You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

No Masks.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,982
Train passenger knocked out by hoodie thug in mask row feared he was 'going to die'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-UZx0iPAs0

A train passenger knocked out by a yob with a "precision punch" in a face mask row said he thought he was going to die.

John Adam was in hospital for 24 hours after being thumped at Clapham Junction station on Sunday by a passerby with a pushchair.

The 43-year-old was left with severe laceration and in need of stitches in his head, and admits he is plagued with nightmares about the attack.

Mr Adam was on his way home from an Italian restaurant in south London with friend Peter Caldecott-Gabriel, who filmed the incident on his phone.

The pair had been arguing with South Western Railway staff by the ticket barrier because at least one member was not wearing a mask.

Mr Adam said he was so worked up he accused the staff of spreading coronavirus.

The video footage shows a man in a grey hoodie - also not wearing a mask - appear and punch him.

Mr Adam can be heard saying "you're not wearing one either" - which he believes the man mistook for being aimed at him.

He told the MailOnline he was "very angry" that certain staff weren't wearing masks and said he was told to "mind my own business and that just made me angrier".

"This man had nothing to do with it. He decided to interfere in something that was none of his business.

"I could see this large lump in grey from corner of my eye.

"He then suddenly appeared right in front of me and then whack, my head just shook inside, I could hear this ringing noise and then everything went black. I thought he was going to kill me."

Mr Adam needs further tests and worries the attack may have had lasting damage as he still suffers from double vision.

While he plans to get a coronavirus test because staff were "right in my face".

He now wants action taken against them, because he feels they made no effort to prevent the attack - and has urged police to track down the hooded man.

SWR has said the staff member Mr Adam initially had an issue with is medically exempt from wearing a mask.

A spokesperson said the incident was reported to the British Transport Police and an investigation is underway.

"We will cooperate in this investigation fully, but as it is ongoing it would be inappropriate for us to comment further", they added.

In the footage, staff did not pursue the man but could be heard saying they have called emergency services.

Police are continuing to investigate the attack.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/train-passenger-knocked-out-by-hoodie-thug-in-mask-row-feared-he-was-going-to-die/ar-BB18dy4k

Comments