You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

BOTgate 04.30 a.m £5.50 BH, Sherlock Holmes, Poirot,Miss Marple (especially) & Super Sleuths welcome

Comments

• gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    why bother with poker paul stick to punting
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723

I think you used Occam's razor backwards?

I'd lean to my favourite razor, Hitchen's Razor, in this case.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

This is pure gold, love it.
    Used regular on FB perchance?

Or Ruddocks Razor, if you can’t prove it, kick it into touch.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited September 2020
    tomgoodun said:

I think you used Occam's razor backwards?

I'd lean to my favourite razor, Hitchen's Razor, in this case.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

This is pure gold, love it.
    Used regular on FB perchance?

Or Ruddocks Razor, if you can’t prove it, kick it into touch.
    'Ruddock's Razor' Haha. That's gold too.

I definitely do not use Hitchen's razor regularly on FB. I'd be better off saying it to a brick wall most of the time.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,334
    Wonderful to see Christoper Hitches quoted.

Post of the Century.
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    The world could really do with Christopher Hitchens right now. Sorely missed :/
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    mumsie said:

Wonderful to see Christoper Hitches quoted.

Post of the Century.

He was a good man. I love people who try and see the truth despite whatever facade is presented. As someone who never had a father figure, he is the voice in my head when I need to find reason.

He will surely rest in peace, not that he'd thank me for referring to him being in heaven.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,022

This is Vespa levels of crackheadedness (can't believe thats not a word)

I'm glad i'm in your mind all the time.
  • rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 617
    misterpj said:

Now, Ladies and Gentleman, before you lot, go GangNam Style
    Forget, who it is, posting.
    Try, the subject matter.

This is, the 04.30 £5.50 Bounty Hunter.
    Usually, very small fields, approaching the 5 minute rest break, at 04.55,two tables, eight runners, as you will see, myself, and another player, on a table of four players, naturally the two small stacks, and, per chance, we were seated, with the chip leaders, in 1st and 2nd.
    Thus far, fairly standard stuff.Then,that changed!
    Simoultaneously, the TWO stacked players, (only 8 left in tourney, late reg, closed and all that) 'became away' hand before rest break'
    Stayed away, all rest break, and 'away' for the rest of the mtt, which took another hour to conclude.

Both myself, and the other active player, found this situation (1) odd, unusual,very very unusual, played hundreds of these, early morning jobbies, oft, with an arched brow, and never, ever, experienced this before.

So, Ocams Razor says ; which hypotheses (multiple choice!) just like the old school exams.
    1. stacked chip leaders ONE and TWO, both simultaneously fell FAST ASLEEP? 125-1
    2. stacked chip leaders ONE and TWO, both simultaneously permenantly lost their connections 25-1
    3. 'summit else' hmm! 1-66

In, the last 48 hours, both, BOTH, players A & B, have played, precisely ONE, only one, MTT, this one!

Just for, my and others clarification?
    Automated betting software (B. O. T. S.) are,;
    (A) banned
    (B) illegal
    (C)??? not in use, on this site.

Remember, not just yours truly, but, the other active player, smelt a RAT, not just me.
    'We' would like this put, to your Sniff Test.

GangNam style, over to you.

• rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 617
    wasted 1 min of my life reading this thread still no clue what is about
  • TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    @misterpj I want to make absolutely sure I understand you. You are stating that because two players were 'away', they must have been BOTS? I thought the idea of a BOT was to win tournaments not to not play them?
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Well, well well.
    Lateral Thinkers required, but...

Need, to set it out, in.. NURSERY School language.

First,probably,? I had, back in 2001,the most cutting edge FULLY LEGAL, automated betting software, BOTS, multiple, for Poker? NO
    for the biggest (then) 'boomtime' betting exchange, you know the one?
    It has even got a proper Poker connection, THE MONK, yes, Andy Black knows, so does, did, Mr Tony Galvin, Valor La!! major pr (public relations nightmare, lmao)

Go ask Mr Bruce Millington, I assume? (dangerous things assumptions) and, I can't be bothered to Google, and, or call, the RP news desk.The mega, Palace fan, who gets, oodlems, of ridiculous stick, Mr Bruce Millington, ask him, ffs, was, famous last words.
    Like, a good few of us, going to, invest, heavy, because, the most innovative betting revolution, EVER, needed, working capitol.
    Crowd Funding, Social Media, was not around.

This, is why, I can, if I choose, look on, with distain, at, some of the sheer, idiotic, head in sand, insta NONSENCE, that appears, from the likes, of some, of the usual suspects,in this THREAD.

GPC, stick with me, you, won't, be disappointed, or let down,in any way easy for me, to SHOW EM.
    right up, but, I am not, never have been, remotely like that, the ignorance, is way, beyond PAINFUL.

At that time, the now, ubba successful, BRIGHTON owner, think STAR LIZARD CAMDEN,
    Yes, him... was, I think you will find, (they scurry for Google) in Gibraltar, doing? what, odds compiler for VC

An, ironic, very, wittisism, while, the BIG 4, needed new Pampers,betting exchanges, wtf!!
    he big on course fella, Mr Gentleman Bookmaker, Victor C, said, I only wish, I thought of it first. Tony B, worked for VC.

The booming, exchange, 'out of a portacabin' ask Andy Black, badly urgently needed,liquid £££.

But, at that time, anything, betting related, with, www. com. or co.uk
    Gpc.. then, age 36..
    Was going, BITCOIN crazy, for 40k,in 2001,you could, get, up and running, online, as a bookmaker, or, invest a chunk, state of the art, LEGAL, bespoke, cutting edge software, with, the EXCHANGES, full blessing.
    Or, for 20 to 25 K, you could legally, do, what I did, THIS IS, 2001,not 2020 in con vid era!, like, use it now, GRUSS software.

