You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Boris And The Pole Dancer.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,944
edited October 2020 in The Rail

In the Daily Mail's exclusive interview, the American businesswoman, Jennifer Arcuri, says she had a four-year affair with Mr Johnson after being "swept away" by what she calls his "avalanches" of reckless, blind passion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-54578885

Comments

• chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Everybody knows they had an affair, where’s the revelation?

Not everybody knows what HAYSIE does in his 1hour of exercise though.
    Just in.

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,944
    Did you have an affair with Boris? 'I think that goes without saying - it's pretty much out there': Jennifer Arcuri has always been coy about what happened... Now she spells it out and reveals her new TV drama with parallels to their coup de foudre

Jennifer Arcuri (pictured left), the 35-year-old American business woman who famously gave the then London mayor 'tech tutorials' in her flat (where she practised pole dancing) has - until today - never directly confirmed her four-year affair with Boris. Pictured right: Johnson and Arcuri together a the Innotech Hacking and data conference in London, 2014. As London's mayor, Boris didn't conceal his relationship with Jennifer Arcuri from his political advisers - but they did not approve. Boris's departure from City Hall in 2016 coincided with Jennifer's decision to end the relationship. She had by then met her future husband. Was she still seeing Boris at the time? 'I'd rather not answer that,' she says

Instead, Jennifer described it as a complicated friendship in which they bonded over a love of Shakespeare — something which was scarcely reflected in Boris's sweet nothings, such as 'Jennifer, you're the Mount Everest every man wants to climb'.
    Bower reveals how Boris would send her 'recklessly amorous' texts, although she could never be certain of his sincerity.

When, in October last year, she discovered that a newspaper was about to reveal her relationship with Johnson amid conflict of interest allegations while he was London's mayor — Arcuri received £126,000 in public money for various business ventures and went on three overseas trade trips led by Boris after officials had initially turned her down for two of them — she tried to call him to warn him.
    This time he passed the phone to an aide and on another occasion, put the phone down when he heard her voice.

'Shame on him for that,' she says. 'But I think he was under a lot of pressure.'

I am intrigued by Jennifer's subsequent friendship with Petronella Wyatt, the journalist with whom Boris had an affair while he was editor of The Spectator. She had an abortion and later suffered a miscarriage.
    The Bower book describes how Boris arrived 'in disguise' at the hospital to share their 'genuine misery for their lost child'. After Jennifer dumped him, the biography claims he tried to reignite his affair with Petronella, who rebuffed him.

In the book, she is quoted as telling friends that Carrie has 'far more skeletons than me', adding that 'Boris got caught at the end of the night by a flirtatious minx. She's controlling him. She's just a Type A worker bee, riding a bicycle around the Westminster village.'

'I wish them well,' she tells me coolly, before adding: 'I don't think it will last.'

It's all there in a new biography of Boris Johnson, along with how his dad broke his mum's nose; his fisticuffs in a lift with former Chancellor George Osborne; his one-night stand with a brunette in Davos . . . and you and he in a London hotel room, with him 'plodding around in his underwear, eating cheese, conscious about his looks and his need to lose weight'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8849045/Jennifer-Arcuri-Yes-DID-affair-Boris-jester-romance.html
    HAYSIE said:

Did you have an affair with Boris? 'I think that goes without saying - it's pretty much out there': Jennifer Arcuri has always been coy about what happened... Now she spells it out and reveals her new TV drama with parallels to their coup de foudre

Jennifer Arcuri (pictured left), the 35-year-old American business woman who famously gave the then London mayor 'tech tutorials' in her flat (where she practised pole dancing) has - until today - never directly confirmed her four-year affair with Boris. Pictured right: Johnson and Arcuri together a the Innotech Hacking and data conference in London, 2014. As London's mayor, Boris didn't conceal his relationship with Jennifer Arcuri from his political advisers - but they did not approve. Boris's departure from City Hall in 2016 coincided with Jennifer's decision to end the relationship. She had by then met her future husband. Was she still seeing Boris at the time? 'I'd rather not answer that,' she says

Instead, Jennifer described it as a complicated friendship in which they bonded over a love of Shakespeare — something which was scarcely reflected in Boris's sweet nothings, such as 'Jennifer, you're the Mount Everest every man wants to climb'.
    Bower reveals how Boris would send her 'recklessly amorous' texts, although she could never be certain of his sincerity.

