the system any benefit. Looking at other ways to bring new players in is great, but you need to look after the people already here, because when those players go then you have a lot of empty seats and nobody wants to play on a poker site with not a lot of players. Sky have drove a lot of regulars away by treating them as an underling to new players.

I was off for a few years and I have only just came back recently, I am playing on another site just now because there is not a lot of action on Sky, and reasons given by Sky like ‘power hours only benefit high volume players’ are ridiculous. Everyone benefits because those double points are open to everyone who plays those games. It is not our problem if some play more than others. I’ve got news for you, when a group of players are putting in a lot of the rake, playing daily and putting in a grind, why should they not benefit more than a new player who does not contribute the same?
    Help me understand this please.

Pokerstars did the same years back with their Supernova and it cost them a few players and sponsored pros but they could get away with it because they had a stranglehold on the market, these procedures of punishing the regs should not apply to all poker sites and it is dangerous for a smaller poker site to think they can get away with it too.

In their quest to bring in new players, Sky have ignored the regular players, or taken them for granted at the very least.

What a load of tosh. Sky's rakeback system with weekly rakeback, monthly rakeback, and super duper high value promos is almost industry leading.

What is the big deal with power hours? They were never that popular anyway. Comparing Sky not running power hours with the removal of Supernova is just crazy.
  • Options
    ThuddThudd Member Posts: 4

What a load of tosh. Sky's rakeback system with weekly rakeback, monthly rakeback, and super duper high value promos is almost industry leading.

What is the big deal with power hours? They were never that popular anyway. Comparing Sky not running power hours with the removal of Supernova is just crazy.

A load of tosh to you but you are one person and a biased one at that. I am more interested in facts, and the facts show regulars are leaving Sky and moving onto another site. Why you may ask? Its probably a good time to listen to what people are saying, that would be a good start.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited August 2020
    Thudd said:

A load of tosh to you but you are one person and a biased one at that. I am more interested in facts, and the facts show regulars are leaving Sky and moving onto another site. Why you may ask? Its probably a good time to listen to what people are saying, that would be a good start.

What are you basing this on? Your analysis of a situation needs to much more quantitative than just what you think you're seeing in a vacuum.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Thudd said:

Facts?

I assume you have the data to back it up then?
  • Options
    ThuddThudd Member Posts: 4
    I will leave it at that. Lets hope these promos bring in the new wave of players.
  • Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    I usually play DYMs but having trouble for a while now with games loading , on the app mostly so deleted it, firefox worked well but then it started there too and on chrome so only play now and again , game loads then i have to re enter pin , before i get to press login it refreshes and asks again , by the 5th or 6th time if im fast enough ive only missed a few hands , either that or duplicate tables even though ive not turned wifi off, frustrating.
  • Options
    gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 212
    I was a biggish player in the heyday of sit n goes on sky and was a member of team sky poker. I won my place on the team through playing DYMs.
    I played usually £10 games and up to £50 depending on who was playing and how I was running and while I never made massive amounts I did ok and made priority at times and the rakeback offers in place at the time made it worthwhile as it could turn a break-even or losing month into profit.
    I also played MTTs as well in the evening donating my SNG profits back lol and further generating rake.
    At one point I remember checking on scope my figures and I believe I had generated over £80k in rake for sky (I made nowhere near that lol).
    Moving forward there were less games filling up and less recs so the games became tougher and if I am honest my game began to become stale and outdated.
    Also skys rakeback changed for the worst so that net was removed.
    Not having time to spend hours studying I started to drop down to lower levels to stop losses and eventually played £2 and £3 games so little profit and rakeback so I lost interest and drifted away.
    I have reappeared occasionally as I do miss the site and do look at the forum but overall I dont play much now and usually when I do its on other sites.
    Sorry got a bit off piste but the point I would like to make is when I played there were no turbo DYMs and I would probably return if the rake was halved and have a bash at them.
    At present 10% rake on a game that lasts around ten minutes is ridiculous IMO particularly as variance is high and the skill factor is diluted.
    My good lady plays these now for fun and kind of breaks even or makes a small profit which she uses in satellites but she is reducing the amount of time she plays too.
    Just for info she found streak weeks fun and particularly enjoyed the bounty hunter freeroll promo even though she did not win anything.