This, is painful,..I, don't know, how, the Boss,.. deals with it?
    The Boss, knows, so, a diplomat, Deserves, A medal... I want, some, sort, level playing field, for ME.
    Follow, the crowd, zero, none, nada, chance,.. Sad, really, super sharp, brain, glad, I ain't Tony, a medal, for, a few, of the abject, IDIOTS, on this thread.

As, a qualifier, here, you go,.
    Iffy Biznez, title, my book.
    The exchange, by word, was, CAVEAT EMPTOR, that's Latin, need to know?
    Buyer, beware,..

That, exactly, was, the XCHANGE, set, in stone, until, this.

U, want? The REAL truth, you, will have too, purchase, MY BOOK
    Iffy Biznez
    Example, of, cleaning up,LEGALLY, with, automated, betting software.
    Mine, set, to an over round, book, 106%,auto trading, 24-7
    Champions League, Europa League
    GET, try hard, TRY, REALLY REALLY HARD...
    the markets, in the EUROPA LEAGUE, took, zero, NONE, nada, account, of, that,..
    The, top teams,exiting CHAMP League, went, late, defacto, into late entry, EUROPA LEAGUE,
    That, one Market,alone,auto traded, made me, enough, for a very very nice, detached, PROPERTY.
    Pitiful, I need, to spell it out, the Outright Europa League winners Market, trading, 100%,101%,inc,INC,ffs,major bookmaker bots, and private INDIVIDUAL BOTS, without, WITHOUT, any Market Adjustment, for, teams eliminated, from CHAMP League, enter, Europa, FACT made, a kill G 👍💪👌🙏😂😂👑😜🤣😁👍
    So, every, little, Johnny come lately, Oik, on this thread, CLUELESS.

facts, RIGHT, on (specific) every Point

£5.50 buy in, Bounty Hunter,,
    mtt start time, 04.30 am Sunday
    Total runners, in field, Inc late reg, 15.
    Starting Stack 2000 chips.
    Mtt start time 04.30
    within 20 minutes, 04.30 - 04.50 (5 mins pre break)
    8 players left, two tables, irony, myself, and one other REAL genuine player,
    Player A, stacked 7000 plus, with bounties
    Player B, stacked near 6000 chips
    Within, only 20 minutes, that, my dear friends, is sensational
    And, Cilla Black, both, mysteriously, go, went, perma AWOL, never seen again.
    One, Flew, over, THE COOKus Nest 😁
    Not, with standing, in a 15 runner field, 8 left, at 04.52 am,
    ADRENALINE, alone, would keep you awake.
    Further, for those splitting HAIRS.
    Player A, had played ZERO, since Sept 4th 21.30
    choses,to play a £5.50 early hours, Sunday morning 04.30 am BH
    Funnily enough, stacked right off, inside 20 minutes
    Player B,funnily enough, stacked, right Off
    from Sept 3rd to Sept 6th,
    played,one mtt 3rd Sept 21.45, one mtt 5th Sept 17.30, two mtts, at 04.15 and 04.30 6th Sept.
    Both, MYSTERY, gone AWOL, stacked players, lmao, incredible, Logistics! Raa Raa rofl.
    Now, back to the chase,
    Stacked, right off, 20 minutes deep, both, go, PERMA AWOL.
    Locations, (idiot) for display purposes, only
    Further,? Thought? You, idiot? I. T wizard? Can't be! Url, scramblers, ever? Heard of them, lmaoff
    This Stinks, embarrassing, the replies.
    Another, 'innocent player'.. Irony, does not, post forum, in case embarrassed, the same player, to me, said, suggested, summit IFFY.
    Me, I know, what, BOTS, auto software, look like, when, they, go Pete Tong.

edited September 2020
    Or, just possibly, there was an internet outage at this time.
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    "Need, to set it out, in.. NURSERY School language."

I'll wait for this version.
    Let me know when you post it.
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    So, in conclusion.
    Two, random players, who had hardly played, at all, in the prior 48 hours, both randomly decide to play, the 04.30 a. m £5.50 bounty hunter.
    Two players, with a 04.30 a. m start,2000 start stacks, both randomly get stacked, right off, 7k + & 6k,within 20 minutes
    Two players, (8 left) both randomly become away, at (before) the first 04.55 rest break.
    Two players,randomly remain, and stay, permanently away, until the tournament concludes, over an hour later. One, fell permanently asleep! the other, permanently lost connection.
    The Tooth Fairy & Father Christmas are both real, living breathing, entities.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Life is complex
    Consider alternative- It’s 4:30am and players partner arrives in the room saying “ What are you doing playing at this hour, you promised you would pack the suitcases prior to our flight !”

Players partner b “ You are an absolute bell end for playing before work” an argument ensues and Laptop gets smashed in the process.

Many more normal day to day reasons other than being a “ Bot” in these circumstances make much more sense.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,334
    Try this Mr PJ.

"Two players seemed to play a bit it wierd in a 4:30am tournament.
    I think they could have been bots though there could be another explanation."

Anyone got any ideas what could be occurring?"

Maybe Interact with some replies?

Be a little open minded ?

Hope this isn't too far fetched.
    In, the last 48 hours, both, BOTH, players A & B, have played, precisely ONE, only one, MTT, this one!

Two, random players, who had hardly played, at all, in the prior 48 hours, both randomly decide to play, the 04.30 a. m £5.50 bounty hunter.

Which is it? Hardly played or haven't played prior to this tournament?
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Mister PJ new forum rules for you; only 100 characters allowed per post. Punctuation is optional.
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    LARSON7 said:

only 100 characters allowed per post.

I'm setting the line on a 100 character post at 4.5 commas.