You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The BowieEffect in poker

2»

Comments

• Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240

SnapShove is the only thing I use as well, and I've only been using that for 2 weeks.

Stars say you can use it outside the game for study, but not whilst the game is running. I assume Sky is the same, as it is real time aid to decision making. So nobody should be using it in game, but...
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Doooobs said:

SnapShove is the only thing I use as well, and I've only been using that for 2 weeks.

Stars say you can use it outside the game for study, but not whilst the game is running. I assume Sky is the same, as it is real time aid to decision making. So nobody should be using it in game, but...
    I imagine people use it all the time during play but not at spin ups as there just isn't enough time. Shorter timebanks are definitely a viable solution for stopping RTA.

Snap shove really isn't much of a problem anyway. It's fairly easy to remember all the ranges or thereabouts in no time.
  • Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    If you need to have charts open as you are playing, you're not very good at poker. You're not even slightly good.

Someone else is good and you're just plagiarising them.

By all means learn from charts if you really must but don't have them open when playing you big virgins!

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    It's not all it's cracked up to be MisterPJ can vouch for that....... cough!
  • Options
    rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 617
    edited October 2020
    Hi i no bowie v gd player set up is overkill for sure not sure its real. on screens hes got 5 pio sims 2 monitors for charts. And a you tube vid.
  • Options
    Gp1991Gp1991 Member Posts: 27
    This fella used to play live in Wales. Very good player. I believe he is originally from Bolton.
  • Options
    BlairReidBlairReid Member Posts: 74
    Don't know why "He's a very serious young man" tickled me so much. Made me think of his conversation with Hellmuth on the feature table of the PSPC day 1. Tried to find a link but failed to find anything other than Hellmuth. People taking themselves too seriously will never fail to be entertaining.

What's the story with GG? They've banned multiple accounts and confiscated seven figures in player balances quoting use of RTA but lacking proof?

Tbf if that is actually what happened then it seems pretty fair to troll them.
  • Options
    fishhhhhfishhhhh Member Posts: 61
    He was joking @Tikay10 , there's a big scandal currently with a guy called Fedor Kruse who shot up the stakes unbelievably quickly and had been apparently using RTA (his room mates brought it to light). He had cash game solves for pretty much every spot from PIO and was apparently using a second machine, mouse and keyboard to use the solves to play 'perfectly' for apparently near 1m profit.

Andy is very vocal on twitter about cheats/skullduggery and loves a good meme!

• Options
    BlairReidBlairReid Member Posts: 74
    fishhhhh said:

He was joking @Tikay10 , there's a big scandal currently with a guy called Fedor Kruse who shot up the stakes unbelievably quickly and had been apparently using RTA (his room mates brought it to light). He had cash game solves for pretty much every spot from PIO and was apparently using a second machine, mouse and keyboard to use the solves to play 'perfectly' for apparently near 1m profit.

So the million in confiscated player balances was all from Kruse? I'd heard innocent accounts were getting caught up in the crossfire.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    fishhhhh said:

@fishhhhh

Yes, I'm up to sped on the Kruse case though Andy certainly whooshed me at the time.

FWIW, I wholeheartedly approve of GG confiscating the player balances of those who were cheating, & giving those monies, where possible, to those who were scammed by Kruse & the like. So it's unlikely that Andy or I are going to see eye to eye on this any time soon. ;)

• Options
    cabbazcabbaz Member Posts: 36
    I think the giveaway that this is a troll is the Jonathan Little thumbnail on the middle computer (another ongoing twitter meme!)