You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Anyone Famous Go To Your Old School?

2»

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,518
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

SEB COE was 5 or 6 years above me at Tapton School in Sheffield.

I was in the same year as his brother Nick, and we used to do Cross-Country running for the school (would you believe!). He wasn't as good as his brother, but I've just looked him up on t'internet, as I know he was high up in LEVI STRAUSS. He's now worth more than $18 million .....s

RICK SAVAGE ....guitarist with Rock group DEF LEPPARD (they used to play at our

School
    Youth Club), was the year above me at school. We used to play Golf and Football together. I'll never forget him having a PINK Slazenger Golf Bag. Something I reminded him of the last time I bumped into him. :D

Seeing the piccy of LAURA DAVIES above ........ I used to play and practice Golf at my Club (Hallamshire GC), with her best mate ALISON NICHOLAS who went on to win the U.S.Open
    ......and I grew up playing golf alongside SKY SPORTS Analyst and Commentator 'my name's MARK ROE'

Fun Times :)

Great thread Tony @HAYSIE

I believed every word of it, up until you mentioned your cross country running.

I expect you used to beat Seb Coe over 800m as well.
    OBVIOUSLY ;)

.........though I only used to do 1 circuit!

I think what would be FUN is guessing which one is @HAYSIE in the Class Photos in OP

I'm going for the kid farthest right, 2nd Row, with the Jam Jar bottom Glasses ..... and NO friends (2nd Class photo)

Some things never change :D
    Wrong on all counts.

Wrong kid, wrong photo, I never wore glasses until I was in my 40s.
    edited October 2020

Seeing the piccy of LAURA DAVIES above ........ I used to play and practice Golf at my

OBVIOUSLY ;)
    ........though I only used to do 1 circuit!

I think what would be FUN is guessing which one is @HAYSIE in the Class Photos in OP

I'm going for the kid farthest right, 2nd Row, with the Jam Jar bottom Glasses ..... and NO friends (2nd Class photo)

Some things never change :D

Wrong on all counts

Wrong kid, wrong photo, I never wore glasses until I was in my 40s.

This was a clue.

Incredibly the first photo in the article that included any people was that of my class, in my first year.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,968
    People naming former pupils at their schools that have gone on to make a name for themselves including Politicians,Actors,Musicians,Sportsmen & even an Archbishop.This video sums up the expectations of kids at my school... :D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCmQkIKODso
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    madprof said:

Brian Bithell, the only boy from my school year football team to make it at professional football...though to be fair, making it big time is all relative...he signed for Stoke City in 73, left in 77 and played very few first team games... @maxally ? @stokefc ??

i remember the name Dan don't remember his career at Stoke was a kid at the time
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Great thread Tony.

Some famous people from my school include -

Matt Aitken, English songwriter and record producer and the creative force behind the songwriting/production trio of Stock, Aitken and Waterman

Roger Hunt, MBE, English former footballer and member of the England team that won the World Cup in 1966.

Pete Shelley (Peter McNeish), singer, songwriter and guitarist, and leader of the Buzzcocks.

Colin Wellend was a teacher there.
    The Leigh-born dad-of-four, who starred in Kes and Z Cars, won an Academy Award for the screenplay of Chariots of Fire in 1981
    Spencer Davis dead: Keep On Running hitmaker dies aged 81

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    These three were in my year at school, one of them was in my Junior school classs.

Year Below me.

Same college.

same school.