When, in October last year, she discovered that a newspaper was about to reveal her relationship with Johnson amid conflict of interest allegations while he was London's mayor — Arcuri received £126,000 in public money for various business ventures and went on three overseas trade trips led by Boris after officials had initially turned her down for two of them — she tried to call him to warn him.
    This time he passed the phone to an aide and on another occasion, put the phone down when he heard her voice.

'Shame on him for that,' she says. 'But I think he was under a lot of pressure.'

I am intrigued by Jennifer's subsequent friendship with Petronella Wyatt, the journalist with whom Boris had an affair while he was editor of The Spectator. She had an abortion and later suffered a miscarriage.
    The Bower book describes how Boris arrived 'in disguise' at the hospital to share their 'genuine misery for their lost child'. After Jennifer dumped him, the biography claims he tried to reignite his affair with Petronella, who rebuffed him.

In the book, she is quoted as telling friends that Carrie has 'far more skeletons than me', adding that 'Boris got caught at the end of the night by a flirtatious minx. She's controlling him. She's just a Type A worker bee, riding a bicycle around the Westminster village.'

'I wish them well,' she tells me coolly, before adding: 'I don't think it will last.'

It's all there in a new biography of Boris Johnson, along with how his dad broke his mum's nose; his fisticuffs in a lift with former Chancellor George Osborne; his one-night stand with a brunette in Davos . . . and you and he in a London hotel room, with him 'plodding around in his underwear, eating cheese, conscious about his looks and his need to lose weight'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8849045/Jennifer-Arcuri-Yes-DID-affair-Boris-jester-romance.html

A copy of Women’s Own for HAYSIE please.
    Not even a mention.

HAYSIE said:

Not even a mention.

OMG. Was Boris married to Linda Robson?

If not, why not.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

Not even a mention.

OMG. Was Boris married to Linda Robson?

If not, why not.
    Boris would probably sh ag the crack of dawn so why not LR....
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,021
    Nothing to do with Pole Dancing but came across this today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTAClNQUUeE
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030

@lucy4

What a POS

I'm not sure what most surprises & depresses me - Trump being POTUS or Boris being our PM.

lucy4 said:

So nothing's changed then?...... he remains as a lying, nasty piece of work
    madprof said:

lucy4 said:

So nothing's changed then?...... he remains as a lying, nasty piece of work
    Chillings hero.
    So let’s go back to last year,election time.
    The Tories raised, labour called. The Tories had the goods, Labour had the standard junk, as they’ve had for quite a few years.
    So, it has been well documented about Boris being economical with the truth.
    The red wall already knew this, but backed him.
    You are obviously very fussy with your choice of lying leaders.
    Show me the weapons of mass destruction and I’ll show you the “ oven ready deal”.
    Remember, you liked the chap that took us to war on a whim.
    chilling said:

The Tories raised, labour called. The Tories had the goods, Labour had the standard junk, as they’ve had for quite a few years.
    Show me the weapons of mass destruction and I’ll show you the “ oven ready deal”.

Deflection.
    This is a thread about Boris and the pole dancer.
    Tony Blairs actions dont improve Boris.
    If you wish to do a comparison between Tony Blair, or Keir Starmer and Boris, start a thread.
    Boris and his pole dancer has nothing to do with the election, unless maybe if you were Chinese.
    chilling said:

I just find myself sitting here laughing,
    How could anyone think that WMDs belong on a Boris and the pole dancer thread?

And she later said she felt like she has been ignored by Boris - becoming "collateral damage" while Mr Johnson has been "unaffected".

The PM avoided a criminal probe after the police watchdog found no evidence he improperly secured her place on ­foreign trade trips he led.

The revelation comes after a book claimed the politician had "rushed off" to meet an English woman while in the exclusive Swiss ski resort of Davos.

The PM is accused of having an affair with an English woman while he was in the Alps at the World Economic Forum seven years ago - even though he was married and having an affair with American Ms Arcuri.

Mr Johnson’s love life is known to be colourful.

He wed first wife Allegra Mostyn-Owen, who he met at Oxford University, in 1987 when they were both 23.

But they split after he had an affair with Marina Wheeler.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12952109/jennifer-arcuri-affair-boris-johnson-admission/
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Just the one visit, and my last,for the following reasons.

What is the point of this thread?
    Because someone was a pole dancer?
    Because Boris lies? Don’t most politicians?
    Let’s just see who has had affairs etc, before.
    John Major, Edwina Curry,David Mellor, David Blunkett, Prescott, Ashdown, Earl of Caithness, Kennedy, Profumo,Alan Clark, Sarkozy, Berlusconi, I could go on.
    Not a “ classy” thing to say, but I think you are mentally ill. Go get help.
    Ban me, not bothered.

Good bye.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    It’s a sad time if there’s a collective shrug of the shoulders when politicians ( especially the Prime Minister) act in this manner.
    The “ They all do it, or most of them anyway” rhetoric, hardly fills me with hope for the future when trust should be a basic requirement for a job in government.

Slightly off topic in a way, but Police chiefs, Lawyers , Priests, etc etc are now at last being held to account for despicable actions.

Hopefully , in time there will be a code of practice which should be adhered to, and followed up with appropriate punishments.
    tomgoodun said:

It’s a sad time if there’s a collective shrug of the shoulders when politicians ( especially the Prime Minister) act in this manner.
    The “ They all do it, or most of them anyway” rhetoric, hardly fills me with hope for the future when trust should be a basic requirement for a job in government.

Slightly off topic in a way, but Police chiefs, Lawyers , Priests, etc etc are now at last being held to account for despicable actions.

Hopefully , in time there will be a code of practice which should be adhered to, and followed up with appropriate punishments.

I am confident it will come back and bite Boris at some point in the not too distant future.
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Just the one visit, and my last,for the following reasons.

Not again?

What is the point of this thread?

Dont you that this is a really strange question from someone who has posted on it 5 times?
    Does every thread have to have a point?

Because someone was a pole dancer?

No, because someone was Prime Minister, silly.
    She was a pole dancer that was sleeping with Boris for 4 years while receiving over £100k in funding from his office.

Because Boris lies? Don’t most politicians?

The average politician doesnt lie, or womanise anywhere near as much as Boris.

Let’s just see who has had affairs etc, before.
    John Major, Edwina Curry,David Mellor, David Blunkett, Prescott, Ashdown, Earl of Caithness, Kennedy, Profumo,Alan Clark, Sarkozy, Berlusconi, I could go on.

More deflection.
    Two wrongs dont make a right.
    You are struggling because you have included Major and Curry, gone back about 60 years for Profumo, and included France, and Italy.
    The fact that someone else might have done something similar 60 years ago when they werent Prime Minister, doesnt excuse Boris?
    Why have you given up on the WMD excuse?

Not a “ classy” thing to say, but I think you are mentally ill. Go get help.

When could you have ever been described as being classy?

Ban me, not bothered.

Out of my hands.

Good bye.
    You keep saying that, and then returning 5 minutes later, like a bad penny.

There are many threads that have been started on this forum that I have no interest in reading, or posting on.
    If that is the case I just ignore them.
    I think that if everyone felt the need to post personal abuse about the person that started every thread they didnt like, or didnt agree with, the forum would become a disaster.

tomgoodun said:

Regretfully I’m not gonna hold my breath....can I recommend cold war Steve on twitter for a more balanced view on politicians in general?

Boris Johnson's former lover Jennifer Arcuri blasts her 'puppet' ex as a 'Great Supine Protoplasmic Invertebrate Jelly' for his 'repulsive' phone call to congratulating Joe Biden

Jennifer Arcuri (left and right, with Boris Johnson), 35, slammed the Prime Minister on Twitter (inset) for congratulating Joe Biden before he has been officially named US President. Ms Arcuri wrote: 'Alex the Great embarrassment. This is repulsive Boris Johnson. Yes, even for you: You know the media does NOT call elections. This tweet exposes you for what you really are and now the world can see it. #GreatSupineProtoplasmicInvertebrateJelly in other words, 100% #puppet.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html